Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
That's not even close to what I said. However I more or less agree with the rest of your post. The idea has value, I just don't believe any current iteration has value and I'm very pessimistic about anything in the near future.

An NFT is just proof of ownership on chain. There is a very real issue of how this is connected to the real world, or even anything outside of the block chain itself. As you mentioned the legal framework will need to be developed for it. As of now it has no real world tether and nobody seems to understand why that matters.
I’ve seen some pretty interesting use cases for logistics tracking and healthcare.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I’ve seen some pretty interesting use cases for logistics tracking and healthcare.
Theoretically so have I. I haven't seen anything in production though, in fact I'm not aware of a single corporate block chain project that's been successful. Perhaps I'm just ignorant on that though

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Any application that needs an immutable ledger of activity can benefit from the technology. But the fact is a ledger is only as valuable as peoples trust in it, and we haven't reached a point where people trust the concept of blockchains and cryptocurrencies yet. I know a person who wrote their doctoral thesis on leveraging blockchains to provide for essentially bulletproof election processes while maintaining voter anonymity for instance.
Theoretically so have I. I haven't seen anything in production though, in fact I'm not aware of a single corporate block chain project that's been successful. Perhaps I'm just ignorant on that though
Part of the reason for this I think is that the places that have the largest needs for blockchains in terms of logistics only need to trust their own stuff. In which case traditional databases and methods work fine. It's only when multiple entities have to have a common shared and trusted ledger that you start leaning into how blockchains can really show benefit. The concept of deeds/titles/etc is one of those areas, but as you mentioned, we just don't have the legal framework yet and there will be a serious turf war over control/definition of what is a "legally binding blockchain".

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hahaha you guys realize you're never going to convince Flobee NFTs have value, right? Acknowledging that would mean acknowledging that ETH and some other "shitcoins" may have value. And to BTC maxis that's literal heresy.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Hahaha you guys realize you're never going to convince Flobee NFTs have value, right? Acknowledging that would mean acknowledging that ETH and some other "shitcoins" may have value. And to BTC maxis that's literal heresy.
Yeah that’s the vibe I’m getting. Not sure that guy understands the technical aspects of ETH and NFTs.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yeah that’s the vibe I’m getting. Not sure that guy understands the technical aspects of ETH and NFTs.
Ah, and now we've entered into the part where you decide that I'm clearly too stupid to understand how good your pet coin is. You're progressing well in your slide into 💩coining as expected. I look forward to your inevitable discovery of the coin that's going to change everything and make the whole forum rich... if they just buy it. I'll be here to tell you its stupid then, and I'll be here to remind you it was stupid when it dumps in the next bear market.

My goal in this thread is simply to keep ignorant people from getting scammed. You were asking very basic questions about wallets a month ago, but now you're clearly far more advanced than myself on these subjects. Good luck man

• 1Seriously?

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Ah, and now we've entered into the part where you decide that I'm clearly too stupid to understand how good your pet coin is. You're progressing well in your slide into 💩coining as expected. I look forward to your inevitable discovery of the coin that's going to change everything and make the whole forum rich... if they just buy it. I'll be here to tell you its stupid then, and I'll be here to remind you it was stupid when it dumps in the next bear market.

My goal in this thread is simply to keep ignorant people from getting scammed. You were asking very basic questions about wallets a month ago, but now you're clearly far more advanced than myself on these subjects. Good luck man
Brother, calm down. You sure are making a lot of predictions solely based on my one opinion. Is everyone who disagrees with you on some aspect of crypto by default put into this little bucket of yours?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Brother, calm down. You sure are making a lot of predictions solely based on my one opinion. Is everyone who disagrees with you on some aspect of crypto by default put into this little bucket of yours?
/shrug just reacting to how you post. I've been active in this thread for 4-5 years now, just going off past posters in here. Happy to be proven wrong but in my experience people love getting scammed, can't help themselves

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
/shrug just reacting to how you post. I've been active in this thread for 4-5 years now, just going off past posters in here. Happy to be proven wrong but in my experience people love getting scammed, can't help themselves
Happy to prove you wrong brother. ✊

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

My guy, even if your predictions are 100000% correct and BTC becomes the de facto reserve currency of the world there is going to be at least 1 other "shitcoin" that is going to be the place where dissident money congregates. Who knows what that coin will be by the time your prophecy is finally fulfilled; but there will absolutely be something that manages to capture 5-30% of the market simply by dint of it being *not* the reserve.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
My guy, even if your predictions are 100000% correct and BTC becomes the de facto reserve currency of the world there is going to be at least 1 other "shitcoin" that is going to be the place where dissident money congregates. Who knows what that coin will be by the time your prophecy is finally fulfilled; but there will absolutely be something that manages to capture 5-30% of the market simply by dint of it being *not* the reserve.
Sure, maybe. I bet its not gunna be your favorite 💩coin though. Regardless I'm not really sure what your point is, I've never said that the value of these garbage coins won't go up, nor have I said that there will never be one that has value. My entire point is the current crop and presumably anything in the immediate future is crated solely to take your Bitcoin from you. They have no value outside of degenerate speculation is their main differentiation from Bitcoin. There are varying levels of scamminess to them. Something light Lightcoin or Monero was probably a genuine attempt to make something useful, if unsuccessful, while Ethereum was designed as a scam to soak up Bitcoinfrom the ground up.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Glad to see my Trezor will hold up to the rigor of anal cavity storage

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Up about 8.5% total so holding around 1050$ of BTC. Thinking of throwing $2k in before the halving..

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

This is going to be interesting. One of the biggest things holding Defi back has been the fear of regulation. Specifically, that the SEC would bring the hammer down on Defi and completely detail it. This is basically the hammer being brought down. If the SEC loses this lawsuit Defi (and Uniswap specifically) will explode. If the SEC wins, it will be a major step back for the Defi industry (but probably not a death blow).

Who knows what will ultimately happen, but the SEC does not have a good record in court against crypto so far...

Last edited:
  • 1Like