Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
You couldn't make this shit up, Norton are adding a fucking miner to their 360 Antivirus suite.

tumblr_msod6mz9Zf1r3vs52o1_250.gif

Going off of Haus Haus 's excellent analytics posts and looking at the price directions myself, it looks to me like the volatility for the main market cap coins has tapered off a bit and prices are just slowly increasing over time. I'm guessing that the normal sine wave price action that tends to occur will keep going (rising early-mid week, falling on weekends) but the overall trend is slowly back up.

I'm very curious to see what happens with James James TRU predictions come July...

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm very curious to see what happens with James James James James TRU predictions come July...

I don't think I've made any bold predictions for July? Just that we're pretty sure Optimism uses Truebit and that it's supposedly rolling out in July with Uniswap support. No idea what the price action is for this token in the short term, but it's pretty obvious the deeper I dig that this is going to be a top 3 coin in 5 years. This shit aims to replace AWS EC2s, it could be even bigger than Ethereum eventually.

• 2Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I don't think I've made any bold predictions for July? Just that we're pretty sure Optimism uses Truebit and that it's supposedly rolling out in July with Uniswap support. No idea what the price action is for this token in the short term, but it's pretty obvious the deeper I dig that this is going to be a top 3 coin in 5 years. This shit aims to replace AWS EC2s, it could be even bigger than Ethereum eventually.
Maybe prediction is the wrong word, but that is what I was referring to 🙂

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I'm curious as shit about it, too. Currently having problems with Truebit on Ethereum mainnet, but I think it might be because geth is running in lightmode so I'm syncing up a full geth node right now to see.

• 1Solidarity

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$NFY still continuing its run, lots of rumors surrounding it - my favorite is a giant LED billboard powered by the greek tokens (KAPPA et al) that's launched into space via SpaceX.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>

"The Ethermine team has added a scaling solution (0xPolygon former Matic) to the payout system that enables us to send payouts as low as 0.005 ETH per day"

Sooo Matic and Eth working together again. Interesting.
So looking into this "smaller miner payout" is screwing smaller miners with fees. They send your payment to Matic and to transfer to Eth is charging large amounts to move the funds around. So while the small miners get a payout quicker than having to wait till 0.1 ETH they are getting screwed if they want to cash it out. On Discord they basically told them to hold it in Matic until the amount is high enough to justify moving it or don't use it. People are furious over the fee's on the Ethermine/Flypool discord.

I took a 0.005 payout to see what it was all about and it was going to cost me $16.34 to move $13.991 lol. I think I will just let them pay me out on the 28th monthly.

Capture.JPG

• 1Worf

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So looking into this "smaller miner payout" is screwing smaller miners with fees. They send your payment to Matic and to transfer to Eth is charging large amounts to move the funds around. So while the small miners get a payout quicker than having to wait till 0.1 ETH they are getting screwed if they want to cash it out. On Discord they basically told them to hold it in Matic until the amount is high enough to justify moving it or don't use it. People are furious over the fee's on the Ethermine/Flypool discord.

I took a 0.005 payout to see what it was all about and it was going to cost me $16.34 to move $13.991 lol. I think I will just let them pay me out on the 28th monthly.

View attachment 356614
That's not the fault of Ethermine or Polygon, that's the fault of Ethereum for having those gas/transaction fees. Take it to Polygon, keep it as POS-Weth, then go stake that on AAVE until you have enough to want to spend a gas fee to move it. Or just use Quickswap and enjoy those sweet low Polygon gas rates....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
That's not the fault of Ethermine or Polygon, that's the fault of Ethereum for having those gas/transaction fees. Take it to Polygon, keep it as POS-Weth, then go stake that on AAVE until you have enough to want to spend a gas fee to move it. Or just use Quickswap and enjoy those sweet low Polygon gas rates....
Oh I agree, all you had to do is read the process. I don't mind letting it sit till gas rates go down or do quickswap like you suggested. I just thought it was funny how many on discord were so excited and then were crying today about it. I mean I mine with a super 2070 I have had to learn to be patient and take the small gains slowly lol.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It will be interesting to see how COIN reacts to this news. They have basically 0 moat for other sources of revenue, no?
Poorly I am sure. Still kicking myself for being greedy and not dumping it at $308 for profit. I am a hog.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Oh I agree, all you had to do is read the process. I don't mind letting it sit till gas rates go down or do quickswap like you suggested. I just thought it was funny how many on discord were so excited and then were crying today about it. I mean I mine with a super 2070 I have had to learn to be patient and take the small gains slowly lol.
Right now I have a 3080, just one.... I just let it cook, and then cash out on the 1st of every month.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you own the gold when you buy Gold or Silver ETFs? That doesn't stop people from buying them.

Much bigger deal not owning the actual coins in crypto because of staking. Most people who dig even a little bit into crypto will realize staking is one of the biggest benefits for the PoS coins and you can't do that via RH. Why do you think PayPal recently changed their policy regarding being able to move coins off their platform?

Not saying their aren't people out there who won't care (especially if all they are interested in is BTC, which you can't stake)- but any company that doesn't allow you to either stake or move your coins of their platform is going to be at a serious disadvantage.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
VET running. Against the grain too. That big news I mentioned a week or so ago is supposed to drop this month.