Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Bitcoin as digital land is a very different (similarly flawed) comparison. Bitcoin (the asset) is a scarce resource with value that exists on Bitcoin (the network). If you own 1 BTC nobody else can own that BTC. There can only ever be 21 million so you own that piece of finite resource in the way that owning acreage works. I don't like the analogy very much, but its not entirely inaccurate.

Owning an NFT is owning a unique on-chain entity but I fail to see how it is scarce in the way that UTXO's on Bitcoin are scarce. Admittedly I may not fully grasp how it will all work in the future but there does not seem to be a limiting factor on minting new NFTs. There is no cap so while each one may be unique, I fail to see scarcity that would be required for a comparison to land.

Little man there is just having an emotional response like a woman
I mean yea, there are dozens of pages of me arguing with James that are very similar in tone.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, it looks like you are completely alone in your position. Everyone is dumb. Except you.

Lol, are you reading the same thread?

So let's talk about NFT utility. If you own a Ciphersquare, they will let you mint a Neon Junkie for free for each Ciphersquare you own. There is literally no way to "copy" the Ciphersquare and get a free Neon Junkie no matter how hard you try. Do you understand it yet?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
NFTs are often compared to say, baseball cards and comic books. But collectable markets are often highly manipulated and rife with scams. Unopened video games are 'selling' for $1 million now, but it's a big scam with the auction house, appraiser, and sellers all colluding together. The crux of it is simply buying your own auctions to establish a false sense of value and gin up media hype for the items so suckers come along later and think they are worth far more and will continue to go up. In reality the only (not many) people buying video games to actually collect are paying $10 for them. The same thing is happening with NFTs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
NFTs are often compared to say, baseball cards and comic books. But collectable markets are often highly manipulated and rife with scams. Unopened video games are 'selling' for $1 million now, but it's a big scam with the auction house, appraiser, and sellers all colluding together. The crux of it is simply buying your own auctions to establish a false sense of value and gin up media hype for the items so suckers come along later and think they are worth far more and will continue to go up. In reality the only (not many) people buying video games to actually collect are paying $10 for them. The same thing is happening with NFTs.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Most NFTs are part of capped collections.
A collection is very different qualitatively to both land and Bitcoin. Its just a collection until it provides utility. While future utility is possible, its speculation at best and in no way a store of value.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, I'm of the opinion that every market is highly manipulated and rife with scams. Especially crypto, if anything it's worse in crypto.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lol, are you reading the same thread?

So let's talk about NFT utility. If you own a Ciphersquare, they will let you mint a Neon Junkie for free for each Ciphersquare you own. There is literally no way to "copy" the Ciphersquare and get a free Neon Junkie no matter how hard you try. Do you understand it yet?

Do neon junkies grow the fruit trees?..

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm still putting things together, but I'm also not sure how much interest there would be in it. The only people really speaking up about them are mostly idiots dismissing them.
Please do go for it. I'll help out with moving some of the previous NFT discussion to 'populate' the thread.

Personally I'd have more interest in NFT's but it's just a bit much for me to process right now. I'm looking at the various coins in the uniswap-ETH sphere, but not really paying attention to other indexes much. I'm also looking at the stock market because that's a far more stable place to put money (probably. Kinda. Depending.) I just don't have the mental time and energy to devote to ALSO learning about the NFT marketplace, which seems totally alien even compared to tokens, at least from what I can tell. This also applies to a lot of the BTC related stuff, and indexes like sushicake or whatever so it's nothing personal against NFT's.

To me, it's all just finding which wave to surf and hoping it doesn't break on your head. The particular wave you're on is only notable due to its relative size and risk, IMO.
YMMV, caveat, DYOR, etc.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
all this nft talk has me thinking you guys are trollin'

anyways imo, i tthink matic is picking up now and is in lockstop with eth atm if you wanna get back on the matic train, choo choo

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
They haven't announced what the utility for Neon Junkies will be just yet, but yes essentially digital fruit trees.

And that might be insanely valuable, once we are living in the orbit of an iron star at near absolute zero as simulated consciousness.

I like how you hinge all this on a currently unknown utility.

Like I said, I have a decent enough grasp on the concept. You are just a fanatical woman.

I look at these like you look at BTC. Someone is going to figure out the utility. Then apply and refine it.

Once I have any idea who is leading the race to figure out and apply the utility in a meaningful way... That's when I'll jump in.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
all this nft talk has me thinking you guys are trollin'

anyways imo, i tthink matic is picking up now and is in lockstop with eth atm if you wanna get back on the matic train, choo choo

Getting off and on of trains and chasing the hot girl of the week is how you lose money in crypto.

Also, James is correct, you cannot copy an NFT. That's the whole basis behind nfts.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting off and on of trains and chasing the hot girl of the week is how you lose money in crypto.

NFTs are so much safer imo, but it does require a lot more research to come out ahead. If you do it right and put a little elbow grease in, it's not hard to find 0.01-0.1 ETH buys that you can flip for 1+ ETH a few hours or days later right now. So yeah, I don't mind putting together some research and dropping it in a thread, but it's effort that cuts into jpeg flipping and if people are just gonna be like COPY PASTE LULZ then why bother.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Are you finally admitting that you cannot copy an NFT?

I never claimed you could copy the NFT, but rather the properties of the NFT (ex: image) and recreate a similar yet different NFT that would provide the same capacity.

But we all get it, your whole schtick here is some assumed intellectual superiority, and now that you have looked like a fucking momo for several pages you need to reclaim some of that.

It's hilarious really

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Also, James is correct, you cannot copy an NFT. That's the whole basis behind nfts

What is to stop someone from creating a parallel NFT with similar properties?

Because that's what everyone has been trying to get that pair of clown shoes to understand...

Did you actually read the last few pages?