Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Replacing the auction system with a sliding base fee that moves according to used blockspace effectively dampens fee volatility

You keep saying this as if it makes any more sense than the other dozen times you've said it. This is fucking stupid, there is no other way to put it. You have shown zero logical reasoning as to why removing individual gas bids would increase the price floor. None. You just keep saying that dampening the fee volatility increases it. It does not. I don't know how to make this more clear to you. You have, once again, fabricated some shit in your head and are expecting me to take it seriously.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Not necessarily. It is only a simulation or estimate. It is highly dependent on the trading and windows you set up and the ratios of things moving within them. Having said that it maybe isn't 100% accurate but it also isn't 100% crap. I mean "it depends" is a legit answer.

You also have to factor in gas fees for adding / removing liquidity as well as gas fees for removing your collected fee. So not all of those gains are realized.

Your liquidity will shift depending on the current situation. So you may go in with a 50/50 split of ETH:TRU in your LP. While you're collecting your $100 a day in some ration of ETH:TRU your LP could slowly be shifting to 100% TRU. When you remove your liquidity you're now removing 100% TRU and 0% ETH.

It is an interesting game and so far has been consistent for me. Currently my total LP value is down $500 again, but I'm still collecting fees b/c my target is in range. I will say those fees have decreased quite a bit the last few days. I'll let it sit here for a few more days and maybe get back up to even on my LP (in total $$ not even back to a 50/50 ETH:TRU split), then may consider pulling my liquidity and adding another range.

If you look at the "prices last 5 days" you can see the window it has been trading within. I really need to change my bounds to a higher range but don't want to eat away at my gains by paying gas fees to move stuff around.
This is pretty much exactly my experience as well.

I think what I'm going to try is a couple of swing trades. If you notice, TRU has been vacillating fairly predictably for the last few weeks between ~.34 and ~.26. I'm going to try to sell at the .34 and wait a few days to buy back in at a .26. 2 cycles of that will produce more ETH in the end than pooling over the same period I think. Plus it would also leave me some ETH while waiting for the buyback at .26 to throw at some other options like maybe YGG/ETH or some of the other coins that are new to UniswapV3 and get an immediate pump like NFD or PEBBLE in the last few days.

All of that is riskier though. I've been looking at it from a perspective of "I saw what I thought this was going to do and it did it, if I had put in money there I'd be way ahead." Staying in a liquidity pool is definitely the safer play and it's by no means producing bad results, I'm just thinking of ways I could do better with the same resources.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
IMO Ciphersquares is the coolest NFT out there right now. Curio Cards is probably the best investment you can make, Christie's auction for a full set on October 1st. But after that, Ciphersquares is super slept on right now, and they're pretty baller looking + give you free mints on all future projects by the team, one of which is releasing this weekend/next week.

Curio Cards remind me of motivational posters from elementary school. I hate em.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
market is all up, solana and cardano all time high
7a93776e18c22fc01413e2c6afc41566.png

any other coins you guys keep track of?

(i just plug in whatever you guys talk about in coinbase)

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking at the disparity between peoples asking prices for that and the actual offers is hillarious...

Three days ago it went from 10 ETH to 192.222 ETH. There's only a few of these, so yeah.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'm genuinely not trying to shit on ETH here, but since nobody else is sharing this. You may want to take some time off transacting on Ethereum until this gets fixed

A major consensus bug has affected more than half the Ethereum network’s nodes, causing those running older versions of Geth to split from the main network.
According to Ethereum software developer Marius van der Wijden, an unknown individual or group exploited a vulnerability affecting earlier versions of Geth

“Stay away from doing [transactions] for a while till confirmed, unless you are sure you are submitting to latest Geth,” advised Andre Cronje.

Last edited:

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Three days ago it went from 10 ETH to 192.222 ETH. There's only a few of these, so yeah.
I'm pretty convinced that this sort of thing is like winning the lottery. IE: the odds are shit, and it's mostly good for promotion to get people who are bad at math to sink their money into NFT's as a whole in an effort to steadily enrich the original creators.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'm pretty convinced that this sort of thing is like winning the lottery. IE: the odds are shit, and it's mostly good for promotion to get people who are bad at math to sink their money into NFT's as a whole in an effort to steadily enrich the original creators.
Some % of these NFTs will valuable... a ton of people are buying shit they don't understand and getting fleeced. A fool and their money...

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm pretty convinced that this sort of thing is like winning the lottery.

Curio Cards are the first art NFT project on Ethereum, it's taken over 4 years to win this specific lottery, and they're every bit as much a store of value as any other cryptocurrency at this point. These things predate Cryptopunks, they're severely undervalued atm and I'm sure everyone will figure that out at the Christie's auction.

• 1EyeRoll

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Curio Cards are the first art NFT project on Ethereum, it's taken over 4 years to win this specific lottery, and they're every bit as much a store of value as any other cryptocurrency at this point. These things predate Cryptopunks, they're severely undervalued atm and I'm sure everyone will figure that out at the Christie's auction.

They still look dumb as fuck and I wouldn’t hang them in a kindergarten classroom.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
was thinking about finding some cheap nfts to buy and hold for fun then my wife was in the other room watching CBS's Big Brother and I kept hearing nft this and nft that, thinking I was going crazy. Nope, they did an NFT themed challenge

ya I think i'll pass

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If anyone actually spends $10k+ on that retarded barbarian virtual trading card then they are exceptionally retarded.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's already traded for many times that amount. Don't worry, you'll figure it out one day.

• 1NPC