Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Do you guys not have your money in banks?
No? I have a small amount of money in a credit union for my debit card; much more in Coinbase and the vast majority in Electrum+Exodus+Metamask wallets. Holding cash is for suckers. Rich people don't hold cash. Why do you think they're buying up anything and everything with the free money that was just printed for them? cash is garbage.

What could possibly be more corrupt than a system where a handful of early adopters own almost all the money?
You have it backwards. Bitcoin is a treatment to the disease you describe. Inequality is at record levels right now and is being fueled by money printing which mostly goes to the rich assholes who bought our government.

If you find random articles on the interwebs saying that bitcoin is extremely (95%) concentrated, they're bullshit. They're just looking at addresses without considering that an exchange's wallet address holds the wealth of potentially millions of users. (also buying Microstategy stock, lost coins etc) Reporting really is that dumb. glassnode.com is a blockchain analysis site that tries to estimate actual individual holders, and they point out that bitcoin dispersion is increasing over time. So unlike fiat, bitcoin is becoming less concentrated. This makes sense as early adopters cash out. If you're a basement nerd who got 1000 coins in 2011, you're gonna sell some to buy your nice house+lambo right about now. These guys aren't thinking about starting a financial dynasty. Bitcoin is now a wealth transfer from the old aristocrat inheritors and wall street thieves to basement nerds. 14% of Americans own crypto as of May this year says Gemini. Institutions are buying in after millions of shrimp have.

Bitcoin is the opportunity of the century if not millennium. All you have to do is buy some and wait. It's that fucking easy. No tenants to worry about, no earnings reports to read. You benefit from the lag time it's taking people to realize how disruptively innovative bitcoin is and the failure of our financial system to serve the public.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I've been half tempted to liquidate some ETH for BTC, but haven't done it yet.

I expect long term to accumulate BTC, while selling the ETH at specific price points.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
BTC is a good hedge against inflation but there's way more upside in ETH.

• 1NPC

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think Mist is the only one to have thrown out an actual number? unless you mean, embarrassed WHICH coins you have?

no, every time I read a james or flowbee clown post I feel like I should sell all my bitcoin/eth because they're both a combination of retarded and crazy and it's hard for me to determine how much of the market is filled with mongoloids like them.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
no, every time I read a james or flowbee clown post I feel like I should sell all my bitcoin/eth because they're both a combination of retarded and crazy and it's hard for me to determine how much of the market is filled with mongoloids like them.
Mongoloids create demand just as much, if not more, than smert people.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I think I've also talked some about how much of my crypto portfolio is in what..... Current layout.

1634258437459.png

There are a lot of tiny slivers hiding in there where I have a tiny moonbag of this, that, or the other. But mostly ETH, BTC, and MATIC right now, with some ADA. Hedging some bets, anticipating BTC will surge some, then a big ETH push, then alts will grow. Question is how fast/timing.

In general that works into this :
1634258548344.png

In this chart "Savings" is a combo of stablecoins, cash on hand, and a small amount in a traditional savings account. (Cash and savings acct are "just in case" money, and some of my grandfather post-depression attitudes about money showing). Stocks account only for things I invest in myself, and this doesn't include stock I have in my company, and 401k funds. This represents my personally directed non-real estate investments.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Since it was brought up earlier:

• The minimum net worth of the top 1% is roughly $11.1 million.
  • A person would need to earn an average of $758,434 per year in order to join the top 1%.
  • The number of billionaires globally is around 2,800, and their numbers have been growing dramatically.
  • Wages for the top 1% of households from 1979 to 2019 rose over 160%—compared to 26% for those in the bottom 90%.
  • The widening gaps in wealth and income stem from a variety of factors, including the wealthiest's increasing dominance of public and private equity, and tax breaks.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sold my ETHE shares, made 10k, not holding them going into the weekend.

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
CFTC settles with Tether, makes them pay a stupid fine for 'misleading claims' to save face. So much for Tether FUD.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think Mist is the only one to have thrown out an actual number? unless you mean, embarrassed WHICH coins you have?

I'm up to almost $12000 on an initial investment of roughly $4500. Yeah I'm not throwing around a hundred thousand like the big boys here but that's what I'm working on.

MATIC is way up for me so I'm trying to figure out whether to take the profits ($800) or hope for more before the next dip. I should have been checking this all weekend once I knew how high BTC was, because MATIC was even higher earlier and could have made me another $800.

Going into a new week I'm not expecting much, plus this large wave lately is about two months earlier than I expected it to be. What I'm saying is I think we'll be back in dip-ville soon. Unless Bitcoin is going to drag everyone else up. I wish I'd gotten back into BTC this summer, feels like it's too late now and I need to wait.

Sold VeChain, broke even (about $1600 altogether in VET profit) with it over time but only about $100 of that has been in the last few months. Watch it soar now

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully now so I can buy back in :)

Same here. I've got zero Ethereum or Bitcoin so watching them run is giving me some feelings of bein' left out.

Sold MATIC at 1.50. It hit 1.60 both before and after I did so I missed both of those spikes, which would have been roughly $600-800 more in profit if I'd gotten a bullseye. It appears to be bouncing down off of 1.60, interestingly enough. Looks like a huge amount of people have 1.60 set as their sell point, or bought in around there and needed it to recoup their loss.

I'll keep swinging MATIC, but I'm moving my Vechain money to BTC next time it has a substantial lull. Not sure how to handle Eth at this point.