Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The message is irrelevant. How he delivered that message is indeed a "holy shit, mind blown!" moment in history.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Dominos keep falling

You don't think these moves matter to those in power? Could be a coincidence...

• 2Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
You don't think these moves matter to those in power? Could be a coincidence...

Just so I'm clear, you are suggesting that somebody, or some government, presumably the United States government, arranged a building collapse that killed 100 people in Miami in order to send a message to Paraguay about adopting Bitcoin?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Just so I'm clear, you are suggesting that somebody, or some government, presumably the United States government, arranged a building collapse that killed 100 people in Miami in order to send a message to Paraguay about adopting Bitcoin?
I'm just pointing out the coincidence between the two events. It honestly could be a coincidence, but lets not act like this sort of thing doesn't happen. You also have things like the below happening, could be a win/win for the type of body we're referring to. Existing power structure is in danger and desperate as can be seen from a number of different actions over the past few years. I'm not counting anything out just because it seems implausible at first glance, thats all

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm just pointing out the coincidence between the two events. It honestly could be a coincidence, but lets not act like this sort of thing doesn't happen. You also have things like the below happening, could be a win/win for the type of body we're referring to. Existing power structure is in danger and desperate as can be seen from a number of different actions over the past few years. I'm not counting anything out just because it seems implausible at first glance, thats all

It's not that it "could be" a coincidence. That's the sort of framing that stokes the fires of crackpot conspiracy theories. It IS a coincidence until there is even a shred of evidence otherwise.

Also, if you want to use the Miami building collapse as fodder for BTC conspiracy theories, keep in mind you're going to have to compete with the political conspiracy theorists. According to them, the Miami building collapse was timed to coincide with the infrastructure bill in order to put pressure on congress :rolleyes:

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
It's not that it "could be" a coincidence. That's the sort of framing that stokes the fires of crackpot conspiracy theories. It IS a coincidence until there is even a shred of evidence otherwise.
Conspiracy theories have been on a roll this year. That being said I'm just posting some related information I ran across that was interesting, I don't have an opinion on the collapse.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Conspiracy theories have been on a roll this year. That being said I'm just posting some related information I ran across that was interesting, I don't have an opinion on the collapse.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to be a dick. Just tired of the conspiracy theory train.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Conspiracy theories you say? How about this one I saw linked somewhere? HAARP Earthquake weapons targetable to within a city block! Nowhere is safe!

Sorry to doxx MusicForFish MusicForFish 's site like that too :trollface:

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Triggered

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Conspiracy theories you say? How about this one I saw linked somewhere? HAARP Earthquake weapons targetable to within a city block! Nowhere is safe!

Sorry to doxx MusicForFish MusicForFish 's site like that too :trollface:
slap slapping GIF

• 2Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Signed up for a BlockFi account since crypto stored there generates interest. They're having a limited-time offer where they give you "up to $250 of Bitcoin as a sign-on bonus if you fund your account with at least $100". That's what the emails and ads say, verbatim. Even after signing up, it's like "Up to $250 in free Bitcoin. Just add $100."

Then when looking at the fine print, it turns out that you only get $250 if you fund your wallet with $100,000 or more. No, I'm not kidding. It goes down from there. If you invest $1000 or less you get $15. So no, it very much is not "invest $100, get a $250 bonus"

I still might fund it with a couple thousand in ETH if their interest rates are what the ads say (7% APR). But I half-expect to get into the nitty-gritty of it and find out that a couple thousand will only get you a 0.1% APR.

Edit: I already linked bank accounts and am also debating just unlinking and closing the account the $15 isn't even a factor now. BlockFi looks pretty good in general, but after their deceptive marketing I'm not particularly eager to do any business with them. It's like when a girl lies to you about something random on the first date, she's kinda sus after that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Signed up for a BlockFi account since crypto stored there generates interest. They're having a limited-time offer where they give you "up to $250 of Bitcoin as a sign-on bonus if you fund your account with at least $100". That's what the emails and ads say, verbatim. Even after signing up, it's like "Up to $250 in free Bitcoin. Just add $100."

Then when looking at the fine print, it turns out that you only get $250 if you fund your wallet with $100,000 or more. No, I'm not kidding. It goes down from there. If you invest $1000 or less you get $15. So no, it very much is not "invest $100, get a $250 bonus"

I still might fund it with a couple thousand in ETH if their interest rates are what the ads say (7% APR). But I half-expect to get into the nitty-gritty of it and find out that a couple thousand will only get you a 0.1% APR.

Edit: I already linked bank accounts and am also debating just unlinking and closing the account the $15 isn't even a factor now. BlockFi looks pretty good in general, but after their deceptive marketing I'm not particularly eager to do any business with them. It's like when a girl lies to you about something random on the first date, she's kinda sus after that.
I haven't found the fine print on their site, but it looks like the way to go would be stable/USD coins. You don't have to worry about price fluctuations like you do with ETH/BTC/etc and they're offering what appears to be 8.6% interest. I'm guessing there's some caveat in the fine print that invalidates this, but that would seem to me a no-brainer.

I mean holy shit, if you could get 8.6% apr on a regular savings account now...

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
I was watching a Lark Davis YouTube video and he talked about getting insurance on his deposits (pretty sure it was blockfi). Have any of you looked into the insurance aspect to protect your deposit? From what I saw the yearly premiums were ~1-2% of the deposit amount.

Most of my Bitcoin and Etheteum are sitting in a cold wallet and while I am not earning any interest, I don’t have to worry about losing it because of a hack/scam/or whatever.
Edit: I go back and forth on the risk vs. reward and so far the risk appears pretty high to me (not your keys, not your coins). But the insurance aspect has me thinking about depositing my Bitcoin.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I was watching a Lark Davis YouTube video and he talked about getting insurance on his deposits (pretty sure it was blockfi). Have any of you looked into the insurance aspect to protect your deposit? From what I saw the yearly premiums were ~1-2% of the deposit amount.

Most of my Bitcoin and Etheteum are sitting in a cold wallet and while I am not earning any interest, I don’t have to worry about losing it because of a hack/scam/or whatever.
Edit: I go back and forth on the risk vs. reward and so far the risk appears pretty high to me (not your keys, not your coins). But the insurance aspect has me thinking about depositing my Bitcoin.

I actually just sent all of my crypto back to Coinbase Pro bc it was split between too many exchanges/wallets that it was becoming a nuisance to keep up with.

It's infinitely easier to see "Portfolio Balance = $X" than maintaining multiple wallets/exchanges bc certain cryptos aren't supported everywhere.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

Just get voyager

918235D1-56B6-495B-A6C6-9DA0C02092B3.jpeg

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I haven't found the fine print on their site, but it looks like the way to go would be stable/USD coins. You don't have to worry about price fluctuations like you do with ETH/BTC/etc and they're offering what appears to be 8.6% interest. I'm guessing there's some caveat in the fine print that invalidates this, but that would seem to me a no-brainer.

I mean holy shit, if you could get 8.6% apr on a regular savings account now...

Yeah, maybe I should have thrown all my extra money into something like this instead of into crypto with its volatility and unreliability. Stable coins sounds like a good idea here though. I might start investing into this once I'm done reaching my crypto-buying goals.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was at work when I posted about closing my open BTC buy order and didnt have time to fully explain. Here is data since the run up and break over 20K late last year. Roughly 7-8 months of data. Each of these points are where BTC established a level of support on the run to the moon. They will act as support on any retracement. Look at the data and then look at the chart to see the levels and how long they spent there establishing them. Usually 7-14 days. And then look at the lows being made since the crest at 60k. Its establishing lower lows as it keeps bouncing off the continually dropping DMAs. I talked about this about a month ago here that BTC needed to break out otherwise over time the lowering DMAs would strangle it lower. For those who don't believe technical analysis matters in crypto, all I will say is algos are programmed to use technicals and traders who believe algos use technicals use technicals because they believe algos use technicals. Is it circular logic? Yes. It doesnt make it not true though.

11/30 - 12/1217k - 18k
12/18 - 12/2522k - 23k
12/26 - 1/823k - 36k
1/22 - 1/2228k - 29k
Feb, Mar, AprMoon
19-May29563 - low
23-May31230 - low
8-Jun31075 - low
22-Jun29247 - low
Today30206 - low

1624717222321.png

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I was at work when I posted about closing my open BTC buy order and didnt have time to fully explain. Here is data since the run up and break over 20K late last year. Roughly 7-8 months of data. Each of these points are where BTC established a level of support on the run to the moon. They will act as support on any retracement. Look at the data and then look at the chart to see the levels and how long they spent there establishing them. Usually 7-14 days. And then look at the lows being made since the crest at 60k. Its establishing lower lows as it keeps bouncing off the continually dropping DMAs. I talked about this about a month ago here that BTC needed to break out otherwise over time the lowering DMAs would strangle it lower. For those who don't believe technical analysis matters in crypto, all I will say is algos are programmed to use technicals and traders who believe algos use technicals use technicals because they believe algos use technicals. Is it circular logic? Yes. It doesnt make it not true though.

11/30 - 12/1217k - 18k
12/18 - 12/2522k - 23k
12/26 - 1/823k - 36k
1/22 - 1/2228k - 29k
Feb, Mar, AprMoon
19-May29563 - low
23-May31230 - low
8-Jun31075 - low
22-Jun29247 - low
Today30206 - low

View attachment 359914

This makes analytical sense. I would also add from the "Market Psychology" front that today, for the first time, I started seeing the most die hard Bull influencers I watch on the interwebs (Like Bitboy) start mentioning phrases like "If this doesn't turn around in July, we're done for this run". It's not capitulation.. .but it's getting closer.

I say this.. then glance over to Odysee.. and what do I see but a BitBoy crypto video where apparently he's now claiming right now is when ETH is going to flip bitcoin and decouple the BTC and Altcoin markets..... SMH

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This makes analytical sense. I would also add from the "Market Psychology" front that today, for the first time, I started seeing the most die hard Bull influencers I watch on the interwebs (Like Bitboy) start mentioning phrases like "If this doesn't turn around in July, we're done for this run". It's not capitulation.. .but it's getting closer.

I say this.. then glance over to Odysee.. and what do I see but a BitBoy crypto video where apparently he's now claiming right now is when ETH is going to flip bitcoin and decouple the BTC and Altcoin markets..... SMH
BTC is still a trade. I haven't viewed it as an investment, but I do see it as a trade. To be honest the more support it blows through on the drop, the better the trade potential. I pulled my order to buy because right now the entry point isn't clear to me. I haven't pulled my cash from Gemini, I am just waiting to the price movement to provide me some clarity. But I do agree if July comes and goes without BTC breaking out, the DMAs are going to strangle it lower.

• 1Like