Black Desert

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My wife keeps bugging me to apply (was with them for a bit in AA but not long enough). I'm not sure what my hangup is other than the fact that I don't want to feel pressured into achieving certain thresholds.
They get shit done but you need to be ready to do what they want to get said shit done regardless of what you're in the middle of. Having fun trading or questing? Too bad time to slay the PVP. They don't hide that though so can't knock them for it. I played with them in GW2 and it was pretty damn fun at release but ultimately not how I want to play BDO (personally.)
Not to dissuade folks but BDO is especially grueling for PRX and other competitive guilds. It's all grind grind grind for levels and gear. In GW2 you could get BiS gear in a couple days. In ArcheAge generating wealth was more about running packs than raw grinding.

We're doing a lot of PvP but we are mostly preparing for sieges. Now that we think they won't come out for another month or so we've got more breathing room. There's a lot of great things to do in this game, but if you want to be competitive there's a clear path and is filled with grinding.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
^ This the Grind is Real
Not at all
wink.png

rrr_img_130670.jpg

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not to dissuade folks but BDO is especially grueling for PRX and other competitive guilds. It's all grind grind grind for levels and gear. In GW2 you could get BiS gear in a couple days. In ArcheAge generating wealth was more about running packs than raw grinding.

We're doing a lot of PvP but we are mostly preparing for sieges. Now that we think they won't come out for another month or so we've got more breathing room. There's a lot of great things to do in this game, but if you want to be competitive there's a clear path and is filled with grinding.
Truly wish I had the time to play like in old EQ days. I usually hate grinding but this game somehow keeps it somewhat enjoyable. Just don't have the time to keep up anymore.

They say they are looking into ways to allow new players to catch up.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Truly wish I had the time to play like in old EQ days. I usually hate grinding but this game somehow keeps it somewhat enjoyable. Just don't have the time to keep up anymore.

They say they are looking into ways to allow new players to catch up.
I believe that just means the auto-loop feature which is really just for secondary stuff. Actually leveling 1-50 is fast (i'm sure as hell not there yet but I do more than just grind mobs.) Everyone is a new player IMO hardcore or casual, the game has been out a month. Just play at your pace and have fun sir.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm getting rocked now that i'm 50, I gotta start seriously stacking some armor stones somehow cause 88 dp just isn't cutting it against the mobs that are higher level than catfish.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I got schlonged on my tier 1 level 10 pets with the change. 3% hunting, processing, and farming exp =/

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I can't find anything relevant with my googlefu really so I figure i'll ask here since i'm sure we have some 55+ or close to it. Is accuracy necessary at all once you get to 50+? Right now the vast majority of my trinkets are Kalis for the accuracy and i'm wondering if I should start swapping them out for AP and DP or not. Will the mobs in Mediah be a pain in the ass if I drop all my accuracy?

I'm still working on getting my weapons/armor upgraded to +10 or better, Azwell amulet is +10, Jubre talisman at +9, using 4 piece agerian at +8 on gloves/helm/boots and +9 on armor. Assuming I don't need the Kalis accessories then that'd be a nice cheaper boost on my AP/DP while I bash my head on upgrading the armor and getting a zaka ammy.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Should we be farming for gear upgrades (dailies) at 50 in places like Hexe, or moving to Media and concentrate on leveling to 55 first?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Should we be farming for gear upgrades (dailies) at 50 in places like Hexe, or moving to Media and concentrate on leveling to 55 first?
I'd try to do both equally. Get your gear up to a decent level at 50 with whatever methods you have, then move to Mediah and level there. The wealth you generate at Sausan's and Elric's is pretty good.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Also free 10% bonus this weekend, so I'd say grind while you can!

I still run through all the Black Spirit dailies at the very least. The rest of it I do if I'm grinded out, sitting at 208 for energy and contribution. Not uber, but not too bad!

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Exp / gem loss on world bosses that randomly turn and one shot you? Yeah I'll go ahead and pass as a melee tks
wink.png
Good luck to everyone else though!

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I'd try to do both equally. Get your gear up to a decent level at 50 with whatever methods you have, then move to Mediah and level there. The wealth you generate at Sausan's and Elric's is pretty good.
You will make about 2 million silver an hour in a 5 man group.