Black Desert

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Kind of the same way. Played Overwatch when it was open, but now that it is over, I'm finding it hard to log in and my char is 36. I like the combat, but ffs I fucking -despise- the lazy "lol grind 1000000000000 mobs to level" style of artificial content inflation. It just gets tedious as fuck. Quests giving shit XP doesn't help matters.
This is what completely happened to me. Got sucked into Overwatch, had a blast, and now can't go back.

Honestly, too much was good in the beginning but now I just don't want to deal with it. I don't want manage all the aspects of the game that I initially enjoyed. Now that OW is over, I found myself logging back into LoL and EQ Alkabor. Don't get me wrong, BDO does a whole lot right and is definitely a step in the right direction for MMO's. However, it may be my age or just time in general but I want something a little less strenuous and stripped down. There's a middle ground between BDO and EQ that I would like to see but i'm not sure what it is?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is what completely happened to me. Got sucked into Overwatch, had a blast, and now can't go back.

Honestly, too much was good in the beginning but now I just don't want to deal with it. I don't want manage all the aspects of the game that I initially enjoyed. Now that OW is over, I found myself logging back into LoL and EQ Alkabor. Don't get me wrong, BDO does a whole lot right and is definitely a step in the right direction for MMO's. However, it may be my age or just time in general but I want something a little less strenuous and stripped down. There's a middle ground between BDO and EQ that I would like to see but i'm not sure what it is?
This is exactly why I've pretty much given up playing MMO's now for awhile. I'll get real into it for a couple of weeks, something else will come out get my attention and then after that I have zero desire to log back to collect 10 bear asses or whatever the game is making you do to progress. I think age and time and a lot to do with it. My free time is valuable and there is just way to many games out there to devote to just one.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I enjoy grinding in this game since the combat is fun. But then again I only get to play a few nights a week for 1 to 2 hours a time these days.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would say the biggest thing that bothers me is just having to wait till you're in the top tier before the game becomes social. I mean you can group on the way up and thats supposedly faster - but this game has little to no help in putting a group together. The grinding is tolerable in this game to me for some reason. I think it comes down to more accurately being the fact that I can wade into mobs that are all purple to me and, through careful play, I can farm them.

The player summoned bosses like Mog are a bit of a push over but supply some good rewards for you and your group. I think I could probably solo them, but it would take a minute. Theyre strategically easy to figure out. I havent had but one experience with a guild boss and that was with the Lava Chief in Lava Pit. But I was having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what was causing the stun that would inevitably lead to being one shot at one point or another. Staying on his back helped, but I knew I would die eventually. Not a fan of being able to run back to bosses in a zerg fashion, but if everything the boss does is random - I can understand it.

Im not entirely sure how I feel about the way weapons and armor are upgraded in this game, or how you get a more unique version - but I do like the fact that you essentially hold onto the same weapon or armor. I feel like when your gear is upgraded, that you're invested in it. It means something, unlike Random_Gear_01 thats tossed out every other level.

The world is huge, and I mean absolutely f'n HUGE! But even then, I can look across the map and know how an area looks across any part of the map. Im a completionist so a the leveling up game took me a lot longer than some people I know. The amity game that goes along with it could use a LOT of work, but the way you acquire knowledge on each mob, plant, NPC, area, sculpture etc. etc. is cool as shit to me. Why? I have no idea. But if something looks interesting to me, I can bet I can look into my knowledge tab and read about it. Places that you can visit just arent put there willy nilly in other words. Wizard Tower in the middle of no where? Look up what is said about it in locations and find out more in Theology.

I havent even really began to look into crafting all that much because Ive been so enveloped in the Amity / Knowledge part of the game and upgrading gear - but people speak volumes about it that have invested a huge chunk of their contribution into it. Ive got my cooking and things up but I have only hit the outer edge of what all the system truly has to offer.

TL;DR - I really enjoy the game. I wish some things were different, but anytime I get annoyed with how long something is taking.. when Im finally done or Ive accomplished what I was trying to do, I get happy as hell about it. No other MMO has been able to do that for me. Even when I slam my balls in the door to get a boss down and get a new shiny piece of loot in WoW, I dont feel accomplished. I feel relieved instead that its finally fucking over.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I enjoy grinding in this game since the combat is fun. But then again I only get to play a few nights a week for 1 to 2 hours a time these days.
I have to say if not for Overwatch, I would still be playing. I think they have done a great job and I didn't mind the grinding. I think, for at least now, other games fit my time/life. I was getting it in doses too. I have no idea how this game would feel to the person with 2-3 mains at max level and playing long stints everyday.

Honestly, i'm hoping Crowfall watches and listens to BDO as they progress.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch Notes - May 13th - Patch Notes - The Black Desert Online

Female Berserker :

GNhF1cG.jpg

moontayle

Golden Squire
Parrot pet. Nice. That said, I won't buy a new one until Valencia. I heard there's a fox pet that is almost must have because it reduces the water consumption or something like that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There is only the grind.

ThePRX has a level 56 requirement come June 1st and most folks are happy to get 2% XP an hour at level 55 as a well geared player with uninterrupted leveling with full XP scrolls on.

XRP isn't as hardcore but still has a lot of progression being made. People are expected to get one level every two weeks (until 55) and substantially boost their gear.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Caught some porcupine fish, nibblers and tilefish near Beiruwa island and ended up connecting some nodes around that area that I hadn't before, including Iliya. But the trader in Iliya and the one on Beiruwa Island were still offering me 30% for the fish. Everything west of those spots that are able to be connected to Velia are. Am I maybe missing some fish trading because the Media Northern Gateway and The Mausoleum aren't connected?

edit: yea, figured that one out after scrolling over my fish.

Zbkuk_sl

shitlord
How much accuracy do I need if I'm just grinding red mobs at most? Currently I'm at 102 ap (+15 ultimate yuria) / 180 DP on my berserker and my AP seems low, I pretty regularly see people saying they have 130-150AP. But I'm using the saiyer knot (DP) in my offhand, and switching to an AP offhand seems like it would be a nice boost. I still need to pri my accessories (mos, witch earrings) and get a better neck and belt (+5 ap and +3 ap on neck and belt at the moment), but even if I were to do all of that I still would have less than 120 AP. Just strictly from a PvE standpoint I feel quite tanky but would love to kill shit faster and I'm trying to figure out how I can boost my AP in the most affordable manner since it seems like most of my options from this point are quite expensive.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone have a guest pass? I want to try this as I feel the MMO bug coming back, rather not play FF realm reborn again.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
How much accuracy do I need if I'm just grinding red mobs at most? Currently I'm at 102 ap (+15 ultimate yuria) / 180 DP on my berserker and my AP seems low, I pretty regularly see people saying they have 130-150AP. But I'm using the saiyer knot (DP) in my offhand, and switching to an AP offhand seems like it would be a nice boost. I still need to pri my accessories (mos, witch earrings) and get a better neck and belt (+5 ap and +3 ap on neck and belt at the moment), but even if I were to do all of that I still would have less than 120 AP. Just strictly from a PvE standpoint I feel quite tanky but would love to kill shit faster and I'm trying to figure out how I can boost my AP in the most affordable manner since it seems like most of my options from this point are quite expensive.
I'm pretty much in the same boat on my valk. Does Saiyer Knot give accuracy? I'm using Vangertz which is pure DP/Accuracy but only 2 ap, and I have no problems hitting purples all day. in PVP I could use a bit more accuracy I guess but usually when I miss it's cus of desync and nothing to do with stats.

Zbkuk_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty much in the same boat on my valk. Does Saiyer Knot give accuracy? I'm using Vangertz which is pure DP/Accuracy but only 2 ap, and I have no problems hitting purples all day. in PVP I could use a bit more accuracy I guess but usually when I miss it's cus of desync and nothing to do with stats.
Yeah, saiyer knot seems to be the vangertz equivalent - pure DP with accuracy, and the enhancement increases DP and accuracy. The enhancement bonus increasing accuracy drives me crazy because it is a hidden number. I'd love to just try another offhand and see for myself but don't want to drop 15-20m to find out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I just got this on a whim and wanna play a Ranger with a controller. How feasible is that and does the class play at all like Bard from FFXIV?