Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So you want to work on Wall Street? You think Enron was ahead of it's time when they created their own, new asset class packaging and selling electricity as a tradable commodity? You are in favor of smoke and mirrors? Charlatans pulling money out of thin air with bullshit claims about packaging and selling snake oil? NFTs are not an asset, they are a digital signature to verify a digital assets authenticity. Anyone trying to say otherwise is a fool, and anyone trying to sell them as their own asset class is a scumbag.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So you want to work on Wall Street? You think Enron was ahead of it's time when they created their own, new asset class packaging and selling electricity as a tradable commodity? You are in favor of smoke and mirrors? Charlatans pulling money out of thin air with bullshit claims about packaging and selling snake oil? NFTs are not an asset, they are a digital signature to verify a digital assets authenticity. Anyone trying to say otherwise is a fool, and anyone trying to sell them as their own asset class is a scumbag.

It's like that NFT of a diamond ring where that girl is wearing the address to the NFT on her finger. LULZ.

I agree that NFT's only work if they occur at the work's creation. Jack selling the NFT of the very first Tweet could just be replicated unless Twitter starts NFT'ing every person's tweets.

I like the use case of card games being able to bake rarity into cards bc they get an NFT at the point of being minted. Otherwise, they can just lie and create 1,000,000 Ken Griffey rookie cards.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
You can't copy/paste an NFT in the same way you can't copy/paste the Bitcoin blockchain.

You can duplicate it exactly in every obvious way, but its still not the same as the original. See BCH, BSV or any other fork. You could compare this to counterfeiting the mona lisa or creating a character with the exact same gear as Furor in EQ with a mispelled name. Its a duplicate, but not identical.

Bitcoin and by extension Blockchain tech in general has created digital scarcity with properties that are very similar to the physical world. Digital assets have not been capable of scarcity and/or uniqueness in the past. That is no longer the case.

That doesn't make the current generation of NFTs worth anything, but due to the properties they possess as NFTs they are unique and not reproduceable. I don't see how current NFTs will be valuable in the future, but I do understand how they -could- be.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Yarp, ETH spiking to $3700, the best since like April. Floki up ~400% from a few days ago with no signs of slowing down. TRU hitting $.44, I picked the wrong time to get out of that in the hopes of yet another predictable swing, whoops.

James James take a look at that vEMP token. I read a bit of their white paper but a lot of it went over my head... something about fucking over decentraland? Seems interesting but also maybe overambitious, like a Pomeranian chasing a truck.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yarp, ETH spiking to $3700, the best since like April. Floki up ~400% from a few days ago with no signs of slowing down. TRU hitting $.44, I picked the wrong time to get out of that in the hopes of yet another predictable swing, whoops.

I am definitely going to make it.

That doesn't make the current generation of NFTs worth anything, but due to the properties they possess as NFTs they are unique and not reproduceable. I don't see how current NFTs will be valuable in the future, but I do understand how they -could- be.

A lot of the current batch probably won't be, but maybe? It's tough to say after 60 years of the Ethereum blockchain what value will exist in these old projects, Curio Cards and Etheria sat with unfinished mints for years before people stumbled upon them again this year.

• 1Solidarity

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're so confident that you understand what an NFT is, do you even own any cryptocurrency or even 'ah' NFT?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Crypto? Yes. NFTs? Uhhh...no.

Did I need to be in Heaven's Gate to understand it was a cult full of lunatics?

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was the first NFT project on Ethereum, in 2015: Ξtheria

It's amazing that it's literally digital land that you can build on, because it's a non-fungible store of value just like land. But yeah, please, continue acting as if you're the visionary who understands the fundamentals better than ole paint huffing James. Did you buy any $FLOKI yet?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
NFTs aren't nearly as hard to understand as you think.

They aren't magical.

Yes, it's a store of value. Like a paperclip. Lulz

Go ahead and buy it, maybe try to resell it.

tenor (1).gif

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
We just spent dozens of posts figuring out that you can't copy NFTs, you are clearly fucking mistaken here.

Pages later, your still can't even understand the question and discussion because you are emotionally invested in this like baizou are with whiteness

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
We just spent dozens of posts figuring out that you can't copy NFTs, you are clearly fucking mistaken here.

We established that you can copy NFT’s, but that they’re easily verified as copies.

We also covered some good use cases for NFT’s. Jpegs don’t seem to be a great use case.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We established that you can copy NFT’s, but that they’re easily verified as copies.

Where is that established? It's literally the exact opposite of what has been established. You cannot copy an NFT.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Where is that established? It's literally the exact opposite of what has been established. You cannot copy an NFT.

If there’s an NFT of the Mona Lisa, I can produce a copy of it and create an NFT of it on the blockchain. It just won’t share the original address, which in your words, is all people care about.