Black Adam (2021)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hawkman is fucking old. he was on TV before any flying shrimping boat captain was inserted into a Marvel movie.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Hawkman is fucking old. he was on TV before any flying shrimping boat captain was inserted into a Marvel movie.
WOW super fucking weird then they'd cast an effeminate black man to play him right? totally not a goddamn

DISCOUNT
GREATVALUE
FALCON

Instead of blatantly ripping off MCU they should of spent a modicum of effort in coming up with new heroes.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
WOW super fucking weird then they'd cast an effeminate black man to play him right? totally not a goddamn

DISCOUNT
GREATVALUE
FALCON
Apparently you havent really watched the Marvel's version of Falcon. If you had you would recognize it is worthless and thus it cannot be discounted.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
sorry. both actors are ultra effeminate IRL. IDK if they are gay or what but they are definitely that stereotypical effeminate black guy.

They are talented actors tho, so they are capable of playing tough guys if needed.

Basically DC is so risk adverse instead of just using what i'm sure is a fucking host of original characters they went with duplicates of Marvel heroes who have already screen tested well. Then on top of that they had them behave identically to them.

• 1Picard
  • 1Cringe

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
sorry. both actors are ultra effeminate IRL. IDK if they are gay or what but they are definitely that stereotypical effeminate black guy.

They are talented actors tho, so they are capable of playing tough guys if needed.

Basically DC is so risk adverse instead of just using what i'm sure is a fucking host of original characters they went with duplicates of Marvel heroes who have already screen tested well. Then on top of that they had them behave identically to them.
they may or may not be gay IRL. the new trend is celebs "coming out" when they never showed the least sign of gayness in their lives. as i said, these people are disgusting role models. in the movie he was fine. he didnt suck any cocks on screen or bite any pillows. also what i liked about him over Shrimping Boat flying black man is Hawkman used actual melee weapons. he isnt a flying drone. he goes in and mixes it up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Ok we get it already, jesus its like a broken record. I am going to be honest, it just sounds like all you know is marvel and basing your entire opinion around that ignorance. Who knows who is copy of who, they have copied each other for years. And you probably have to go back to the first few decades of the 1900s to figure out who was actually created first.

When i saw that hawk guy, the first thing I thought of was that gods of egypt movie. Didn't even think about a comparison to the MCU ones. Also that guy seemed effeminate to you? Wtf. If the black guy isn't acting all gangster he is automatically effeminate? Maybe its some subconscious thing to you, but i did not see that at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ok we get it already, jesus its like a broken record. I am going to be honest, it just sounds like all you know is marvel and basing your entire opinion around that ignorance. Who knows who is copy of who, they have copied each other for years. And you probably have to go back to the first few decades of the 1900s to figure out who was actually created first.

When i saw that hawk guy, the first thing I thought of was that gods of egypt movie. Didn't even think about a comparison to the MCU ones. Also that guy seemed effeminate to you? Wtf. If the black guy isn't acting all gangster he is automatically effeminate? Maybe its some subconscious thing to you, but i did not see that at all.
It really does feel like he's basing everything since the MCU came to be. But forgot the decades of DC cartoons that werent live action

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

ive been racking my brain as to why Sylas labelled him as being effeminate. if anything he was more like a Wesley Snipes knockoff if you wanted to ding him for anything. i dont mind that. Wesley Snipes was a cool motherfucker.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Look at all these faggots "ackshually...." man I can just quote myself forever.

rofl

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Look at all these faggots "ackshually...." man I can just quote myself forever.

rofl
if you expected to get backlash for your uninformed and erroneous statements, it begs the question of why make them? all the supers in this did fine cept for atom smasher which is just a dork and the CGI Sabbac which wasnt very well done, not bad, but could have been better.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
they may or may not be gay IRL. the new trend is celebs "coming out" when they never showed the least sign of gayness in their lives. as i said, these people are disgusting role models. in the movie he was fine. he didnt suck any cocks on screen or bite any pillows. also what i liked about him over Shrimping Boat flying black man is Hawkman used actual melee weapons. he isnt a flying drone. he goes in and mixes it up.
He used to have a big assed spiked mace that magically didn't draw blood.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Isnt Hawkman Egyptian in the comics? Or am I thinking of someone else?
there are two origins for hawkman... well, sort of three. Carter Hall is a modern day archeologist who is the reincarnated spirit of an egyptian pharoah (who, because in the 40's when his character was created the people who made him didn't know anything about egyptian dieties, dressed him up in like a hawk to emulate Anubis the hawk-god. yes. you are correct in the thinking that anubis is a jackal, not a hawk). there is also Katar Hol who is a cop from thanagar, a planet of hawk people.

personally, i like the justice league cartoon where they merged the two. katar hol came to earth during eqypts height in power and was revered as a god and became a pharoah and has remained on earth reincarnating whenever he dies.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Movie so good ya'all be talking about Hawkman. Either this movie kind of sucks or y'all be be a bunch of salty sea dogs after me own heart, ye harrrr.

• 1Like