Black Adam (2021)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Was OK. Anything to do with the kid and the crowd was just awful.

CGI was a little too obvious/much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it was a cheesefest, but i love me some cheese. its what i grew up on. very happy overall. the end credits scene was expected but still fucking cool. those flame skellies reminded me a lot of the skellies in RTCW.
500px-RTCW-P08-5.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
before i forget, what i liked about the film.
the cast was really decent. Pierce Brosnan is always good, the black dude with no chill was also pretty cool. the Rock was damned good and i dont typically like his films.
cons
stupid normies, too much mcguffin chasing, too much kid stuff, kinda felt like T2 at times. the CGI effects were acceptable, they might have overdone the slow frame stuff. by a lot. i have one major nitpick, there were many, but anyone know why
if the baddie was mining Eternium, couldnt he have mined enough to create his own "Crown of Sabbacc"? why did he need that particular crown?
as i said, overall i was very happy. i dont think it was any cheesier than Shazaam or Aquaman, it was nowhere near as bad as WW84. much more entertaining than The Batman. it was easily better than Thor L&T or Dr Strange 2. i hope it does well because it was good fun.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was just meh for me. It's a mid tier DCU movie imo. The kid was the worst part of it for sure followed by the sometimes janky CGI. Even from what I expect from the Rock's acting, it felt kinda phoned in here for a passion project. I was kinda bored most of the way through and I think I would have rather of had a Doctor Fate movie. I mean the best part of the movie was the Cavil reveal. I watched the bootleg, and the only real crowd reaction was for the end credits scene.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the cast was really decent. Pierce Brosnan is always good, the black dude with no chill was also pretty cool. the Rock was damned good and i dont typically like his films.
cons
stupid normies, too much mcguffin chasing, too much kid stuff, kinda felt like T2 at times. the CGI effects were acceptable, they might have overdone the slow frame stuff. by a lot. i have one major nitpick, there were many, but anyone know why
if the baddie was mining Eternium, couldnt he have mined enough to create his own "Crown of Sabbacc"? why did he need that particular crown?
as i said, overall i was very happy. i dont think it was any cheesier than Shazaam or Aquaman, it was nowhere near as bad as WW84. much more entertaining than The Batman. it was easily better than Thor L&T or Dr Strange 2. i hope it does well because it was good fun.
yeah he could have made his own replica, and they just skipped right passed this, but i think the king did some stuff specifically to the crown in order to get the demons involved. they don't mention them by name, but Sabbac stands for Satan, Aym, Belial, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, and Crateis. so creating a new crown wouldn't really do anything since there already was one floating around. that being said, i don't really know the lore of the crown of sabbac. i just think it's like, yes, you could remake excalibur, but it won't really be excalibur. it'll be it's own sword, even if you get the same enchants on it.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
cons
i just did the faintest of research, and it looks like the crown of sabbac is a creation of the movie. it doesn't necessarily change my previous assessment, that some ritual was done to the crown to make it unique, and just making a new crown wouldn't do anything. they aren't really clear at all what eternium is or why it's special, and try to pass it off as dc's vibranium. i never read much of black adam's comics so i'm only passingly familiar with his stories, so no idea if eternium is big in the comics or if, again, that's just something for the movie.

but either way i think my point still stands that i think the eternium wasn't specifically what made the crown infuse people with Sabbac, rather the eternium metal was the only metal strong enough to hold the enchantments. but who knows, i'm most definitely making this up on the spot as an answer that makes some sort of sense. it's not something that the movie thinks is important enough to explain, but i don't really think it's a plot hole.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i just did the faintest of research, and it looks like the crown of sabbac is a creation of the movie. it doesn't necessarily change my previous assessment, that some ritual was done to the crown to make it unique, and just making a new crown wouldn't do anything. they aren't really clear at all what eternium is or why it's special, and try to pass it off as dc's vibranium. i never read much of black adam's comics so i'm only passingly familiar with his stories, so no idea if eternium is big in the comics or if, again, that's just something for the movie.

but either way i think my point still stands that i think the eternium wasn't specifically what made the crown infuse people with Sabbac, rather the eternium metal was the only metal strong enough to hold the enchantments. but who knows, i'm most definitely making this up on the spot as an answer that makes some sort of sense. it's not something that the movie thinks is important enough to explain, but i don't really think it's a plot hole.
If I remember right, the only thing they mentioned was that the crown was like "condensed" Eternium.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
T2 is amazing but it's hard not to find Furlong's performance a little hard to stomach at times.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ok, thought it was a separate point from the too much annoying kid thing.

In that case, carry on
he is annoying, a mcguffin shouldnt be squeaking as much as those two kids did.
John Connor: tell them Hasta La Vista, baby.
Amon: tell them the man in black sent you.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
ok this is where DC fanbois come in and "ackshually...." me to death

but fuck man, wtf? I mean I kinda get it. The rock wants to bootstrap up a DCEU despite the fucktards at WB consistently fucking it away. Maybe these were the only characters they gave him access to....but...

So we get waller back (and of course the post credit superman) with a suicide squad type except, they aren't a suicide squad they are the justice society? the JV version of Justice League?

But they are all a carbon copy of marvel characters, powers, personalities, mannerisms, special effects, even their fucking jokes and dialect? Discount Dr Strange, Kirklands signature Antman, GreatValue Falcon, and I guess a young Storm. Grats you brought out one character that Disney Marvel doesn't have yet....except Halle Fucking Berry already played her 20 fucking years ago in Fox's fucking X-Men so yeah, it still a fucking rip off.

I don't give a fuck who was first or who copied who in the damn comic books. Marvel beat you to the fucking Cinematic Universe by over a decade. Make the characters fucking different if you want anyone who isn't a diehard DC fan to not immediately be distracted by how fucking discount your team of superheros are. Your Antman is a clumsy goofball paul rudd look-a-like who borrows his suit from an older, wiser scientist? oh fucking really? Ohh fake Dr Strange's mirror dimension spells are transparent gold not transparent silver, really changing it up there aren't we? how about he duplicate himself and use whips of magic to hold down the bad guy in a shot for shot scene for scene rip off of the thanos fight on Titan? Look i've liked aldis hodge since the leverage tv show, and I can tell that the screen writers liked him in that too because they said "find me a skinny effeminate black man to play a straight man with metal wings, just like anthony mackie. Make the wings gold instead of silver i dont wanna get sued"

Get the fuck out of here. The movie was fine, even the stupid kid, except for the faggot ass copy cat team of joeblow "hurr durr we're the good guys stop killing people."

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ok this is where DC fanbois come in and "ackshually...." me to death

but fuck man, wtf? I mean I kinda get it. The rock wants to bootstrap up a DCEU despite the fucktards at WB consistently fucking it away. Maybe these were the only characters they gave him access to....but...

So we get waller back (and of course the post credit superman) with a suicide squad type except, they aren't a suicide squad they are the justice society? the JV version of Justice League?

But they are all a carbon copy of marvel characters, powers, personalities, mannerisms, special effects, even their fucking jokes and dialect? Discount Dr Strange, Kirklands signature Antman, GreatValue Falcon, and I guess a young Storm. Grats you brought out one character that Disney Marvel doesn't have yet....except Halle Fucking Berry already played her 20 fucking years ago in Fox's fucking X-Men so yeah, it still a fucking rip off.

I don't give a fuck who was first or who copied who in the damn comic books. Marvel beat you to the fucking Cinematic Universe by over a decade. Make the characters fucking different if you want anyone who isn't a diehard DC fan to not immediately be distracted by how fucking discount your team of superheros are. Your Antman is a clumsy goofball paul rudd look-a-like who borrows his suit from an older, wiser scientist? oh fucking really? Ohh fake Dr Strange's mirror dimension spells are transparent gold not transparent silver, really changing it up there aren't we? how about he duplicate himself and use whips of magic to hold down the bad guy in a shot for shot scene for scene rip off of the thanos fight on Titan? Look i've liked aldis hodge since the leverage tv show, and I can tell that the screen writers liked him in that too because they said "find me a skinny effeminate black man to play a straight man with metal wings, just like anthony mackie. Make the wings gold instead of silver i dont wanna get sued"

Get the fuck out of here. The movie was fine, even the stupid kid, except for the faggot ass copy cat team of joeblow "hurr durr we're the good guys stop killing people."
i thought Cyclone did fine, she will never beat Halle Berry's Storm, but i thought her look was cool. i also thought the actor playing Hawkman was way the fuck better than Anthony Mackie's welfare shrimping boat captain schtick. Dr Fate was good because Pierce Brosnan. the real shitpile was Atom Smasher. Deadpool and Antman's retarded baby.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Didn't he publicly endorce Biden for 2020? I'm surprised he doesn't have the woke backing

Rock endorsed Biden at a point in time when Biden was generally regarded as a "center-left" candidate and wasn't bowing to the woke people yet.

It was a fairly safe endorsement, and I understand why Rock did it, he saw Trump as being a bit too chaotic and divisive for the country.

Endorsing a center-left candidate who seems more stable than the other guy is far from "going woke". It isn't like Rock came out and endorsed AOC and championed woke policies. He's largely stayed out of all that stuff. Which is to his own peril with those people, because as we know, SIlence Is Violence

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
the actors did fine, great really. It's the screenwriter or director or whoever the fuck thought it would be funny or meta to carbon copy a bunch of marvel characters into this movie that fucked up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rock endorsed Biden at a point in time when Biden was generally regarded as a "center-left" candidate and wasn't bowing to the woke people yet.

It was a fairly safe endorsement, and I understand why Rock did it, he saw Trump as being a bit too chaotic and divisive for the country.

Endorsing a center-left candidate who seems more stable than the other guy is far from "going woke". It isn't like Rock came out and endorsed AOC and championed woke policies. He's largely stayed out of all that stuff. Which is to his own peril with those people, because as we know, SIlence Is Violence
also gotta realize celebs are on the verge of being cancelled at any moment. if he had gone full MAGA, this movie wouldnt have ever happened and his career would be over. its why celebs are disgusting role models.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the actors did fine, great really. It's the screenwriter or director or whoever the fuck thought it would be funny or meta to carbon copy a bunch of marvel characters into this movie that fucked up.
yeah, that was fucking stupid, but Marvel and DC have been ripping each other off for 80 years. its nothing new.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Umm, the JSA has been around a long time. Like 1940. JSA were cool.

"Discount Marvel Characters".

Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• 2Like
  • 1Picard