Black Desert

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Sorcerer

• The effect of Shards of Darkness has been changed for all ranks:
    • When using 2 shards -- additional AP has been lowered from +18 to +14 for 20 sec.
    • When using 3 shards -- additional AP has been lowered from +30 to +20 for 20 sec.
    • Instant recovery for MP per shard has been changed from 40 to 60.
Doesn't seem too bad (not a sorc).

Their damage was by far some of the most insane in the game if you played like a reasonably intelligent person. This just brings them in line with the other assassins a bit. They still will be the go-to assassin character though.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
10 ap, not huge, but free ap is great for world boss charts (this was/possibly still is kinda op). Mana stuff, I have no idea, don't they already spam pots? Not sure.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When will I feel like I understand anything about the game?
There's lot of good guides currently available onDulfyand some other sites. They cover most of Black Desert content, you can also check official forums regarding classes, and fansites likeBlack Desert Foundry. As for advices, feel free to ask in general channel, I've found the community has nice people willing to help others.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When will I feel like I understand anything about the game?
I ask people questions in my guild that have been playing the game for a while now. Like before it even came to the states. I would say at least half the time the question I ask doesnt get a proper answer. More than a comfortable amount of the stuff in this game is hidden variables and values. For instance, investing in a node doesnt tell you why but its known that drop rates go up with a higher investment into the node. By how much each rank? Tf if anyone knows. But we're going on the fact that the maximum rank of 10 is better than 9 of course. What exactly does investing into a City Node do, though? Cause the amount gained from investing doesnt change based on City level like its been rumored. How much does luck effect drop rates? Whats the actual cap on certain attributes? Hell, I can go on and on with shit that people just blatantly dont know, regardless of region. A large part of me wishes some of this stuff had answers, but there is this small infinitesimal part of me that appreciates that a lot of stuff is unknown and not data mined to death.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I ask people questions in my guild that have been playing the game for a while now. Like before it even came to the states. I would say at least half the time the question I ask doesnt get a proper answer. More than a comfortable amount of the stuff in this game is hidden variables and values. For instance, investing in a node doesnt tell you why but its known that drop rates go up with a higher investment into the node. By how much each rank? Tf if anyone knows. But we're going on the fact that the maximum rank of 10 is better than 9 of course. What exactly does investing into a City Node do, though? Cause the amount gained from investing doesnt change based on City level like its been rumored. How much does luck effect drop rates? Whats the actual cap on certain attributes? Hell, I can go on and on with shit that people just blatantly dont know, regardless of region. A large part of me wishes some of this stuff had answers, but there is this small infinitesimal part of me that appreciates that a lot of stuff is unknown and not data mined to death.
I'm ok with some mystery in my MMOs, but not when real $$$ is involved. +luck underwear and glasses to 'help you get better knowledge ratings, maybe' bothered me a bit.

Daidraco

I couldnt tell the difference in the Luck underwear, honestly. The earring though? That shit is pay to win all day long. I was constantly getting a "C" average on mobs before I bought it and now my average rank on mobs is "A*". The earring isnt that expensive, but the bonus you get from it is absurd. I just wish their was some quantifiable way to weigh this stuff.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
As a Sorc I spam pots (both health and mana) like crazy. I tend to take around 150-200 big pots (more HP than MP) out per 1.5-2hr play session and I've often run out and had to do a potion run part way through. Carry weight is a definite issue, I've bought +200 weight from the shop so far.
That change will mean I consume mana pots probably 20-30% slower so it's pretty good. The buff which got nerfed is up around 50% of the time or more if you're grinding which means it's a pretty noticable nerf but I'll survive. Playstyle of Sorc is hilariously great fun and I massacre everything, slightly less damage is meh.

Daidraco

Look at the earrings in the pearl shop when you have a chance and you'll see them. Here they are on somerandom websiteso you can match them up. But they say in the description +Knowledge or something to that effect.

edit, forgot to answer -

I wouldnt recommend them as a new/new player just because I was afraid to spend money on a game I might not play at first. But they only time I would say they are valuable is when you get to the point that you are farming certain mobs at max level for items. A higher rank helps you do more damage, and increase drop rate.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The sorc nerf is a fairly big deal for any sorc that isn't geared out the ass (duo+ on all their accessories, liverto/zaka +15, etc.). My sorc is sitting at 118/183 atm after I blew up a few accessories earlier and losing 10ap hurts me a lot more than it does the ones who have better luck with rng. I'm up to 17+ hours of monastery with no mark drops... and I kill between 800-1000 mobs an hour when i'm grinding it........ which is actually probably going to be what gets me to quit the game before anything else. It's retarded that I can kill 15k+ mobs and get no marks but all day long I watch people come in and kill 50 and get 1-3 of them.

Then again, the other sorc in my guild doesn't even use shards in pvp 90% of the time.

As far as the zerker buff... One that I talked to today said he gained about 700hp from it, from 23xx to 30xx. And he was fucking scary before the buff because he actually knew how to play the class and use his combos. It's kind of sad that most of the nerfs/buffs i've seen so far all seem to cater to the whiney fucks on the forums (sorc is NOT op and we get shit on by desync just as much as berserkers do and more than any of the other classes).

On the topic of the glasses/earring, they seem pay2win but they're really not. RNG is RNG. I burnt over 4k loyalties on knowledge reset pots trying to get A+ and S on the mobs in mediah that I grind. Sometimes you get a good grade, sometimes you get a C 15 resets in a row.

Cybsled

This game is pissing me off. Mob tells don't seem to match up with the actual attacks, so I lose most of my HP due to a single attack. They did something with block. You can't press any directional keys at all now or it doesn't activate (it used to override the directional key and give priority to block...now it just doesn't activate block at all). Mobs don't seem to have much less HP. Then you have the dumb enchantment explosions when you die, because XP loss alone isn't enough of a kick to the balls.

Overwatch can't come out soon enough ;/

Daidraco

On the topic of the glasses/earring, they seem pay2win but they're really not. RNG is RNG. I burnt over 4k loyalties on knowledge reset pots trying to get A+ and S on the mobs in mediah that I grind. Sometimes you get a good grade, sometimes you get a C 15 resets in a row.
Pay to win in the traditional sense? no. But "I" can see the difference. Like you said, RNG is RNG. But I personally have much better luck with the earring than before them. I can look at my knowledge when doing Amity and can tell exactly where I bought the earring. Would I recommend the +luck shorts? Not really. But the earring, if you have the money, is worth it. The weight increases are definitely worth it. Inventory spaces are "kind" of worth it. Depends if you quest through the game and get all the +inventory awards. Weight increases via loyalty should be the first thing bought with Loyalty. I bought character slots for all the classes so if I want to play anything I dont have to delete it and the extra energy able to invest in nodes doesnt hurt either. But thats just me. If you've been playing a minute and you know you're into the game for the long haul, I would invest into at least one complete outfit at 2900 pearls (30 bucks). The extra stats are minimal, but then again, every stat increase you have in this game is minimal per gear slot. Ive spent around 90-120 bucks on the game (with initial purchase) and I havent bought anything that I didnt think would help me. Is any of it required? No, but the game is a hell of a lot better if you do spend a few bucks on it. From here on out, I dont see me buying anything else unless I want a flare item or something. Its basically as if I bought WoW expansion and a 6 month sub for comparison.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
How long does your game idle while closed to taskbar? I wanted to path back and forth to increase breath last night but checked this morning to see it disconnected me. Do I need to leave it up in windowed mode for it not to kick me?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It will stay until your internet gets disconnected or the server reboots. I've been logged in 4-6 days in a row at times, minimized to tray 80% of the time.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It will stay until your internet gets disconnected or the server reboots. I've been logged in 4-6 days in a row at times, minimized to tray 80% of the time.
Ah ok I get disconnected at random while playing so I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How long does your game idle while closed to taskbar? I wanted to path back and forth to increase breath last night but checked this morning to see it disconnected me. Do I need to leave it up in windowed mode for it not to kick me?
They dropped the servers for 2 hours last night to fix the black stone stuff from the patch not working properly.