Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
hah I was like "holy shit what happened!" In about 30 minutes my LP lost over $2k. Woke up, checked things out on phone, had breakfast and was going through open tabs on desktop. Initially thought the tab just hadn't refreshed since I really don't check this anymore but once a week or so. Nope, was latest version! Oh well, back to not checking for another week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Have fun with this catalyst.

Bitcoin Crypto GIF by CoinCorner

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
any fucking time, brother

sorry, were you unable to read this post because I used a tab instead of a space? shame
The problems with tab have nothing to do with Python, which shows how little you understand about the issue in which you rage against.

• 1Moron

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So the ETH low today was $2747 at 4:10 am pst. Wondering if I should move my buy point up or just keep waiting. I'm also trying to see if I can find a 3090 at msrp and getting back in that way lol.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm expecting it to go lower as my limit order on BTC is still sitting at $35k.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I should lower my limit order to $2300 :p

There's a lot of resistance at $32k ish, so in an effort to not try and nail the bottom, I'm set at $35k. For it to go below that would def mean you'd have a shot in the quadruple digits.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So the ETH low today was $2747 at 4:10 am pst. Wondering if I should move my buy point up or just keep waiting. I'm also trying to see if I can find a 3090 at msrp and getting back in that way lol.
news seems all over the place.

2601 200d ma
2726 100d ma
we've been bouncing off.
3296 50d ma

Evergrande, china, etc..
versus NFTs, reduced supply in markets, Eth being burned, etc..

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I need to watch this whole interview, but the few clips I've seen are pretty brutal. Altcoins are in trouble if Gensler is successful in bringing regulation into the space

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
it's early but is this different than anything they say every month or so?

It looks like the Reuters Fake News from April is actually true this time. Problem with pushing fake news is that when something real finally happens, it has less of an impact because people think it already happened. Looks like alts dipped today, but barely. It's a drop in the bucket compared to how much they were already down.

Buy buy buy

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
'DeFi in name only' is true for many/most 'DeFi' projects but not all.

Sovryn for example has a web site you can activate your wallet on and transact with like most places, but you don't need to use the website to interact with the contracts. If you have technical ability you can interact with the blockchain directly, or other apps can integrate the functionality into their services. Uniswap is similar. Furthermore with proper on-chain DeFi, you can literally cache a copy of the website and use old copies of the website to trade with, which is what will happen if the freedom hating feds shut down DeFi web frontends.

The frontends are the weak links. Sia/Skynet created a feature called Homescreen to decentralize DeFi frontends, which also provides some protection from DeFi projects that turn malicious. I believe it just caches copies of the websites so you can go back and use older copies, (I haven't looked at it closely) so if the feds shut down the official site or the operators put in new malicious code you can simply use older versions of the site which is hosted on the dencentralized web via Sia/Skynet.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

At this point I'm really wishing I'd sold those alts I was debating selling so that I'd have more money to buy the Ethereum dip with, however low it gets.

Not gonna sell the alts now at a 10-15% loss though, obviously.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I need to watch this whole interview, but the few clips I've seen are pretty brutal. Altcoins are in trouble if Gensler is successful in bringing regulation into the space

Uh that spoilered video makes me want to GTFO of ETH.

• 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Is he saying what I think he’s saying? That the ETH pre-distribution of coins without disclosing who got them and how many is illegal?

Does going back and doing that when you register as a security remedy that lack of transparency or is the law retroactive??

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Is he saying what I think he’s saying? That the ETH pre-distribution of coins without disclosing who got them and how many is illegal?

Does going back and doing that when you register as a security remedy that lack of transparency or is the law retroactive??
Gensler has been pretty clear that ETH should be considered a security. However, he's also stated that due to its age and position he doesn't think he'd go after it. I'll see if I can dig up the sauce tonight/tomorrow. As I recall its from one of his lectures when teaching about Blockchain. I would still recommend some amount of caution though because Ethereum 100% qualifies as a security and just because he said he wouldn't pursue it, doesn't mean he wont.

The question comes down to how much you trust Ethereum's decentralization honestly. If you think its as secure as its claimed to be then regulators won't be able to do much. Bottom line is Bitcoin is a port in the storm, everything else is varying levels of risk.

• 1Worf

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You've made nearly that same exact post dozens of other times, and each time we've gone over exactly how retarded it is. It's not getting any less retarded, there was no 70% premine, it's not a security, and by any metric in which you consider Bitcoin a commodity Ethereum matches perfectly. You're posting the same exact stupid fucking videos, even, nothing new. What's the fucking point?

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You've made nearly that same exact post dozens of other times, and each time we've gone over exactly how retarded it is. It's not getting any less retarded, there was no 70% premine, it's not a security, and by any metric in which you consider Bitcoin a commodity Ethereum matches perfectly. You're posting the same exact stupid fucking videos, even, nothing new. What's the fucking point?

Pot meet kettle. Goddamn, if you have something constructive to say then say it. Otherwise stfu and post in your pixel art thread.

I feel like I (and others) give you a lot of room, but when the FED is taking a hard look at crypto for the FIRST time and you’re crying about people “posting the same old shit” it gets old fast.

If you don’t have anything to say about securities or the FED or anything related why shit up the thread?

• 1Solidarity

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Bans provide a need for DeFi and decentralized tokens in the first place, so may end up increasing the value of the networks. Is this irony?

China's bans are on exchanges, and holding tokens is still allowable. People will just find other ways to trade and indeed DeFi services are seeing an uptick. Uniswap's token is up 22%