Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Haus

<Silver Donator>
lol I'm about to paperhands the fuck out.

The practice I have is as one goes up when it's around 150% my original in I take out some amount of my original stake (usually 20-25%). Then at %175 I take out another slice, then at 200% I take out the remainder of my original investment so I'm playing with "house money". It makes for stronger feeling hands in the long run...

Or as some of the people I follow like to say often, "You haven't made any profit, until you sell"

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So bc everything I have is currently in Binance I’m guessing it is easier to set up MetaMask. I’ve got that done and can connect on Uniswap just to test.

Now with MetaMask I can buy $500 ETH with USD bank transfer, Apple Pay or whatever and use the Swap option in Meta to move it to whatever from there?

Seems easier than trying to get things out of Binance but will be managing two “accounts” basically.

*edit: oh dang the max transfer in Meta is like $425 weekly Apple Pay, haha. The Transak option only shows VISA and no ACH option. Hmmm

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I bought ETH on coinbase. Transfer to my metamask, and then connect your metamask to uniswap and you attempt the swap on uniswap. It'll make you confirm on Metamask and mine took 5-10min to process.

You'll just have to look at the gas fee and reduce your ETH a tiny bit or it wont let you submit.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
wait 5 years for everyone who got the vaccine to drop dead, real estate will be plentiful and cheap then :trollface:
Avengers Infinity War GIF

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I bought ETH on coinbase. Transfer to my metamask, and then connect your metamask to uniswap and you attempt the swap on uniswap. It'll make you confirm on Metamask and mine took 5-10min to process.

You'll just have to look at the gas fee and reduce your ETH a tiny bit or it wont let you submit.

Thanks, I may have to look at doing it that way. The Transak thing it MetaMask is just say at processing. I got a text asked w with a conf code but no place to put it.

*edit: nm figured it out. Had to go to pending transactions, enter the text code, go to bank about and enter the pending transaction code, then everything syncs up. Got $500 of ETH as a test and can see it in wallet.

Last edited:

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
With that gas fees, it seems like you need the price to go up like 150% before you even recoup your investment on it. Is my thinking wrong on that?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ah another lesson learned is the fees going poof if you don’t get your order. Someone mentioned that a few pages ago I think but wasn’t sure what it meant or how it applied. So down $250 to testing. Figured out how to add the TrueBit transaction address though so that was neat to learn. Now to learn about slippage and speeds.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
You guys last few pages have fully convinced me that this is the future of finance . So efficient and streamlined not to mention low cost. Clearly the future. I was just trying to pay my credit card bill with these stupid dollars and the gas fees were intense. After a couple weeks verification process I accidentally sent the money to the wrong place so I think it’s gone now.

• 18Worf
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 25 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You guys last few pages have fully convinced me that this is the future of finance . So efficient and streamlined not to mention low cost. Clearly the future. I was just trying to pay my credit card bill with these stupid dollars and the gas fees were intense. After a couple weeks verification process I accidentally sent the money to the wrong place so I think it’s gone now.

lmao i laughed so hard that my wife became very concerned about what was happening

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

Does the sign above the door here now read "Put $30k on the line for a .5% return?"

you might be in the wrong room! :p

no one has ever put in the wrong stock ticker before, or accidentally purchased from an OTC market and got crushed on fees. nor had a fee/commission fee for every transaction executed in history!

Last edited:

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I mean, if you think this is a less efficient user experience than trading stocks, you're nuts. Anyone can create a wallet, interact with Uniswap, and deposit/borrow assets at any time of day in any part of the world with internet access. That's extremely powerful, and worth a few temporary issues like high gas fees and sending money to the wrong address.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've lived on the internet since 14.4k modems existed and I find the process of buying and selling crypto to be extremely obfuscated and riddled with ridiculous fees and not worth it. I ended up purchasing tons of greyscale ETHE shares instead.

I imagine the crypto market will explode when an actual user-friendly exchange that isn't slamming users with ridiculous fees is implemented by someone.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, this is an important note and the reason I lost $30 on a blown transaction. Always buy less than you have available. So if you're buying $500 of something with Eth, have $550 in Eth first. 30 for the gas fee, 20 for adjustments. Cause I tried to buy 500 TB with 500+gas fees in Eth, and then the price changed to that much TB being worth 502 while I was doing that and the transaction bounced (being $2 short) while still charging me $30 for gas.

This system seems pretty ass

Anyway speaking of ass, I got out of Doge at .51, lost $240. Would have only lost $50 if I got out last night, but I was hoping for a Monday morning rally. Nope, looks like Doge might be cooked after this weekend's debacle.

It's okay, I can face-tank the loss, considering I was working with "house money" anyway. Still feels like a stupid, avoidable loss, which is depressing. Doge money going back on Eth, where it should have been all along.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I've lived on the internet since 14.4k modems existed and I find the process of buying and selling crypto to be extremely obfuscated and riddled with ridiculous fees and not worth it. I ended up purchasing tons of greyscale ETHE shares instead.

I imagine the crypto market will explode when an actual user-friendly exchange that isn't slamming users with ridiculous fees is implemented by someone.

I remember 300 baud modems that cost 6 dollars a hour to connect through...

Anyways, why aren't more just doing the greyscale ETHEs? Seems a lot less hassle

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember 300 baud modems that cost 6 dollars a hour to connect through...

Anyways, why aren't more just doing the greyscale ETHEs? Seems a lot less hassle

Because the benefits of owning crypto are significantly greater than the benefits of owning a crypto-related ETF.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user