Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
also looks like they trade a good bit above the value of the coins they hold, which... is retarded

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
doge.png

• 2Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
But all the exchanges suck.
It's true. Buy the coin and xfer it to cold storage and close your account /shrug. I thought about waiting until someone like Fidelity puts crypto on their exchange too, but you can pretty much guarantee by the time that happens you will have missed out on a ton of gain. It's basically take the risk and buy now, or wait for a better exchange and pay a lot more later.

Edit: To be sure, I think you'd make money going through Grayscale too, but I don't think you'd make nearly as much and you wouldn't be able to do things like stake your ETH. Don't underestimate how valuable being able to stake your own ETH will be.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm really just looking to buy and sell ETH within 6-9 months. I am thinking the chance of getting a 5-10x return in 9 months is extremely high and the downside is extremely low.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm really just looking to buy and sell ETH within 6-9 months. I am thinking the chance of getting a 5-10x return in 9 months is extremely high and the downside is extremely low.
Remove both of the "extremelys" from your post and I totally agree with you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Greyscale stuff is fine for what is it, USD price exposure to the underlying asset. It completely misses the real point of crypto however which is the usability of the networks + self sovereignty of the asset itself. If you just want price exposure without any of the actual upsides to crypto then its probably fine. You pay a premium but you can hold it in your traditional accounts so whatever works I guess. I have some GBTC in my 401k.

They'll likely convert to an ETF eventually too so there is some future upside there as well.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
VET just about back where it was when I sold pre-emptively before the Biden speech and re-bought on the dip the next day. Taking fees into account, I'm up 13-15% from where I was previously at this point. Weathering a dip feels like finally successfully executing a parry/riposte in a Souls game

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My free shit from Coinbase is looking good this week. That straight vertical line from 51-56 was another free offer of $5 from Celo.
0A8958C4-0B3C-4C51-AE19-8E1EFD91A189.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, seems like options expiring today sent BTC (and thereby other crypto) straight up. Good to keep in mind.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I think you'd be much better off just buying ETH.
Came in here to say this....

But all the exchanges suck.
Yes, but if you're just interested in "buying some and trying to time the top" you aren't going to be using the exchange a lot. At the very fanciest you'd be wanting to be able to place limit/stop loss orders. I still wouldn't recommend going "full degen gambler" and rolling leveraged positions if you're just in for a good time and not a long time.

With that said if you can stomach a .5% service charge then just hop in coinbase pro and do it.

If you end up catching "the bug" and wanting to get seriously into it, then you look at wallet options and probably defi exchanges like Uniswap, Sushiswap, Pancakeswap, and maybe even Quickswap if you wanna be kinky and roll with MATIC. (MATIC is the gateway drug to low cost transactions relative to the insane fees on the Ethereum chain as a whole)

As for the rest of the market. I think almost all the options traders this month made their calls a few days ago and cleared what they needed to so once it was official the price started drifting back up. I suspect we will test 60K over the weekend on BTC since it's time for the "Weekend Crypto Shitshow". What struck me was that even when the options stuff should have been suppressing ETH as much as BTC it gained. The ETHBTC pair has been seeming to consistently go ETHs way lately, and ETH ahs outperformed BTC for the last couple months consistently, and in general for the year.
1619844616237.png

Either way... I did what buying I felt I needed to today, now I'll sit back and let the weekend shitshow entertain me. I kinda hate when the end of the month falls on a weekend since I get my "Crypto Fun Money" in the form of commission checks at the end of the month.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
What are people's feelings about buying Greyscale Ethereum shares through Fidelity?

That's how I've traded it. Have done two swing trades with it, +65% and recently 40% (ish). My paper hands recently left another 20% in the table and am currently waiting for another big dip.

Did it all on Fidelity, no broker fees, no worries about where the fuck my money is.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
The Cathedral is scared. Time to sell boys, Bill Maher says its all useless.

For real though almost everything this goon says is wrong. Quoting Bill Gates as an authority on Bitcoin... lol

Bitcoin could single handedly push global warming above 'the tipping point' of 2 degrees Celsius
They're terrified

EDIT: To add a complete juxtaposition to the above. Max Keiser had an interesting segment today

Last edited:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Cathedral is scared. Time to sell boys, Bill Maher says its all useless.

For real though almost everything this goon says is wrong. Quoting Bill Gates as an authority on Bitcoin... lol

They're terrified

EDIT: To add a complete juxtaposition to the above. Max Keiser had an interesting segment today

• 1Like