Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Suggesting that you can’t chart crypto is absurd. I’ve used them to find entry and exit points. If I wanted to make crypto trading my job I would hire someone to make an algo based on these fundamentals.

My best and worst trades are when I was following or ignoring my SMA chart. Per Sanrith’s chart, we know we’re at the bottom of the trading pattern over the last 200 days. We also know there’s nothing between where we are and $20k. So when you’re considering your next buy, you need to take this into account.

Sanrith never said charts predict the future, like you guys seem to be arguing. They’re a map that says, “You are here,” and shows you the current condition of the market on a moving plane. That’s invaluable information when you’re considering your next step.

To suggest otherwise is simply ignorance. To ad hominem the reality is simply ignorant assholery.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So you think, people trading trillions, wouldn't use tech that is nearly magical in it's ability too dominate?...

JLawOk.gif

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok people, I need help with a transaction. My wife has a friend that has done some super serious crypto research and determined (and I quote) "Safemoon to the MOON."

My wife wants to buy some and I said sure, but we are just using crypto profits from my current Tron coins. So I'm trying to find a way to get TRX (TRC10) to Safemoon which is BEP 20. Since I am US based I cannot use the Binance swap method because I cannot access my Binance account. Is there any solution?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So you think, people trading trillions, wouldn't use tech that is nearly magical in it's ability too dominate?...

JLawOk.gif
Do you have any idea how long it takes to train a model that is anywhere near providing best results? Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit. Go do some qualified math.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Do you have any idea how long it takes to train a model that is anywhere near providing best results? Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit. Go do some qualified math.

Hah, knew this is what you were thinking.

You can train them, using millions of instances, of every stock, currency, etc.

And they have had a decade?

So yeah, they are "slow" for a single instance.

But to think that's how it works, you are either ignorant or dumb.

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Well it is now, since 2018. But there must have been a lot of students doing both for them to start offering it as a single PhD (even though it technically is a double PhD, you just only have to write one dissertation instead of two)
The dissertation (and really, the research supporting it) is like 90% of the work for a PhD, so writing one dissertation is definitely not a "double PhD". It looks like this program was created to help guide research that bridges the gap between math and CS. They were probably tired of CS PhD students with math knowledge gaps and vice versa.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Suggesting that you can’t chart crypto is absurd. I’ve used them to find entry and exit points. If I wanted to make crypto trading my job I would hire someone to make an algo based on these fundamentals.

My best and worst trades are when I was following or ignoring my SMA chart.

Sanrith never said charts predict the future, like you guys seem to be arguing. They’re a map that says, “You are here,” and shows you the current condition of the market on a moving plane. That’s invaluable information when you’re considering your next step.

To suggest otherwise is simply ignorance. To ad hominem the reality is simply ignorant assholery.
I didn't say you can't chart it. I said charts are a tool. you are too zoomed in. I said there are so many factors other than the basic math used to develop your simple averages that those become wholly irrelevant for the most part in a market like this. Those are nice in equities because there isn't 20% movements in those established (and regulated) markets and there is a true lack of black swan type events. It's a self fulfilling prophecy because its all equity stuff/people just applying their same techniques to crypto because they already have them and then saying it's right because everyone else is doing the same thing (and therefore becoming self fulfilling)

And I simply do not think that reflects reality. I would assume your positions are likely to become more accurate as institutions are becoming more and more of a large share of crypto, but any given week there is a disturbance in the force that is 100% not expected and makes a "calculated" entry or exit point irrelevant for the most part.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Hah, knew this is what you were thinking.

You can train them, using millions of instances, of every stock, currency, etc.

And they have had a decade?

So yeah, they are "slow" for a single instance.

But to think that's how it works, you are either ignorant or dumb.
Think about it. HFT is concerned with the nano second change in data. Models trained on years of data mean dick when your trading time is that short. You cant update anywhere near fast enough and billions of dollars arent going to be risked using models that become too old in seconds.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

JLawOk.gif
You could only use machine learning for overall trading strategies. You couldn't use it to make minute-to-minute or second-to-second judgements. It requires constant A/B testing and it wouldn't be able to tell the outcome of its trades fast enough.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
YES. I chose wisely for a change. Went back into all stablecoin last night before bed. Rebought MATIC at $1.60ish. Now I have an entire 14,500 more coins than I did when I started in it two weeks ago. I want to see the market rise and rise but this volatility can really be your friend if you play it right.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Umm...

1621608586367.png