Black Desert

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I knew I wasn't good, but the battleground prove that I am legit fucking terrible at pvp in this game. At least There is a place for me to practice now I guess, but holy shit is it overwhelming
According to posters here... Gear > Levels > Skill. So you need better gear and more levels, and you'll magically own everyone even if they're iframing the shit out of you, and you aren't able to land a single ability, they'll magically just die.

And don't forget that Black Desert PvP is about gear >>>> level >>>> food /elixirs buffs >>>> skill..
So like just eat better food...and get more levels, even though levels don't do anything at all except give you higher HP and access to a few more abilities. Skill is the least important of all the potential factors, according to the wikipedia of knowledge on the game, named Bondurant. (I loved the movie about the bootlegging Bondurant brothers, I remember when Tom Hardy was a no-name playing Jean-Luc's clone in the worst Trek movie ever made, Nemesis. Now he's the King of Hollywood.)

My own opinion? The game requires a ton of skill. Gear matters, and yeah is it very important because undergeared players cannot outdamage your potion cooldown, and you can two shot them... But assuming everyone PvPing has at least a moderate level of gear, then yes skill is perhaps the largest component in being successful.

A bad player will never land a single attack on a good Sorceress, etc. Now if that good Sorceress is undergeared, he just won't be able to kill the bad player as long as the bad player can press 3 (or whatever hotkey for potion) every 5 seconds. But that would require a dramatic gear difference.

People do say some stupid shit when attempting to troll me though. Nobody else attracts them like I do. I know trolls are attracted to bridges and shit, but I don't know what about me in particular draws them like a magnet.

Woolygimp

A month post launch and I'm still having connection issues because of the massive server load. A good thing, because the game is fun and healthy, or bad, because I have to relog a half a dozen times an hour during prime-time? Holy fuck, lag. I am getting disconnected every 2 minutes and it's taking longer than that just to accept a quest.

And why did half of Europe decide to roll on Edan? This isn't pre-2003, we Americans aren't likedthatmuch.

I get to play in the middle of the night expecting to have farm spots to myself, but NO! there's a fuckton of people on at 4AM from Europe.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm easy to get along with because I'm especially open minded.
Btw, I made this post in the Wizard forums.

Are there any 53s+ who have a DP based support build and are planning on using status effects, utility, and heals to be a force multiplier instead of praying to get two spells off before dying?I'd like to hear from you.

If you do go the DP route you will also likely have 100+ mil for Mediah that you wouldn't have had.Does anyone have any objections, and if not, why isn't this option talked about more?

Recommend every person who likes playing a healer/support in other games, or any Wizard who isn't at the cutting edge of gear development to take a look at it. It's better to go pure DP than an AP build as a Wizard if you actually want to really contribute and support your group/guild. DP Wizards are going to be amazing.
They have no shield party mechanic or group-wise damage mitigation?

What exactly does the spell 'Protected Area do',you dumbfuck? "Increases friends defenses and resistances within range for 8 seconds." That's not a group mitigation mechanic at all, right? Oh and yeah, 60% maximum health heals are weak. And it isn't like 'Speed' is version of Bloodlust or anything...

If you didn't get the memo, levels do NOT affect accuracy like everyone "thought because you know, KR and all". So they're not nearly as important as people thought.They only add a small amount of maximum health, so your entire premise is bullshit.People only thought levels meant a lot because those initial level 53/54s tended to have much better gear than the 51/52s.Actually you know, It'd be better if you just shut your fucking mouth.

Wizards are a viable defensive utility and support class in this game.If someone wants to be a dumbass and neglect DP so they get shit on every single time they're grabbed then that's their prerogative, but they really don't help their group unless they have a nice big wall to stand on. If you wanted to deal massive AoE ranged damage there's a class specifically built to do that. It's called a Ranger.
Bolded and bigged the funny parts, and I didn't even go through the new 3 pages of posts but i'm assuming from the 3 posts I saw that many more lolz are to be had.

Woolygimp

Bolded and bigged the funny parts, and I didn't even go through the new 3 pages of posts but i'm assuming from the 3 posts I saw that many more lolz are to be had.
Yeah, I was in a bad mood and felt like he was taking a shot at me personally. All of his information is almost assuredly just flat out incorrect and not worth debating, and his tone was insulting. Anybody can get trolled and pissed off, what's your point?

And I'm not a Wizard, at the time I made that post I wasn't entirely confident. Enough people have reported having a lot of success in PvP, and now it's a pretty popular thread with a lot of people changing their builds into pure DP to fill that role. Like I said in the OP, I main a Giant and although I have a Wizard, I do not play the class.

Read the replies and how much of a following it has garnered, so if Bondurant or whoever is right and that DP is completely worthless... at least a couple dozen people will be /deleting their characters because of me.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Yukata!

rrr_img_130104.jpg

BTW, I have the ultimate defense build vs pvp. I'm completely invincible. What you need to do is make sure one particular stat is below 45.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Blizzard is removing poses from Overwatch because they're sexist. Meanwhile Korean develop is all like, "Here's a lingerie costume!"

We need to be more like Korea.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Here's the tl;dr on Ranger changes:

-They remove 30-50%of pve-farming damage and call it "slightly".

-They buff a useless skill dramaticaly, still useless.

-They tinker with shotgun which is arguably okay?ish.

-They buff a never ever used skill (charging wind) but nerf the ultimate of it that people actually use.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well glad I stopped caring until Kun comes out.

Also the fact they still haven't at least just handwaved buffs for Tamer is dumb.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ranger PvE damage, especially AoE, was pretty ridiculous, given that they also had high survivability (if played well). Wizzy has better damage, but that damage had a cast time involved, whereas the Ranger would just jump around in circles killing everything in range with no danger. Just my opinion based on seeing Rangers lay waste to rooms full of mobs far easier than any other class.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rumor on some gaming site states the Blader / Plum for NA an EU is coming out in April. If true, then probably late April is my guess.

The name I reserved is for the Blader. Hopefully it comes out soon.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Ranger PvE damage, especially AoE, was pretty ridiculous, given that they also had high survivability (if played well). Wizzy has better damage, but that damage had a cast time involved, whereas the Ranger would just jump around in circles killing everything in range with no danger. Just my opinion based on seeing Rangers lay waste to rooms full of mobs far easier than any other class.
No doubt. I think the biggest concern people have is that these changes seem independent of any KR/RU changes that have happened. If they can nerf stuff independently, why not fix a bunch of shit for all classes?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is a perfect example of why there is always guild drama. People making a big deal out of trivial bullshit.
It's quite hilarious, the entertainment value is good.

Blizzard is removing poses from Overwatch because they're sexist. Meanwhile Korean develop is all like, "Here's a lingerie costume!"

We need to be more like Korea.
Only a matter of time until the SJW/Ultra-PC idiots infect Korea also.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Rumor on some gaming site states the Blader / Plum for NA an EU is coming out in April. If true, then probably late April is my guess.

The name I reserved is for the Blader. Hopefully it comes out soon.
FYI pal it takes like 24 hours I believe? To delete a character. Learned that the hard way when I snagged a few names. That said I made actual characters so you may be ok.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FYI pal it takes like 24 hours I believe? To delete a character. Learned that the hard way when I snagged a few names. That said I made actual characters so you may be ok.
Aye thanks, it does take 24 hours if you delete a toon. Kind of a pain. But I meant the pre-order name reservation. They said those would be held for the Blader etc.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Oh well that answers my question then. I was sitting here wondering what the fuck does fermega think about sex and video games.

Problem fucking solved. I can move onto curing cancer now that I've learned you're against mingling sex and video games. Probably from all those times you had to listen to mom sucking off strangers while you played Super Mario Bros. Now having solved your little problem breaking into tears whenever you see a mushroom and furiously masterbating until the voices go away you'll be the opinion we all fucking need.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jait again.
Bahahahaha.

I'm finding myself in a position with the game where I'm not super interested in playing my Valk, but I also don't want to level another toon until Blader is released. I mean I made a zerker the other day, and the first 10 or so levels have felt fucking incredible, but I don't want to grind it out, just to turn around and grind out a Blader too.

Life is fucking hard boys.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Oh well that answers my question then. I was sitting here wondering what the fuck does fermega think about sex and video games.

Problem fucking solved. I can move onto curing cancer now that I've learned you're against mingling sex and video games. Probably from all those times you had to listen to mom sucking off strangers while you played Super Mario Bros. Now having solved your little problem breaking into tears whenever you see a mushroom and furiously masterbating until the voices go away you'll be the opinion we all fucking need.
man. just, damn.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
How do the world bosses work? I shot at this big tree boss for 5 mins or so at Forest of Seclusion with 50 other people and didn't even get a lootable corpse when it finally died.