Black Desert

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm probably not even going to try world bosses as a tamer. Why oh why did I roll a melee class :p

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Man, lots of drama, but I can't get over the fact that you can't trade in this game! Is that really true? Like, they just totally gave up on people botting and selling items and shit and disallowed player to player trades!?

But yet at the same time a guy on our forum, of all places(!), spends a fucking GRAND on the game through ITS OWN cash shop in the first MONTH?

Amazing. Just amazing. I love this game and I'll never play it. Keep this thread healthy. This is me playing!!!

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Man, lots of drama, but I can't get over the fact that you can't trade in this game! Is that really true? Like, they just totally gave up on people botting and selling items and shit and disallowed player to player trades!?

But yet at the same time a guy on our forum, of all places(!), spends a fucking GRAND on the game through ITS OWN cash shop in the first MONTH?

Amazing. Just amazing. I love this game and I'll never play it. Keep this thread healthy. This is me playing!!!
Rofl.

Not only did he spend a grand in the first month, but then he complained about the low odds to hit the gamble he wanted. Ironic coming from a professional gambler...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I feel like that's the only way to stop gold sellers, bots, p2w etc. If they got rid of their cash shop it'd be even better.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Anyone know where Rocaba armor comes from? I see it paired with Grunil (shares same appearance) but I can't find any reference to it other than on BDOdatabase.com.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I feel like that's the only way to stop gold sellers, bots, p2w etc. If they got rid of their cash shop it'd be even better.
Shit just get rid of all the other players while we're at it.

No trading really feels like a regression to me.

I've made my peace with RMT; I don't really care what other people Visa towards if the game mechanics are such that skill > RMT. High-end WoW raiding is absolutely a skill check not a gear check. Similarly, in Eve you can pretty much buy anything you want with cash. It just won't get you anywhere meaningful and the odds of looking like a buffoon go up drastically the more you Visa. Eve is probably the best example of RMT being absolutely dwarfed by social aspects and player skill. You could drop 100g on that game and get no where if you suck at the game or can't make any friends.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
If they could find a way to do it and still turn a profit, they would.

These shit games aren't designed for longevity; they're just cash grabs on a 2-3 year cycle.
You expecting some company to dump $750million into an mmo that is designed to last for 25 years with no subscription cause "longevity!"? Companies are in business to turn profits, not to spend all their and their stockholders money to make you happy while they sink into bankruptcy.

No game is or was designed for longevity, period, ever in the history of gaming unless you have to pay monthly to play it.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
If you believe that satisfying customers long-term and turning a profit are mutually exclusive endeavors, it's comforting to know that you'll never be in a position to exercise that philosophy.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Unfortunately mmos by design aren't meant for longevity. Look at EQ, look at wow now. With time comes more shit and more shit until you have this mountain of shit that nobody wants to Wade through.

Thats why mmo players have turned into add gamers, they barely even last a month before they are onto their next fix.

The easiest way to cycle in more shit for you to blow money on is the korean dubs for a fraction of the cost.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm getting my money's worth as an ultra casual :p Highest level is 36, sitting on 119 energy and 127 contribution. Only just questing in the Calpheon area now.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So I just pulled a 24 hour BDO marathon (like an idiot) and I think I was able to find the fun in the game again. I was getting pretty bored with my valk, they are super strong no doubt, but the PVE rotation is super boring (Spear, shield throw, shield throw, repeat) and had absolutely no bearing on the skills that are good in pvp (hence why I was such dogshit).

So over the session I leveled a zerker to 21 first. They are pretty fun and the animations are just awesome, but the class felt a little flat for me. The mobility didnt feel much better than valks at that level (I understand it gets better) so on a whim I decided to roll a warrior. Holy fucking shit is warrior fun as hell. Granted I was rolling with a +11 wep and +7-8 Agerian but the core gameplay on warrior is great.

I'm level 36 now and I'm starting to get high enough that my gear, while still op, isnt completely carrying anymore and I'm starting to see the potential lack of dps that people on the forums were bitching about. However zipping around between packs of mobs and smashing them down without ever stopping my movement is a far cry from the slow plodding valk grind. I get the Warriors best grinding skill next level so I'm looking forward to being able to grind that much better.

Warrior is by far the most fun I've had in BDO grinding, I just hope that the shortcomings that seem to be bothering others wont hamper what is a super fucking cool playstyle.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Playable Dark Elves? About time! I've always been a Dark Elf so looking forward to this... (it's the little things)

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Here is a 7 day trial key if anyone is still looking to try out the game
E55D-86DE-5079-41B1-987B

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This is the first MMO since EQ where I've just been enjoying the ride instead of rushing to max level. While it feels strange, I'm definitely enjoying it.