Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1688773102464.png

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe I'm just dense, what is the play being made here? US Gov is trading BTC for Tether? Only place I'm getting with this information is gee, thats weird. What am I missing?
The play is this shit is all a grift. I wish it wasn't, but it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Also of note, Mashinsky of Celsius, first of the scammers from last cycle is going to jail. SBF and Do Kwon still pending

Mashinsky, 57, was charged with seven criminal counts - including securities fraud, commodities fraud and wire fraud - while Celsius' former chief revenue officer, Roni Cohen-Pavon, was charged with four criminal counts, according to the indictment, which was unsealed on Thursday.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
This game is offering crypto currency to kill zombies.
Looks like it is built on Etherium.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Can anyone suggest an alternative to Coinbase? Just for buying BTC and sending for payments. Not interested in trading.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can anyone suggest an alternative to Coinbase? Just for buying BTC and sending for payments. Not interested in trading.
I would have said Gemini, but they got caught up in some other crypto company's shenanigans and I haven't followed it to see if they had any blame in it or not.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Binance.US also is struggling to find a banking partner(meaning you can trade but cant get USD in or out without some creative routing).

No matter what you think of crypto or how much you believe it is a way around shitty government monetary practices, this is all a perfect example of how the government can completely shut it down without actually attacking crypto itself.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kraken? They were even in talks to buy a bank in the US, a few years ago, to make transferring money easier. Not sure what became of it.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
If you -just- want BTC I would suggest going with a Bitcoin only company. Thats going to keep you out of any issues that altcoin legislation could create.

Strike or Cashapp are both good options. If you're looking for a more technical platform (supports multi-sig, DCA to cold storage etc) consider something like Swan or River.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
If you -just- want BTC I would suggest going with a Bitcoin only company. Thats going to keep you out of any issues that altcoin legislation could create.

Strike or Cashapp are both good options. If you're looking for a more technical platform (supports multi-sig, DCA to cold storage etc) consider something like Swan or River.
I simply need to buy enough BTC to send a payment for a subscription.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Binance.US also is struggling to find a banking partner(meaning you can trade but cant get USD in or out without some creative routing).

No matter what you think of crypto or how much you believe it is a way around shitty government monetary practices, this is all a perfect example of how the government can completely shut it down without actually attacking crypto itself.
Yeah, this is still the biggest hurdle I run into. Effective and easy fiat on/off ramps. Until that's in play it will be a severe limiter to things involving crypto becoming anything serious in terms of a cash alternative.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I find this interesting, not because I think he'll win or even that he'd be able to do it if he did win, but because its a clear sign of the shifting narrative around Bitcoin and the USD + other national currencies.
View attachment 483124

Bitcoin has become a voting bloc
Yes, it's a clear sign that crypto is associated with people who think there's jewish 5g chips in the vaccines. This is not the endorsement you want.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I think it's more that some people are starting to realize that at some point the "your money is based on nothing besides you saying your money is valuable" rooster will come home to roost. Now his idea of backing USD with BTC has so many issues as to be preposterous, even to those of us who believe that cryptocurrency should be the way to go. Also, as much as I believe in Crypto, I also believe that so long as the governments need to use financial leverage and manipulation to maintain power and have become addicted to fiat currency systems they will NEVER allow an actual backed currency of any flavor to become the dominant currency. As that would then mean they would have to spend "within their means" and couldn't print money at will.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think it's more that some people are starting to realize that at some point the "your money is based on nothing besides you saying your money is valuable" rooster will come home to roost.
It's always a bit of a surprise of how many people still think the Dollar is backed by gold or silver due to growing up knowing "Fort Knox is full of gold."

• 1Like