Black Adam (2021)

Goatface

excuse the autistic babble, needed to take my mind off shit :)

black adam was $4.3m behind eternals after weekend #1, after weekend #2 $7.2m. still think it will do better in weekend #3 and will probably gain $500k to $1m on eternals. sorta interesting, in weekend 2, black adam only did $2.2m more than shazam's 2nd weekend, after opening $13.5m higher. it could end up only doing $10m-20m more than shazam.
they are predicting black panther2 will crush opening weekend numbers for nov.

1667336047665.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
didn't think of eternals comparison but, it might do better that eternals did in week 3 as don't think anything is opening and week 3 had eternals vs ghostbusters. black adam's climb will probably end in week 4 vs black panther. dc appears great a scheduling, week 4 of shazam was against end game. think the less predictable thing is how well it is going to do Internationally.

View attachment 440556

The performance of BVS and Aqua shows that people were excited about the DCU early on and ready to give it a chance. Then JL's numbers are an absolute fail to build off any momentum. Kinda shocking to look at this and see that the ensemble movie went off a cliff.

If DC movies do half or a third of what Marvel movies do, it's entirely because of how badly DC handled this, not because of any lack of interest from the fans. Superman and Batman are probably the biggest comic superstars besides maybe Spider-Man.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The performance of BVS and Aqua shows that people were excited about the DCU early on and ready to give it a chance. Then JL's numbers are an absolute fail to build off any momentum. Kinda shocking to look at this and see that the ensemble movie went off a cliff.

If DC movies do half or a third of what Marvel movies do, it's entirely because of how badly DC handled this, not because of any lack of interest from the fans. Superman and Batman are probably the biggest comic superstars besides maybe Spider-Man.
It also used to be that, outside of the X-Men, DC had better notoriety and presence of characters to non-comic reading people. The MCU changed all that and Marvel is just bigger now in all areas. DC couldn't keep up, and when they tried, they rushed and half assed it. Even with Marvel giving them the perfect template for success.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It also used to be that, outside of the X-Men, DC had better notoriety and presence of characters to non-comic reading people. The MCU changed all that and Marvel is just bigger now in all areas. DC couldn't keep up, and when they tried, they rushed and half assed it. Even with Marvel giving them the perfect template for success.

If you mean more well known, then Batman and Superman still have everyone in marvel beat with Spiderman probably being the closest marvel has to either of them.

• 1Like

Goatface

I thought remember reading that spiderman made more money worldwide (Toys/toothbrushes/other junk) but can't find anything

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If you mean more well known, then Batman and Superman still have everyone in marvel beat with Spiderman probably being the closest marvel has to either of them.
Pretty sure Spider-Man tops both of those now. This generation that grew up with the MCU for sure no more Marvel stuff than anything DC. My nephews, for example, are just unenthused by Batman and Superman. I have even bought them the Superman and Batman animated series. They also don't enjoy the DC stuff, probably cuz it's too dark for them.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pretty sure Spider-Man tops both of those now. This generation that grew up with the MCU for sure no more Marvel stuff than anything DC. My nephews, for example, are just unenthused by Batman and Superman. I have even bought them the Superman and Batman animated series. They also don't enjoy the DC stuff, probably cuz it's too dark for them.
i think Bats and Supes have the edge due to how long theyve been around. they were huge 20 years before Spidey first appeared.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
thats only since the MCU. before that, Bats and Supes were the tops. do you remember Batman with Keith Ledger as Joker?
Yeah, good ol' Keith Ledger. Call the nurse to drain your bedpan, gramps.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

When I was young, I picked seeing 1st reeves superman over rick flair vs ricky steamboat

• 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
The only superhero show I watched as a kid was the X-Men animated series. Otherwise it was all movies.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

The World’s Most Popular Superheroes​

1. Spider-Man (5,100,000 average monthly Google searches)
  2. Batman (3,400,000 average monthly Google searches)
  3. Superman (2,000,000 average monthly Google searches)
  4. Captain America (1,900,000 average monthly Google searches)
  5. Hulk (1,800,000 average monthly Google searches)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users