Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Having a pretty good end to the year for us crypto degens. Will be interesting to see what the week of Jan 8 brings. You sell all your Grayscale holdings yet, Mist Mist ?
I haven't sold, but I'm about to sell at least half to generate around a $2800 loss.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Just a reminder that owning BTC ETF is not owning BTC. You're paying a fee to have USD exposure to the Bitcoin price. Buy actual Bitcoin, it takes a little more effort but I suspect that the ETF gets 6102'd within 10 years. My 2c, enjoy your tendies.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I assumed the plan was to buy some as soon as possible and sell off quickly when the ride goes wild. I'm sure that idea is straight from a number of institutional investors.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
lol
1704938285994.png

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
“…. Until the financial sector tells us it’s ready to make a shit ton of money on this stuff” or something like that.

Seems like the "crypto is a security" thing is still very up in the air. SEC keeps losing in court. Not saying it couldn't happen though. If it does, it will fuck most alt coins.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was wondering why my ETH up 10% and everything else green too. Still down almost 50%, just debating sell or ride it all for laughs. Relatively minor petty change basically 1k invested. But hey getting 500 or so back would be some nice sudden gun and ammo money.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was wondering why my ETH up 10% and everything else green too. Still down almost 50%, just debating sell or ride it all for laughs. Relatively minor petty change basically 1k invested. But hey getting 500 or so back would be some nice sudden gun and ammo money.

Wouldn't sell now if I was in your position, but do what you want. ETH has been lagging all year and has just started to catch up. Should continue to go up, especially as we near an ETH etf.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have btc, eth, and stellar (lol). maybe 25k worth in total. At this point I am just leaving it and letting it sit. I’ll keep monitoring the FOH and crypto world at large to wait for a bigger signal. im Perfectly ok being a ‘follower” in this space and not a leader. Yes I may miss out on bigger wins, but due to our little forum I am still ahead of the masses when I do follow if things get serious.

Last edited:

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wouldn't sell now if I was in your position, but do what you want. ETH has been lagging all year and has just started to catch up. Should continue to go up, especially as we near an ETH etf.
I have a smattering, some shit coins when rahjork was in this thread and btc/eth as main two.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Will hold on strong till about Sept.

I’m betting bull run will peak thereabouts 👍
If Trump wins, money printers will brrr, SEC regulators will all get fired, and crypto will go on a huge tear.

It'll be terrible for the dollar but if that's not what's behind your assets it could be great for you.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Great Grift Cycle begins anew.

If you have any doubt that blockchain and tokenization are going to be a big part of our financial system (and our life in general), just watch this interview with Blackrock CEO Larry Fink:

The only question is which current products are going to blow up and which ones are going to get crushed (and which new products will be worth investing in).

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If Trump wins, money printers will brrr, SEC regulators will all get fired, and crypto will go on a huge tear.

It'll be terrible for the dollar but if that's not what's behind your assets it could be great for you.

We are going to get money printing and rate cuts either way- a Trump victory probably just turns a crypto bull run into a mega crypto bull run.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you have any doubt that blockchain and tokenization are going to be a big part of our financial system (and our life in general), just watch this interview with Blackrock CEO Larry Fink:

The only question is which current products are going to blow up and which ones are going to get crushed (and which new products will be worth investing in).
By the time tech ever got to the point that "blockchain and tokenization" are "a big part of our financial system" the Financial God AI will have progressed to the point where it just allocates all the resources with one giant fake and gay algorithm anyway. Any money in that system would just effectively be play money, totally made up, just the same as fiat.

Yes, this is a shitpost, but it's pretty close to the truth because we're headed into a shitworld.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user