Black Desert

Cubberley

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have a code: 4C9E-90AD-132E-4B3F-9732

Looking for casuals to hang out with on Edan -- pm for family name and Discord info.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I got my Wiz up to 42 and been enjoying it. But this weekend with the exp buff, I decided to play a Warrior.Holy shit melee is fun compared to starting the game as a Wiz.

So I'm hearing from you guys that end game sucks for melee. Are there any benefits to playing melee in end game?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Exp / gem loss on world bosses that randomly turn and one shot you? Yeah I'll go ahead and pass as a melee tks
wink.png
Good luck to everyone else though!
We did the tree boss 3x last night. It's really hard to avoid his attacks. His attack animations look like someone shaking a tree and every once in a while a branch falls off.

He also does this slam attack where he has this prolonged pre-attack animation, then attacks in a random direction. That got a lot of people.

Right now the preferred way to mitigate that is to wear cheap luck gear or something. Maybe as we gear we'll get enough DP that he can't one shot people, but we had some pretty hefty people getting blown up.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
We did the tree boss 3x last night. It's really hard to avoid his attacks. His attack animations look like someone shaking a tree and every once in a while a branch falls off.

He also does this slam attack where he has this prolonged pre-attack animation, then attacks in a random direction. That got a lot of people.

Right now the preferred way to mitigate that is to wear cheap luck gear or something. Maybe as we gear we'll get enough DP that he can't one shot people, but we had some pretty hefty people getting blown up.
I've still got my blue sword from the story quest line in the bank, I'll use that rather than my Liverto with millions in gems
wink.png
I'll have to save an ungemmed set of armor I suppose too.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got cock blocked on my spintowin Awakening. First one was 1% xp, used my free reset and got 2% xp boost, and then burnt 200? 300? pearls. It was whatever I had leftover from buying 2 pets, and got All enemy AP -2 which isn't terrible, but it also isn't a 4% heal per enemy hit. And now that I've hit 50 and started doing the kill X of Y for Boss scroll Z, I can see where that 4% makes a gigantic difference. So I'm debating if I want to drop some Pearls and p2w, because I've no idea if there is any way to grind through Awakening resets in game.

My real question is WTF did they do in the last patch, I've been getting almost literally hounded by guilds looking for an active Zerker? Did the changes blow us up that much in PVP? All I saw were a couple abilities with unspecified damage increases, one of which I use, and doesn't seem to be all that great.

I love this game, and it is pissing me off that I can't get any of my RL friends interested.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
My in game name on my Zerker is Rhath if anyone wants to friend me. I created a place holder guild called Ulfhednar, just so I wasn't getting spammed by everyone that saw I was guildless. I would be down to join a chill casual guild though, if we have anything floating around, can't get all PRX crazy, I'm already straining the bounds of my marriage, I've been playing that much (I'm mostly joking, my wife actually asked me if I wanted her to play with me, which is awesome and kind of scary at the same time). This is the first time since we've been married, I think she's seen me fiend this hard on a game.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm starting to wonder if I am doing something wrong or something. I did some gear swaps last night and now i'm at I believe 72 AP and 105 DP (with another 13dp when i'm fighting from dark armor) but I still get rolled by the mobs in abandoned sanctuary. I burnt through 100 heal pots and died 4 times earlier in less than an hour down there... From the little info I could find online other people said they started farming them at 70/70 and stopped having issues with anything other than the occasional elite once they got close to 100dp... 3 of my 4 deaths were basically one-shots when a few mobs would all hit me at the same time before I could use a pot or back up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd actually like to hear from Cinge to see if he gets one shot by it.
No. I can take a full hit from his main slam that leaves the fire DoT, leaves me about 400-500hp, in DP gear(223 DP). His casual swipes to the side will do about 50% dmg. At this DP level can also block all 3 rocks and regen block before another 3. So could block rocks forever if didn't mess up timing.

I can't comment on his channeled frontal cone ability(where the branches constantly hit the ground for like 4 seconds) as I don't really feel like standing in that "for science!" :p

Tree and Mudster are insanely easy with DP gear and very doable with AP gear if riskier. I will have to try Bheg with said gear and maybe red nose once to see how it is.

I'm starting to wonder if I am doing something wrong or something. I did some gear swaps last night and now i'm at I believe 72 AP and 105 DP (with another 13dp when i'm fighting from dark armor) but I still get rolled by the mobs in abandoned sanctuary. I burnt through 100 heal pots and died 4 times earlier in less than an hour down there... From the little info I could find online other people said they started farming them at 70/70 and stopped having issues with anything other than the occasional elite once they got close to 100dp... 3 of my 4 deaths were basically one-shots when a few mobs would all hit me at the same time before I could use a pot or back up.
Abanonded monastery was pretty easy pre-buff, lot less mobs , Sturdy Elites were very rare, so it was doable with a lot less gear. Post buff they added a lot more mobs and a lot more violents so its a very different story. I can still die in there with 111ap/182 DP if I don't block hits or avoid them. Also a lot less people there, so a single person in below avg gear can fall behind fast and get overwhelmed, not to mention the Sturdy Elite mobs that spawn will easily one shot you(they do 60-70% ish health in dmg to me with 182dp in one swing).

Could try the Cave, where the entrance south of well entrance at the bottom of the mountain(two entrances right next to eachother to the same cave, makes a big U). This area didn't get a mob density buff. You do still have to deal with Sturdy Elite mobs there.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know what's up, but I officially have the most badass looking character on the server. Don't steal my vibe, bitches.

rrr_img_130824.jpg

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Blader/Plum comingApril 20th.
BOOO.

Also NA catch up weekend due to their admin tool not working like it should last weekend and only granting combat exp for the emergency maint.

Greetings Adventurers,

As you saw, last weekend we ran a Bonus Combat EXP Event following the emergency maintenance. Unfortunately the event did not go as planned as players from the EU Servers got the benefit of additional EXP for Fishing, Trading, and Training. This was due to a mistake on our end and the effect was active for the whole weekend. To remedy this gap we will be running the same event for the NA Servers this coming weekend. We are aware that this was not announced beforehand for the EU Servers, but we believe this is the best way to preserve the leveling curve between the 2 regions.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in the matter.
-The BDO Team
NA Catch Up EXP Weekend - News & Announcements - The Black Desert Online

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I wanted to play a Plum and this sucks. Away on business all next week. Wish I had a laptop I could play this game on.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure which of the Plum or Konoichi is gonna be my next character.

By the time I'm 55 on my tamer, both will probably be out. I'm looking forward to levelling a character with most of the conversations and knowledge already unlocked.
smile.png

I think my alt army(5 of them) are all full of energy(160+ each) and ready to go on a few days on doing nothing but conversations.
smile.png

I also need to go skins Waragons to make the Noble outfit(s), debating making one for each of my alt to get the Amity bonus on each.
smile.png

I am also almost ready to built my fishing boat too.

So many things to do, so little time.
frown.png

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No one is gonna spend money on dyes and costumes that you just did!
I've had people who probably would have wiped the floor with me just fucking up-and-leave their spawns when I show up, no contesting, nothing. There's something to be said about people still being used to the whole "best gear looks the coolest" concept.

My level 50 Warrior fishing alt is the true hero. Fucker makes so much money it makes Steve Wynn jealous. When every fifth fish you catch sells for 125,000, combined with a huge inventory, and a +4 Balphenos Rod.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what's up, but I officially have the most badass looking character on the server. Don't steal my vibe, bitches.

rrr_img_130824.jpg
Looks very cool. It's too bad dyes are so expensive in this game. Otherwise we could redo the GW2 guild screenshot in our traditional red and white uniforms!
LBenL8V.jpg

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm not sure which of the Plum or Konoichi is gonna be my next character.

By the time I'm 55 on my tamer, both will probably be out. I'm looking forward to levelling a character with most of the conversations and knowledge already unlocked.
smile.png

I think my alt army(5 of them) are all full of energy(160+ each) and ready to go on a few days on doing nothing but conversations.
smile.png

I also need to go skins Waragons to make the Noble outfit(s), debating making one for each of my alt to get the Amity bonus on each.
smile.png

I am also almost ready to built my fishing boat too.

So many things to do, so little time.
frown.png
I have just over 200 energy now. All node managers ocean and ground. Almost all people unlock outside mediah. Knowledge is fun to work on when you don't have time commitment for grinding.

I've got a fishing boat too!

I'd like to prep for Plum. I have the gear but it's not very enchanted. 9 grunil helm 5 gloves. 5 taritias boots and armor. I've got a handful of stones saved but not many. I have grunil armor and boots at the 8ish that I wasted. Ill have to buy more to repair endurance to sell to recoup cash.

I do have like 170 hunter seals that I will end up converting though. Not sure what I'll do now since I'll use failstacks on armor for my wep once it's out.

I think I might have to look into jewelry.