Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bitcoin through the roof, Ethereum doing well, alts (MATIC, Vechain)..... just sitting there, down from the year average even. Da fuq.
Alts will start pumping after BTC price stabilises

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
NGL, for a while I've been considering moving all my alt money to BTC/Eth. It's the more reliable play. In theory alts have more room to jump, but even that's debatable when Eth is nowhere near its ceiling.

There has yet to be a good time to do that, though. And I do like MATIC/VET/TrueBit, I just don't have faith in them to take off. Good chance I'll move all my money out of MATIC and VET by the end of the year, hoping for a Thanksgiving spike. Then that money can go into BTC and ETH (or just one of the two) during the next slump.

TrueBit I might just leave alone, in case James James prediction of it being the #3 crypto in a few years comes true.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
My take on SHIB: it's been on quite the rocket ride, wish I would have been in it like 2 weeks ago, but I could say that about a ton of different coins. Now though? I just don't know. It's got something going greatly in its favor: the number value per coin. People think: well, it's only a tiny fraction of a penny, it's only got room to grow! If it gets to .01, I'll buy my own island! etc etc.

The thing is, it's already at ~$14B market cap. If it triples, that puts it at the same market cap as Doge, and that's with it being worth $.00009. Do we really think it could get that much market cap? I mean, maybe, but no way is it going to $.01. That would put into ETH's market cap level.

I think it's far more likely it retraces a bit here after this enormous pump, but then again who knows. The power of memes seems to have no upper limit...

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Alts will start pumping after BTC price stabilises

In reality what happened today was there was a good surge across the whole crypto space, but then everything other than BTC and ETH seemed to give most or all of it back.
1633568916006.png

versus...
1633568967792.png

Because ETH is starting to trend more like BTC it's making me believe more and more that ETH has made a crucial "maturation" in terms of how the market handles it v. all the other "AltCoins"

• 1Solidarity

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
My take on SHIB: it's been on quite the rocket ride, wish I would have been in it like 2 weeks ago, but I could say that about a ton of different coins. Now though? I just don't know. It's got something going greatly in its favor: the number value per coin. People think: well, it's only a tiny fraction of a penny, it's only got room to grow! If it gets to .01, I'll buy my own island! etc etc.

The thing is, it's already at ~$14B market cap. If it triples, that puts it at the same market cap as Doge, and that's with it being worth $.00009. Do we really think it could get that much market cap? I mean, maybe, but no way is it going to $.01. That would put into ETH's market cap level.

I think it's far more likely it retraces a bit here after this enormous pump, but then again who knows. The power of memes seems to have no upper limit...
I think this shit is pretty detached from reality when it comes to the logic of market cap. I’m almost 3 x on $1000 after three days. Looks like some whales are also starting to pile on. I’m sure you can make a few thousand pretty quickly though if you don’t get greedy.

F6B9F5E5-209B-4087-B273-C5A9F1435931.jpeg

Last edited:

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.

Gonna hold for a few years and see what happens. I remember being in college whe BTC was new and arguing who is gonna buy a virtual coin worth 100th of a penny ? Oh if only I put in a couple hundred then. Not saying this will be anywhere in the same universe as BTC but getting in on the ground floor is nice.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Gonna hold for a few years and see what happens. I remember being in college whe BTC was new and arguing who is gonna buy a virtual coin worth 100th of a penny ? Oh if only I put in a couple hundred then. Not saying this will be anywhere in the same universe as BTC but getting in on the ground floor is nice.

Ha. I was about to tag you and ask when your exit was.

I think Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule has a point that the market cap just won't allow SHIB to go to the moon like BTC or ETH. I put $530 in and I'm up to $2415. Kinda want to take my profits and run.

On another note, how tf did you jump the spike?

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

That's what I'm hoping for with TrueBit, which I got at an extremely low point (31 cents) in its extremely early tenure. Ground floor, hoping it takes off. Any appreciable jump at all is major profits in that regard.

I think Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule has a point that the market cap just won't allow SHIB to go to the moon like BTC or ETH. I put $530 in and I'm up to $2415. Kinda want to take my profits and run.

I'd take the profits and run. Might go up more and you'll regret it, but it's better than getting greedy and waking up with most of the profit gone (like happened to my MATIC back in April). Take 'em and run, wait for next dip, go in again with almost 5x as much.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.

Not sure what jump the spike means. Maybe 10000 in profits may be my exit point I dunno. I'm not in a hurry to get out of it right now.

I think it could go to .01 in a few years. Apparently there's a whole dev team for Shib that is devoted to doing shit with it including some stupid pictures that if you buy will burn so many coins or something.

Once Robinhood gets in it may jump again.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what jump the spike means. Maybe 10000 may be my exit point I dunno. I'm not in a hurry to get out of it right now.

I think it could go to .01 in a few years. Apparently there's a whole dev team for Shib that is devoted to doing shit with it including some stupid pictures that if you buy will burn so many coins or something.

You posted saying you bought a few million coins on the 2nd? Right before it assploded.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
You posted saying you bought a few million coins on the 2nd? Right before it assploded.
Oh yea I got just 18 million in the low before it exploded. Right now its .000031 it may eat another zero by end of month at this rate. It was just at .000006 this last weekend when I got in.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Im looking at this as Dogecoin 2.0. Both don't have a real use yet and yet they still are worth something. People said the same thing about doge about the market cap etc and there are plenty of people who bought in and held and dipped out when it hit 70 cdnts. I don't expect to get rich, but when it comes to memes it makes bank at times.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what jump the spike means. Maybe 10000 in profits may be my exit point I dunno. I'm not in a hurry to get out of it right now.

If shib hits .01, it'd be worth approximately 4 trillion. That's double the entirety of the current market cap of all cryptos combined. Think of how rich you'll be. Should probably put in even more.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users