Black Desert

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
and you can legit stunlock someone to death in 1v1 like a wow rogue in 2005.
Ugh why is this still a thing in PvP? You need some CC or it's just a slugfest, sure, but nothing more irritating than losing control of your character for what seems like an eternity in PvP.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Where can you get saddlebags for your horse? Haven't seen a workshop with those items available for crafting, never see them on the Market, and have never seen them on a vendor, yet tons of people have them.
They appear when you put stuff in your horse's inventory. The appearance changes based upon how much weight it is.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
nah you can still play a zerker just know that PVE is going to be shit. In normal games that's not really an issue since you just need to pve til cap and your maxed out and just do PVP, but this game you will grind mobs forever, for levels, for loot, for money, for mats, etc.

level 1-48 berserker drinks potions on cooldown due to no healing at all, you go through a metric fuckton of pots, carry around like 300-400 pots which uses up a lot of your weight limit just on that, and frequent runs back to your mount/town to get more pots.

With heal on spin, you go from having to use a pot every 5 seconds, to never having to POT except for bosses or PVP. You don't kill fast since you lack the damage of other classes but you have basically unlimited endurance, slow and steady killing. We don't really know how bad this nerf is going to be (it was shit in KR, then they eased up on it a bit but it's still shit, no telling what the NA version will look like)

They recently tried to fix the over reliance on pots in PVE with adding healing on a few shit abilities that you don't use, but they are bugged. Fierce Strike is supposed to have a heal, and the bleed (DoT) associated with it, claw scar, also supposed to add a heal. Fierce is bugged and doesn't heal, and claw scar only adds a heal on the application of the bleed, meaning you can only get the heal on initial application.

If the heal on spin is truly FUBAR then we'll have to go back to carrying around 300-400 pots at all times just to PVE. it's just a major hassle/inconvenience/silver sink.

Keep in mind Pots heal 275 health every 5 seconds, berserkers have the most health and the least amount of healing, and you'll have 3-4k health at level 55+.
Understood thanks for the explanation. What are the current classes that do well in PvE and PvP? I was also looking at Valk and Tamer.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Self-healing is what I love about Maehwa. They have 2 skills which heal, but one sucks ass with its animation so you most likely end up getting hit for what you could have healed. The other is a quicker animation, heals a lot. I only carry around 25-30 pots (extra large) and only use them if I get stuck in an animation and take lots of dmg. Plus the Maehwa has the easiest key setup for me, so its a lot easier to play than anything else I've tried (Chase skill is sex).

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Self-healing is what I love about Maehwa. They have 2 skills which heal, but one sucks ass with its animation so you most likely end up getting hit for what you could have healed. The other is a quicker animation, heals a lot. I only carry around 25-30 pots (extra large) and only use them if I get stuck in an animation and take lots of dmg. Plus the Maehwa has the easiest key setup for me, so its a lot easier to play than anything else I've tried (Chase skill is sex).
backwards dash, gotta use that like mad.

Strafe hit a bit, have them all facing you, backwards dash through them and then SPACE SPACE. You shouldn't ever get hit and if you are fighting more than 1 mob you will heal nearly to full.

Vhaatz

Molten Core Raider
Pot chugging is just a reality of playing this game for most classes. The only classes that can really manage without frequent use of pots are wiz/witch and zerker atm. This might change for some classes with awakenings, but potting is inherent to the design of BDO and you should expect to have to carry some with you at all times.

Skrigg_sl said:
What are the current classes that do well in PvE and PvP? I was also looking at Valk and Tamer.
Wizard and Witch are the kings of PvE farming andextremelyimportant for small scale, large scale and nodewar/guild pvp. They suffer some in 1v1 but a skilled and geared wizard can hold their own in a duel.

Rangers are a close second in PvE farming, but they use a lot of mana pots until you slot an absorption crystal. Very capable and useful in all forms of PvP.

Tamers are great PvE farmers, specifically because they can bypass the aggro limit that restricts other classes with their pet. The tamer and the pet can both aggro the max number of mobs for AoE damage, meaning the can pull twice the amount of mobs as any other class and burn them down in big groups. They are pretty good in 1v1 and strong in small group pvp, and serve as scouts/backline assassins in wars. They are very important for scouting enemy structures in nodewars.

Valkyries, Musa, Maewha, Sorc are all fine PvE farmers, you won't have any issue once you get a handle on the class. Valks can serve multiple roles in PVP, depending on spec. A skilled AP Valk is a terror in 1v1 or small group, and in large-scale pvp they can serve as backline assassins. A defense specced Valk is great at peeling for their team and being in the thick of battle. Valks specced for defense are probably the most difficult class to bring down. Can go into detail on the other classes if you want.

Warriors are probably the worst class in the game atm. They farm slower than every other class, do terrible damage, and really have no role in PvP. If you spec pure AP and gear up, you can do pretty well in 1v1, but honestly if you put that same gear on an equal lvl Valkyrie you could do so much more. Awakenings should benefit warriors greatly, but since there is no timeframe released for when they are coming and no guarantee they won't be nerfed into the ground, the outlook is grim for warriors atm. However, they are super fun to actually play if you can get past the flat statistical weakness, and you can chain together mobility skills to move quickly, so we got that goin' for us.

Vhaatz

Molten Core Raider
Ugh why is this still a thing in PvP? You need some CC or it's just a slugfest, sure, but nothing more irritating than losing control of your character for what seems like an eternity in PvP.
It's even more fun when the zerker charges you, starts the stunlock and opens you up to damage from his ranged backline dps, and then finishes the stunlock by grabbing you, carrying you backwards into their zerg, and slamming you into the ground where you are surrounded by 30 enemy players
smile.png

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Pot chugging is just a reality of playing this game for most classes. The only classes that can really manage without frequent use of pots are wiz/witch and zerker atm. This might change for some classes with awakenings, but potting is inherent to the design of BDO and you should expect to have to carry some with you at all times.
that's rather disingenuous. The occasional use of pots is the norm for most classes, Except Valk, Wizard, Witch, Zerker with heal on hit Awakening, and Ranger with Mana on hit enchants. By occasional you mean carrying around 20-30 pots every few hours.

Ranger's, before they get mana on hit enchants or slow down their super fast kill abilities with the occasional left click for mana regen will use 80-100 mana pots every few hours.

Berserkers without the awakening will use 20 health potsper minuteof combat.

And note, with the awakening, berserkers have the same issues as rangers, either chugging just as many herbal juices as rangers to max kill efficiency (just no where near as good as rangers) or mixing in standard attacks for wp regen.

Berserkers are in a whole other league. It's their design. Huge health totals, no block, no iframes, not even a dodge. You just take hits all the time, and potions are flat, not proportional, healing.

Vhaatz

Molten Core Raider
Ya I agree that zerker farming will suffer from the skill awakenings change. If there's really no way to mitigate the damage you take during farming (my zerk is only lvl 35 lol and twinked out so I don't need to yet) then they'll definitely drop to the lower tier in terms of pve farming capability. I know my buddy who played zerk as his first character went through a ridiculous amount of pots before he got the healspin. Even as a warrior I can avoid a lot of damage by kiting the mobs around so they attack at the same time and I can block/dodge effectively. I still go thru 200 XL pots/hr with a 3.4k hp pool at Valencia farms, probably 150/hr at pirates - so it'll be rough on zerkers for sure. It does suck spamming 20 xl pots to heal up fully, I'd love for this game to add a class of food or potion that heals you up quickly out-of-combat.

I just don't think the change is reason enough to write the class off - someone posted above that the class is dead/no reason to play it. Zerker will still be far-and-away the best melee class for PvP until awakening weapons, and instantly recruited by every guild serious about GvG/nodewars. You can look thru the guild ranking on Edan and nearly every guild is recruiting the same 3 classes: wiz/witch, ranger, and giant. Zerkers provide such a ridiculous amount of utility in large fights and do almost everything better than the other melee classes (except maybe direct burst dmg compared to sorc/ap valk/musa - which doesn't matter because in 1v1 they can just stunlock you, and if they pick off someone in a group setting that a burst-dmg class could delete, they'll just drag them to their buddies. Even then, I've run into some zerkers that drop insane dmg on people)

Granted, 95% of your time in-game is spent farming mobs, not PvPing. So maybe just roll Valk or make a Wiz/Witch/Ranger and farm gear for your zerker main.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Got a fishing boat, I understand that hotspots now spawn and despawn. Ive been looking in the ocean from Velia to Epheria for over an hour and havent seen seagulls or jumping fish. Is it based on skill? Im only Beginner 10.

Zbkuk_sl

shitlord
I guess I'll have to wait and see how bad the healspin nerf is, but from that one video that got linked....it really didn't look like that big of a deal to me. Against any mobs that are "difficult", like say centaurs or basilisks, I don't face tank them while spinning as it is right now on NA. Mobs in this game really suck at hitting you if you just move around them while spinning, in fact they barely hit you at all, as seen by his second spin on that video. As long as there is SOME heal on the spin, which there appears to be, I don't think I'll need to cart around hundreds of potions to farm. Maybe I'll carry 75-100 pots instead of the 20ish I do now.

Vhaatz

Molten Core Raider
Got a fishing boat, I understand that hotspots now spawn and despawn. Ive been looking in the ocean from Velia to Epheria for over an hour and havent seen seagulls or jumping fish. Is it based on skill? Im only Beginner 10.
I don't think it's based on skill, they just randomly spawn in the ocean. I see a fair amount on my way to and from pirate island. They only last ~30 minutes before disappearing so they can be easy to miss. Make sure you have nodes connected to where you find them before you sell though, you'll only get 30% of the sale price if you don't.Edit: I'm wrong, apparently fishing skill lvldoesaffect your ability to see the hotspots. I've had pretty high fishing for months so I never noticed a difference.

Zbkuk_sl said:
I guess I'll have to wait and see how bad the healspin nerf is, but from that one video that got linked....it really didn't look like that big of a deal to me. Against any mobs that are "difficult", like say centaurs or basilisks, I don't face tank them while spinning as it is right now on NA. Mobs in this game really suck at hitting you if you just move around them while spinning, in fact they barely hit you at all, as seen by his second spin on that video. As long as there is SOME heal on the spin, which there appears to be, I don't think I'll need to cart around hundreds of potions to farm. Maybe I'll carry 75-100 pots instead of the 20ish I do now.
This is more in line with my thoughts, I know you can avoid damage by timing attacks and moving well on the classes I've gotten to 50+ (war, wiz, sorc, blader) but I don't yet have a zerker in that range so I can't say for certain. It does seem like zerker dodges just kinda shuffle to the left or right, compared to warrior/blader dodgeroll and wiz/sorc teleportation. Who knows how the patch will be applied anyway, we could have something completely different from KR (tho that's not likely)

Skrigg

Golden Squire
When an item has PRI DUO TRI etc on it is that part of the enchantment level or something separate?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Ranger's, before they get mana on hit enchants or slow down their super fast kill abilities with the occasional left click for mana regen will use 80-100 mana pots every few hours.
No. Not even close. Even with an extraction gem, you're still chugging back 250 Large mana potions at the minimum for every full bow or offhand repair (which is about 40mins). You can extend this a little if you're at sausans by using blasting gust, but even that won't make it all that much better, you'll still end up killing way slower than you should be.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely triggered last night, Internet went out just as I summoned my first ancient relic scroll. Came back couldn't engage or anything. 2.5 mil down the tubes. I assume nothing I can do?

Zbkuk_sl

shitlord
Tested out the healspin nerf on my berserker. Everyone on the forums is shitting their pants, but if they actually play, it really isn't that big of a deal. Use evasion once in a while instead of face tanking everything and it is still plenty of healing to stay topped up while grinding. Not to mention they fucking added goddamn +20 pve AP, and 20% critical for 9 second self buffs to frenzied destroyer. That is absolutely insane, I am killing shit significantly faster because of that alone. The class is completely fine and I'm definitely going to keep pushing to 58 and more skill points to be even more prepared for the arm cannon.