Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Basically what a_skeleton_03 said, I built my rig from old pc parts and have maybe spent 120 bucks on vid cards and ram so if it hits the ground I'm ok with being out that much.

I'm interested in doing day trading once I get enough ltc in my wallets, seems like you can make a pretty good profit if you understand how it works by trading back and forth as one tanks and another starts to rise. Do we have anyone on here doing this and if so can you provide any tips?

EDIT: 1,000th post only took close to a year!

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is there a way to purchase BTC other than linking a bank account? Little bit wary of doing so, although I guess you have to in order to cash out. Hmmmm

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a way to purchase BTC other than linking a bank account? Little bit wary of doing so, although I guess you have to in order to cash out. Hmmmm
The couple sites I looked at wouldnt even take US Bank transfers! (BTC-e and another one)

Kinda sucks I was looking at buying bitcoins yesterday at $750 a pop and they are already at $883 today. Seems its pretty damn difficult to get money into these exchanges. I cant fathom what it would be like trying to withdraw from them.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
The couple sites I looked at wouldnt even take US Bank transfers! (BTC-e and another one)

Kinda sucks I was looking at buying bitcoins yesterday at $750 a pop and they are already at $883 today. Seems its pretty damn difficult to get money into these exchanges. I cant fathom what it would be like trying to withdraw from them.
Have had good experiences with coinbase so far. I expect another bank wire to hit on Wednesday.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I've never had a problem moving money out of campbx. I use an ACH to my bank account. It costs $2.00 though. Used to use dwolla but they stopped transferring from bitcoin exchanges

Hekotat

Check out coinbase and don't worry man I got fucked way worse, I tried to buy in at 214/btc and they said I was to high of a risk to sell me 1 btc.

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
I ended up opening an online checking account for the peace of mind of not having my main banking information out there with the various exchange sites. It is definitely an extra step and somewhat of a hassle (transfer from main acct to online acct to exchange is not efficient or fast) but I just wasn't comfortable using my main account.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

And $956 today! *sigh*

I will check out coinbase.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the most popular comment on that site nails it:

Can I mine JPMcoins?

Can I post 5 articles a day for a year straight? To hype its value, er, I mean inform people

Hekotat

LTC difficulty has gone up so high in the last week I went from making one coin every 24hrs to one coin about every 96hrs. Time for me to bow out of the race for now.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I want to take this moment to say fuck you to Butterfly Labs for losing $15k supposedly.....

These people are probably the most incompetent company on the planet.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
The banks say the wire transfer went through.

"BFL_Emily: We don't see the transfer yet, please be patient we will change the status of your order when we have received payment."
I'm surprised they would take a wire transfer, last I read on them they were only accepting bitcoin for payment for preorders. But then I haven't really been following what they have been doing for the past 3 months or so

Hekotat

I have a friend that will defend BFL to the fucking end even though it took them over a year to send him his Jalapeno, not to mention all the other issues surrounding that company. I told him about your issue and he says you're lying, I almost had a brain aneurysm.

The Jalapeno did so little by the time he got it that he turned around and sold it. That being said I hope everything works out for you a_skeleton_03.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm surprised they would take a wire transfer, last I read on them they were only accepting bitcoin for payment for preorders. But then I haven't really been following what they have been doing for the past 3 months or so
Wasn't a preorder, it was a "SHIPPING IMMEDIATELY" order.

I did it because I knew I could get them here and flip them in Europe for a profit just because 10% on the top would be cheaper than them paying international shipping, customs, and VAT on top of all that.

These Euros lap that shit up so I knew I had a safety net..... every day that goes by though ..... fuck!