Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
After one day looking at houses in Charleston, SC, holy fucking shit the housing market is trash.

Two months ago an area that sold $450k houses on average are all $625k.

The realtor told us that one year ago there were 6,000 houses on the market and now there are 1,500. How do you buy a house in this market???
It’s the same thing in the small Florida town my parents live in.

They built their house for like 90 grand in the 90s and 5 years ago it was still only worth maybe 150ish. Now my dad just said today they could probably get 300k for it, like 75 more than a year ago.

And this is podunk area an hour outside of Tampa / Orlando.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
And this is podunk area an hour outside of Tampa / Orlando.

That's the magic halo range. Just close enough that you can get into town for work if needed, far enough out that public transit won't get rioters to you neighborhood. Imagine that around Dallas, plus broadband access, and you have where I'm looking for my next house.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Am I missing something? My 920 Truebit coins are worth $413.
Something is wacky with whatever it’s showing you. I’m thankful mine is showing the correct balance, makes the insane gas fee worth it ATM

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Dextools.io is the best tool for watching Uniswap pairs in my experience, so just pay attention to that. Also make sure the TRU you have in your wallet has contract address referencing Truebit (0xf65b5c5104c4fafd4b709d9d60a185eae063276c) and not TrueFI (0x4c19596f5aaff459fa38b0f7ed92f11ae6543784).

EDIT: I believe Coinbase Wallets are having an issue with displaying the correct Truebit amount as well. Works fine with MyEtherWallet and Metamask.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anything under $10,000 ETH is a steal, really. Even after that mark it's a pretty wise investment.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The sky is the limit, really. No one knows what the price action will be like when the system is up and running with tasks burning TRU and organizations locking TRU. We do know that as the price increases, the supply increases, so it's unlikely to pump super fast. This is one of my long term holds for sure - though, my ETH stack is due some blood, so I will be converting half of it back at some point.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you hold onto it for long enough, it will change your life I'm sure.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you hold onto it for long enough, it will change your life I'm sure.
I got 500 TRU just the other day so I am ready to sit on it for several years. We shall see if James is Nostradumbass once more!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, my 655 Truebit were showing as $280 instead of the correct $498. Going off of both Coinbase and Uniswap here. The price never fixed itself. However the number of Truebit is showing correctly (655) so I haven't worried about it too much. It'd be nice to see it displaying what it's worth correctly though. Especially since it went up 33% over the weekend.

Planning to double my $500 investment in a couple days, most likely, then start working on getting Ethereum back up. I had this philosophy that if I had $10,000 to work with, I should put it on the thing most likely to give me an exponential gain, which led to a lot of bouncing around and no exponential gains. I did make money, but not a lot relative to the effort (maybe 5% after overhead costs). Now I'm more likely to divide that $10k up into a number of different things and take the good with the bad.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Doge getting completely trashed as of 5 AM. European market, maybe? Doesn't bode well for today. I should have sold last night at .58 and at least gotten the initial investment back. I'm all about HODLing now...except with Doge

Fadaar

That guy
You dont. with the Federal judge throwing out eviction foreclosure moratorium nation-wide, the best play is to wait a year or so if you can.

wait 5 years for everyone who got the vaccine to drop dead, real estate will be plentiful and cheap then :trollface:

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think everyone understood that DOGE's rise was going to be short lived.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Might have lost $2000 this morning trying jump through all the hoops to get TrueBit by erroneously sending ETH to the wrong address

This industry is so fucking shitty and gay

Put a ticket in with Coinbase, maybe I'll get it back. I sent it to them accidentally.

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
So how many websites, swaps, and exchanges will I need to go through to purchase my FurorCoins (FUC) ?

I feel like the money is in the "harder" to get stuff at the moment, same as it's always been.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Might have lost $2000 this morning trying jump through all the hoops to get TrueBit by erroneously sending ETH to the wrong address

Put a ticket in with Coinbase, maybe I'll get it back. I sent it to them accidentally.
if you're on coinbase and connect to the parent account you can just fill the wallet directly. That's what I did.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

If you send something to a different type of wallet or wrong address, it's gone. (99.9999% sure)

i did pay a shitload in gas fees trying to convert ETH to TRUEBIT