Black Desert

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How are you not out-dpsing a lvl 47 that they can steal your mobs? Roll a farming class if you want to farm. It's extremely easy to level alts
It wasn't a problem out-dpsing him, and he was probably 51ish. Even if he only got 25% of hte mobs, that's still 25% of the mobs. Then 2 more people come in and do the same thing and all of a sudden i'm running around trying to out-dps 3 or 4 people at every spawn and we're all getting 25% of the mobs.

Or are you implying a witch could go to monastery and prevent a bunch of randoms from taking mobs from them because they get all the dps on all the mobs?

Then again, if you think it's fine that guildless people can troll and do whatever they want with no reprecussions due to the karma system it's probably because you're one of those retards.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I definitely agree the system could be designed better in terms of consequences for trolling behavior (or at least reducing/removing consequences for defending yourself).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't have a problem with open world or contested resources. I strictly have a problem with the fact that guildless people can do whatever they want with no reprecussions. Someone in a guild tries to take your spot and you can dec on them to keep killing them. Only choice with random guildless is to go red and have to spend 800 hours grinding back your karma because they don't lose anything other than the 30s it takes to run back from node.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FYI the infamous karma system was implemented later in development, because during korean alpha it was basically a Age-of-Conan-food-chain parade where larger guilds prevented anyone from accessing mobs, NPCs and quests, therefore korean players complained a lot and they designed the karma system to prevent ganking (I might recall it wrong tho).

Currently the karma system, while somewhat allowing limited ganking, prevents abuse while creating other problems like limiting open world PvP and ressource PvP management. There's interesting discussionherebut it's doubtful they'll get rid of the actual karma system.

I'm all for a no rule system, because I don't care joining big guilds when it's about open world PvP with consequences, but I also understand there's a lot of casual / lonewolf / playing-with-my-family players who just can't be arsed joining a bigger structure. They have most of the time limited playtime and want to get the best of those "45mins haven right after baby went to sleep and wife finishes to watch her silly TV show" and they don't want anyone to ruin their time.

As Tuco said, they probably at some point should have implemented a poopsock server with no karma system, no fixed marketplace and player trading. I've said a lot of bad things about Black Desert but after reading lots of drama between guilds (guilds taking over a grind spot, guilds switching channels to prevent other guilds getting gear, etc) I think Black Desert is a day one MMO guild game. It's really fun declaring war to other guilds for grind / ressource spots. The game has a lot of major flaws but Daum / PA don't seem as retarded as the Trion / Archeage devs alliance was, they keep a nice after release content without major fuckups and from what I see it keeps people playing the game.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone familiar with Wizard/Witch gearing? I'm looking at accessories and atm have 1 Witch earring 1 Bares ear (til I buy another Witch); however, Mesto Ear is only 1 less AP and gives +1 accuracy. Is that not better than Witch? Also wondering what necklace upgrade typically follows Kalis neck.

Also, why do people enchant shit like Reblath armor up to +14/+15? I tend to buy my gear with fishing profits so not too knowledgeable on the intricacies of the enchanting system.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Also, why do people enchant shit like Reblath armor up to +14/+15? I tend to buy my gear with fishing profits so not too knowledgeable on the intricacies of the enchanting system.
It's because of the retarded RNG of the enchanting system. It's generally cheap to build failstacks on gear you can buy directly without getting into the Amity game, especially when you get into doing accessories. The downside to doing it that way is that you run the risk of enchanting what amounts to a useless piece of armor up to +15.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
To clarify. Failing to enchant builds failstacks. Failstacks increase enchant chance. Failing an enchant costs memory stones or additional copies of the armor (Amity game).

Reblath armor is cheap and easy to buy tondo repairs. Dump armor stones in it and build failstacks on it to get your wep to 15 fro. 14 or gain stack to enchant jewelry.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is there a rough guide on how many failstacks you should get to roughly before dumping stones on the actual piece per tier? I had like +9 trying to get my stupid hat to +7 which seems absurdly unlucky or else you're going to need a metric shedload of stones.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I dump stones into gear I'm leveling, I always start stacking on the lowest piece (or lowest and cheapest) and work my way up, doesn't matter what + it is until I hit the enchantment level of the armour I'm dumping into, if my failstack is +2 over the armour, I switch to a higher level piece. I keep doing this until that character has a +25 (or more if I'm feeling a little ballsy), then I switch to another character and repeat the process.

Right now I need to make another character, or farm up some more Marks/Witch's to use these failstacks on (4 characters at +27) with my main set of armour at 2x +15, and 2x +14.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Is there a rough guide on how many failstacks you should get to roughly before dumping stones on the actual piece per tier? I had like +9 trying to get my stupid hat to +7 which seems absurdly unlucky or else you're going to need a metric shedload of stones.
http://www.blackd.de/failstacks/

Failstacks are best used for accessories and liverto weapons sincerely it's incredibly expensive to repair their max durability.

Also people cycle alts once they get 25 failstacks to save them for jewelry. Search Reddit, there are plenty of write-ups.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Do any of you know how to turn your minimap and energy/hp bar back on? Mine aren't showing up and I've tried reloading the ui, restarting the game, etc. and nothing seems to work.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Do any of you know how to turn your minimap and energy/hp bar back on? Mine aren't showing up and I've tried reloading the ui, restarting the game, etc. and nothing seems to work.
Try hitting ESC, then Edit UI. Most of the UI elements have an button in the upper right to turn them on or off.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I dunno I feel like it's cheaper to sell shit and buy +15 on the AH now. Saying 200K per armor stone it appears to be like 20-30M in stones plus armor pieces meanwhile it's like 15M to buy the piece straight up.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dunno I feel like it's cheaper to sell shit and buy +15 on the AH now. Saying 200K per armor stone it appears to be like 20-30M in stones plus armor pieces meanwhile it's like 15M to buy the piece straight up.
That's true for Yuria. It's better to buy a +15 Yuria from the AH since everyone is selling theirs to upgrade their Liverto and Kzarka weapons.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anyone still have their Gift Letters? I've been sitting on my achievements because I can't bank the letters. Would love to exchange with someone.