Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

elonm00sk

Molten Core Raider
Being in a country that doesn't ban crypto could be construed as a tactical and economic advantage. Imagine if a country banned the world wide web in 1996. They'll come around, but at what cost?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you don’t have anything to say about securities or the FED or anything related why shit up the thread?

I'm sorry, am I supposed to just let stupid bullshit like calling Ethereum a security just go? It's so fucking stupid, and we've been over it a thousand times. How about until someone can post a ticker symbol for a security that is accepted for the settlement of retail payments, or a security that is rewarded for direct participation in securing the network, everyone here can just shut the fuck up about it until they do more research on the subject. The FED will not declare Ethereum a security, it's bullshit Bitcoin maximalist copium for their shitty network that doesn't even have jpegs on it, and it's not even the first time they've looked at it or that we've discussed it.

It is fucking old, just like dragging you fucking MENSA dropouts through the basics of understanding how to click on a DEPOSIT and WITHDRAW button like it's fucking rocket science. You know, I'm sure everyone here that is actually interested in crypto would love it if you fucking retards just went about your day instead of proudly declaring how fucking ignorant you are about basic concepts like fungibility.

We can play this shit all day, but the quicker that you realize your stupid fucking positions are stupid, the better this thread will be for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
We can play this shit all day, but the quicker that you realize your stupid fucking positions are stupid, the better this thread will be for it.
Your opinion means exactly as much as mine does in this conversation, absolutely nothing. The head of the SEC says it may be a security so its worth talking about. All your whinging about it changes nothing. For the record, I don't think the FED will declare ETH a security either, although they certainly could. I do think a lot of altcoins are in danger of it however.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I like how James is always the smartest guy the in the room.

Even the rooms he isnt in.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The head of the SEC says it may be a security so its worth talking about.

No he fucking didn't, you're misinterpreting what he said to confirm your specific biases about what you think cryptocurrencies are, but the fact of the matter is that Ethereum is a commodity, and it has always been a commodity because literally in the history of mankind never has a security ever spontaneously become a commodity. I will continue calling you stupid every fucking time you post such stupid bullshit. You want to talk about how $UNI might be called a security? Fine. You want to talk about how $AAVE might be called a security? Fine. Ethereum is a commodity.

I like how James is always the smartest guy the in the room.

Not hard when you can't even figure out that you can't copy an NFT.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Hodjing

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm sorry, am I supposed to just let stupid bullshit like calling Ethereum a security just go? It's so fucking stupid, and we've been over it a thousand times. How about until someone can post a ticker symbol for a security that is accepted for the settlement of retail payments, or a security that is rewarded for direct participation in securing the network, everyone here can just shut the fuck up about it until they do more research on the subject. The FED will not declare Ethereum a security, it's bullshit Bitcoin maximalist copium for their shitty network that doesn't even have jpegs on it, and it's not even the first time they've looked at it or that we've discussed it.

It is fucking old, just like dragging you fucking MENSA dropouts through the basics of understanding how to click on a DEPOSIT and WITHDRAW button like it's fucking rocket science. You know, I'm sure everyone here that is actually interested in crypto would love it if you fucking retards just went about your day instead of proudly declaring how fucking ignorant you are about basic concepts like fungibility.

Who cares what you think when the FED chairman is saying they're taking a look? You a securities lawyer now?

10,000,000 posts by James screaming about ETH not being a security < one word from the FED Chairman saying ETH is a security.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only way you think the FED is looking at Ethereum as potentially being a security is if you're fucking stupid.

• 1EyeRoll

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
The only way you think the FED is looking at Ethereum as potentially being a security is if you're fucking stupid.
Or... you could listen to the words spoken by the current head of the government agency that decides what the FED considers a security.

As I said I don't think they'll go after ETH at this point but acting like "you're fucking stupid" if you think they may is just delusional. Plenty of evidence that suggests they can and would likely have grounds to do so.

Here is another video of Gary Gensler literally saying that ETH fails the Howey test and could be considered a security (but he probably wouldn't go after it). Nothing "Bitcoin Maxi" about this. Go yell at Gensler if you disagree. Just reporting the facts sir

"The Ethereum Foundation is still quite central(ized)"

EDIT: James is correct that while ETH is probably alright, a lot of stuff built on Ethereum is MUCH more likely to be targeted. While we've gotten sidetracked arguing about Ethereum, the real signal here is beware of your alts in general. Make sure you're comfortable with the risk profile of your holdings as they've likely shifted. Gensler has been clear he's targeting "DINO"'s or projects that are decentralized in name only. A real decentralized project will survive FED scrutiny, fakers likely won't.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
If you're depending on the Fed to follow little things like laws, or the definition of words, or reality when it comes to actions they take, you haven't been paying attention the last 5 years.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or... you could listen to the words spoken by the current head of the government agency that decides what the FED considers a security.

As I said I don't think they'll go after ETH at this point but acting like "you're fucking stupid" if you think they may is just delusional. Plenty of evidence that suggests they can and would likely have grounds to do so.

Here is another video of Gary Gensler literally saying that ETH fails the Howey test and could be considered a security (but he probably wouldn't go after it). Nothing "Bitcoin Maxi" about this. Go yell at Gensler if you disagree. Just reporting the facts sir

"The Ethereum Foundation is still quite central(ized)"

EDIT: James is correct that while ETH is probably alright, a lot of stuff built on Ethereum is MUCH more likely to be targeted. While we've gotten sidetracked arguing about Ethereum, the real signal here is beware of your alts in general. Make sure you're comfortable with the risk profile of your holdings as they've likely shifted. Gensler has been clear he's targeting "DINO"'s or projects that are decentralized in name only. A real decentralized project will survive FED scrutiny, fakers likely won't.

You've posted the video before, or at least I've seen it already because it's from 20-fucking-18. There is no evidence to suggest the FED will classify Ethereum as a security, absolutely none, and the personal, outdated misgivings of a professor don't change that one bit. Yes, you are fucking stupid if you think Ethereum will be classified as a security, which you so eloquently stated in your edit. The rest of the edit, by the way, is exactly what you should have been talking about from the start - I don't know what happens to $UNI or $AAVE, or what happens with CEXs like Binance.us or Coinbase. That could have been interesting, but no, you fucking Bitcoin maximalists have a hardon for sidelining the biggest crypto project in history as potentially a security like a bunch of fucking retards, and so yeah, that's going to get called out.

• 1Salty
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You've posted the video before, or at least I've seen it already because it's from 20-fucking-18. There is no evidence to suggest the FED will classify Ethereum as a security, absolutely none, and the personal, outdated misgivings of a professor don't change that one bit. Yes, you are fucking stupid if you think Ethereum will be classified as a security, which you so eloquently stated in your edit. The rest of the edit, by the way, is exactly what you should have been talking about from the start - I don't know what happens to $UNI or $AAVE, or what happens with CEXs like Binance.us or Coinbase. That could have been interesting, but no, you fucking Bitcoin maximalists have a hardon for sidelining the biggest crypto project in history as potentially a security like a bunch of fucking retards, and so yeah, that's going to get called out.

You're working hard to make it on my ignore list. Quite an annoying faggot you are.

Star Wars Meme GIF

• 2Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Don’t worry bro, James left a previous iteration of this board crying back in the day. He’ll leave this one in a similar fashion as well.

Dude is softer than baby shit, and dumber than a box of rocks.

• 1Worf

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're working hard to make it on my ignore list. Quite an annoying faggot you are.

Star Wars Meme GIF

I hope I do, that way we can all see what brilliant crypto analysis you bring to the thread, like how you can just copy an NFT, or how Aave is too fucking complicated to use, because you won't be distracted by not understanding all the new projects that I bring to the thread. You three fucking idiots that ride my jock strap every fucking time I post a new project to the thread can fuck off and ignore me for all I give a shit, no one fucking cares what you think, and I'm going to keep calling you an idiot every fucking time you open your mouth with some stupid bullshit like Ethereum being a security.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I like how James thinks him not understanding the entire conversation about NFTs means we don't get it.

Good stuff

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like how you think you're anything but ignorant on NFTs despite doing zero research on them other than what I've spoonfed you through this thread. Your arguments are fucking stupid, and all you do is post fucking Anchorman memes when I point out your obviously flawed bullshit like paperclips being non-fungible. Yeah, I'm the one who doesn't understand the arguments being presented here, meanwhile you think you can just fucking copy an NFT or some other stupid bullshit. Here they are again, for the thousandth time, incontrovertible, uncontroversial statements:

1. You cannot copy an NFT.
2. NFTs are a non-fungible store of value like land.

But you'd rather do anything other than admit those two simple statements because that means you looked like a fucking idiot for dozens of pages.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
James clearly cares more about this than everyone else, plenty of fucks in every post.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like