Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
imo sol is looking at a slump for a week
bfbdaa2ef69b572608d0777db1e9a070.png

but i don't think it'll be a bad buy

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The swedish version of SEC has started whinig about crypto now, but the hill they chose to die on is "crypto is not eco friendly". Im sure laws against dealing in and farming of crypto will soon show up at a EU meeting soon with this as a reason for regulation.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The swedish version of SEC has started whinig about crypto now, but the hill they chose to die on is "crypto is not eco friendly". Im sure laws against dealing in and farming of crypto will soon show up at a EU meeting soon with this as a reason for regulation.

That argument only works with BTC and other POW coins.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
What do they require to confirm? I know some places ask for a bunch of stuff I wouldn't want to give...

The typical custodial stuff you need to connect a bank account; ie. a driver's license.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
That argument only works with BTC and other POW coins.
Its a junk argument. Bitcoin largely captures otherwise wasted energy (hydro, gas flaring, etc) and due to this actually increases grid efficiency. Facts won't stop FUD though.

Proof of work, converting energy and storing it as digital scarcity, is one of the greatest inventions of our lifetime.

See Bitcoin Energy Consumption section

More debunking of energy FUD:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It probably is, but I don’t care if someone has my drivers license.
yea i've been giving these exchanges my old ks dl anyway, cuz i'm too lazy to get my tn license...

just had fed ex do a delivery and for some reason he had to see my license and he couldn't understand why i have a ks license, and i'm like

i just moved here...

the name is the same right?

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
yea i've been giving these exchanges my old ks dl anyway, cuz i'm too lazy to get my tn license...

just had fed ex do a delivery and for some reason he had to see my license and he couldn't understand why i have a ks license, and i'm like

i just moved here...

the name is the same right?

I mean at least he checked. Points to that guy.

Had a buddy get a 20 yr bottle of Pappy stolen bc they didn’t verify the drivers license.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I might be too cautious about giving up my DL. /Shrug. The fact that it's totally unnecessary weirds me out a bit. And obviously identity theft is a pretty significant problem.

Did you at least get your Floki off the exchange Tmac Tmac ?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its a junk argument. Bitcoin largely captures otherwise wasted energy (hydro, gas flaring, etc) and due to this actually increases grid efficiency. Facts won't stop FUD though.

Proof of work, converting energy and storing it as digital scarcity, is one of the greatest inventions of our lifetime.

See Bitcoin Energy Consumption section

More debunking of energy FUD:

Yeah, we went back and forth a little about this in the Spring. I'm sure some of the energy used to mine BTC is "green" but I'm also sure a lot of it isn't. Common sense tells you that many people (most people) are going to use whatever energy source is the combination of cheapest/easiest in order to increase their profit margin as much as possible. That's just how business works. "Dirty" energy like coal is still easiest/cheapest in a lot of the world, especially in the developing nations that seem most interested in trying to convert to a BTC monetary paradigm.

And, honestly, I just feel like a proof system that uses little to no energy is going to be inherently superior to one that requires a lot of energy, even if the energy being used is "wasted" or "green" energy.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I might be too cautious about giving up my DL. /Shrug. The fact that it's totally unnecessary weirds me out a bit. And obviously identity theft is a pretty significant problem.

Did you at least get your Floki off the exchange Tmac Tmac ?

They haven't approved me yet.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
So i'm watching Eth go up and up and up but if i'm not mistaken the trading volume is way down than from around July. It's like everyone is holding their breathe for either a big jump or big dive and i cant figure out which. FUD got me hard cause i keep looking for an entry point and then backing off. Trying to talk myself into just buying in as "sooner is better" seems a solid HODL strategy, then i conclude that if i have to talk myself into it some part of me is saying "wait a bit longer...."

Other than buy when Rajaah sells, what's yalls take?

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So i'm watching Eth go up and up and up but if i'm not mistaken the trading volume is way down than from around July. It's like everyone is holding their breathe for either a big jump or big dive and i cant figure out which. FUD got me hard cause i keep looking for an entry point and then backing off. Trying to talk myself into just buying in as "sooner is better" seems a solid HODL strategy, then i conclude that if i have to talk myself into it some part of me is saying "wait a bit longer...."

Other than buy when Rajaah sells, what's yalls take?
I was hoping Robinhood would list Shiba and I could just throw the money I have lingering there in it.

But that's looking unlikely, so I'm thinking ETH. Like you though, I don't think buying at close to $5k seems prudent.

• 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was hoping Robinhood would list Shiba and I could just throw the money I have lingering there in it.

But that's looking unlikely, so I'm thinking ETH. Like you though, I don't think buying at close to $5k seems prudent.
if you have fiat just sitting in a rh account, thats how they make money!!!