Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So, looks like all of my cryptos took an absolute shit when I wasn't looking.

MATIC at 1.13...REALLY wish I'd waited a while longer rather than buying back in at 1.32, but at least it's lower than my previous cost basis of 1.58 or whatever it was. Didn't think MATIC would get this low again. It's a buyer's market to say the least.

I kinda want to get out of Vechain eventually, losing faith in it and I'm probably better off re-allocating it in Ethereum next time we get a dip there. Have it at an 11.3 cent cost basis and it hasn't even cracked that by any appreciable amount lately. Even TrueBit is in the toilet.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh, we're allowed to just go shit up random threads with zero on topic discussion?

Well, this is the virtual currency thread. A quick google says that NFTs are assets, not currencies, so NFT discussion here would be off topic.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, this is the virtual currency thread. A quick google says that NFTs are assets, not currencies, so NFT discussion here would be off topic.

You'd be perfect for heading over to the other thread, too, where we can explain how NFTs are actually cryptocurrencies. In the second post in the thread, you can find the link to the ERC-721 standard, familiarize yourself with it and compare/contrast it to the ERC-20 standard!

At the bare minimum, at least you're not here every other post proudly exclaiming how ignorant you are about cryptocurrencies and the concept of fungibility.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We're just going to keep getting pages and pages of bullshit until this is resolved I think.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
You'd be perfect for heading over to the other thread, too, where we can explain how NFTs are actually cryptocurrencies. In the second post in the thread, you can find the link to the ERC-721 standard, familiarize yourself with it and compare/contrast it to the ERC-20 standard!

At the bare minimum, at least you're not here every other post proudly exclaiming how ignorant you are about cryptocurrencies and the concept of fungibility.

Seems to me that being non fungible makes them unusable as an actual currency. I sure as shit wouldn't want every bill and coin to be unique and of varying worth.

That said, work it out amongst yourselves, let this continue, or report it and put your fate in the hands of amod.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems to me that being non fungible makes them unusable as an actual currency. I sure as shit wouldn't want every bill and coin to be unique and of varying worth.

I can fractionalize my NFT, create an AMM pool with it, and start buying and selling it just like any other cryptocurrency. I can stake it for rewards just like any other cryptocurrency. I can rely on price oracles to determine value, or I can buy and sell them peer to peer. The problem is that cryptocurrencies aren't much of a currency either, which is why they're classified as intangible assets and not currency or financial assets by the IRS.

So the question is then, what makes one crypto token have value while another doesn't?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I can fractionalize my NFT, create an AMM pool with it, and start buying and selling it just like any other cryptocurrency. I can stake it for rewards just like any other cryptocurrency. I can rely on price oracles to determine value, or I can buy and sell them peer to peer. The problem is that cryptocurrencies aren't much of a currency either, which is why they're classified as intangible assets and not currency or financial assets by the IRS.

So the question is then, what makes one crypto token have value while another doesn't?

In this thread we can discuss all we like about how NFTs may or may not be a non-fungible store of value like land so that we stop shitting up the crypto thread.

Almost like there is a specific thread for that...

You should go there

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Almost like there is a specific thread for that...

You should go there

Weren't you one of the idiots who couldn't figure out how to use Aave, too? The most simplistic shit in the world, I taught my dog how to deposit and withdraw. And you think paperclips are non-fungible on top of it. How are you not utterly embarrassed every time you wake up and start thinking about your life, knowing that you're dumber than my dog? The hubris that you think you're the thread police here, and not the town idiot.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Weren't you one of the idiots who couldn't figure out how to use Aave, too?

giphy-downsized-large.gif
parks-and-rec-swing-and-a-miss.gif

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah, that's right, no one knows what you think about crypto other than that you think paperclips are non-fungible.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Shit, why stop at 4m?

It SHOULD have been 500 billion, now that he owns it, its priceless!