Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rais

Trakanon Raider
From trying to understand about NFTs that James has taken his time to try and get us to understand and filter out the people who keep trolling him; NFTs is equal to holding land. So an old jpeg can essentially be worth about 3/5ths of a house in LA?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
On-chain fundamentals for BTC are still strong, September is a historically weak month for the market. I don't put much into short term price predictions, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're bottoming out right now before an end of the year run. If we haven't popped ATH by end of year the current price models will be broken, so we'll see what happens. Bitcoin will run eventually, alts will follow as they always do. Some of your shitcoins will outperform in USD terms... HODL on pals

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Left my junk phone at my dads a week ago, cant log into coinbase with out it . . .

They want me to buy a webcam, send them my photo ID, then use the webcam to validate using a new authenticator.

Well beyond time to move my shit out of that garbage ass platform and into cold storage.

• 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Left my junk phone at my dads a week ago, cant log into coinbase with out it . . .

They want me to buy a webcam, send them my photo ID, then use the webcam to validate using a new authenticator.

Well beyond time to move my shit out of that garbage ass platform and into cold storage.

Two-level authentication sucks balls.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Thread/article worth reading RE: Bitcoin and why so many can't/won't get it. Probably trigger some, but honestly you won't read it anyway so its all good.

4ReMnAnT:emoji_eye:'sOnLy

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Thread/article worth reading RE: Bitcoin and why so many can't/won't get it. Probably trigger some, but honestly you won't read it anyway so its all good.

4ReMnAnT:emoji_eye:'sOnLy

Did he intentionally replace "early adopter" with "remnant" or did he not know a term already exists to define what he's talking about?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Did he intentionally replace "early adopter" with "remnant" or did he not know a term already exists to define what he's talking about?
Remnant is referring to the below

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Two-level authentication sucks balls.
The fact that so many willingly accepted this slavery to their devices and said "sure sign me up for 2FA!!" makes me sincerely wish for an extinction level event.

No, I dont have my fucking phone on me. No goddam idea where it is at the moment. Thats the normal state of things. Any organization that assumes I'm gonna keep it on me at all times is an enemy of humanity on par with Skynet and any human who defends it is a fucking quisling. Fuck 2FA and fuck everyone whos ok with it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact that so many willingly accepted this slavery to their devices and said "sure sign me up for 2FA!!" makes me sincerely wish for an extinction level event.

No, I dont have my fucking phone on me. No goddam idea where it is at the moment. Thats the normal state of things. Any organization that assumes I'm gonna keep it on me at all times is an enemy of humanity on par with Skynet and any human who defends it is a fucking quisling. Fuck 2FA and fuck everyone whos ok with it.
2FA doesn't have to include your phone whatsoever.

You can 2FA with a physical RSA authenticator.

SID700.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
2FA doesn't have to include your phone whatsoever.

You can 2FA with a physical RSA authenticator.

SID700.gif
Oh I'm fully aware that fucking skynet will permit me to be shackled to an alternative fucking device instead of my phone, what a merciful and understanding OverLord it is.

fucking quisling

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This device isn't communicating with anything. There's no transmit or receive function whatsoever. (RF or hardwire)

• 1Picard

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Here's a nice iron collar you have to wear around your neck at all times. If we find you not wearing it, you won't be able to access your own information or money.

But why would you object? It doesnt transmit any data to our servers, so theres obviously no reason to object

• 1Moron

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I did that and despite having my legal documentation approved on their site they sent me a Coinbase VISA (I don't intend to use it but whatever) and they misspelled my name. I contacted their support but there doesn't seem to be a recourse for this.

Lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is it time for Aldarion to once again stubbornly conflate poor implementation of <insert technology here> with any and all implementations? Perhaps we could rehash python and nano too.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
This is so bullish for Bitcoin. Look at all of these people experiencing finalized settlement from BTC -> USD. Some will be trading out of BTC, some will be buying it, some will be receiving nearly 0 fee remittence payments. This is the real world use case of Bitcoin in action and its way more positive than the person posting the picture realizes. If only 10% of the El Salvador population saves in Bitcoin and sees big gains over time, this is a massive success both for El Salvador and the Bitcoin network.

Wait until P2P transactions really start taking off as people come to terms with using BTC us a medium of exchange. Its going to take a while to get there, but in the environment they've created it is inevitable IMO

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you don't use VIM for everything you're a pleb. We've been over this bro.