Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

The new Nouver costume. Unfortunately, Conti failed to mention to get the costume once you've upgraded the armour to PEN is spending 15 billion silver on the 30 crystals you need for the turn in for the costume. Yeah, that means the costume costs 30 billion.
And it's 30 bil for each character. I hope you only wanted one! Costume isn't cool enough for me to want to pursue it, especially since it's locked behind bosses.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
That is insane. That is what, a full Blue Carrok upgrade or almost three dream horses? It is a cool costume and would be fun to make, but 30B is an insane amount of money. Are they just going for the full PEN lvl 63s?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That is insane. That is what, a full Blue Carrok upgrade or almost three dream horses? It is a cool costume and would be fun to make, but 30B is an insane amount of money. Are they just going for the full PEN lvl 63s?
Honestly, I don't really have a problem with 30B in cost. I can make 1B+/day if I go full tryhard. The issue I have is that it's gated behind fucking boss content, which is giga retarded. Locking things behind specific spawn times and forcing content to become "chorelike" is one of my largest complaints of PA's game design.

Again, I don't really have a major problem with the idea of rare costumes (La Orzeca outfit is great design) as a carrot to pursue when your gear upgrades are measured in months, but the way they gated this one is ridiculous.

Last edited:

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Honestly, I don't really have a problem with 30B in cost. I can make 1B+/day if I go full tryhard. The issue I have is that it's gated behind fucking boss content, which is giga retarded. Locking things behind specific spawn times and forcing content to become "chorelike" is one of my largest complaints of PA's game design.

Again, I don't really have a major problem with the idea of rare costumes (La Orzeca outfit is great design) as a carrot to pursue when your gear upgrades are measured in months, but the way they gated this one is ridiculous.
Dumb question but what are you doing to make 1Bil a day? I’ve only got limited time right now. So my silver had dropped. I’m trying to figure out what to do for a consistent $$ flow. Are you mostly grinding?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dumb question but what are you doing to make 1Bil a day? I’ve only got limited time right now. So my silver had dropped. I’m trying to figure out what to do for a consistent $$ flow. Are you mostly grinding?
If you have the gear, you could probably make that at the various Elvia grind spots in a day, if you sell everything. I believe some people with the right Sailing/Bartering setup can make that much, or close to it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well depends heavily on where you are gear wise. A Manos gatherer will make like 600m with 400-450 energy iirc and a PEN geared combat classes can pull 300-400m per hour in Elvia. But if you aren't geared, it gets a lot slower.

For passive/semi passive income, you have fishing/processing when afk(pretty shit value but like 5m an hour maybe?), farm when semi active(about 15m per round, rounds are 2h30 on fast crops like dry grass, so if you can log in to check your farm frequently during the day, you could make 100m a day just from that), worker empire with packing crates then trading them with valencia buff is also similar and requires less work day to day but requires a lot longer setup(need to roll artisans with the right skills) and a lot more CP. Bartering when fully invested can be nice semi afk money, but takes months to get there. Imperial cookboxes are about 40m a day at professional, and about 80m a day at Guru(iirc), takes some time to find a place to turn in that's not sold out though especially at Guru level and need some setup for it but overall it a lot easier than the other stuff.

After that it's mostly the active farming stuff, gathering even with TRI logos stuff is like 150m for 400 energy and grinding mobs is profitable regardless of where you grind especially if you're going for raw gold. For example since I was keeping track, with my oasis geared Guardian farming Blood Wolves was about 70-80m per hour, assuming selling everything(including caphras and converting to caphras and all). The higher you're geared the more money you can make especially if you're selling everything. Even at TER gear you should be able to pull 150-200m an hour.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, I have a 340CP worker empire that probably brings in 15-20ish mil/day, my farms are around 40m, and cooking right around 70m/day with just buying meals and converting. I haven't even bothered with fishing, ever since I could farm spots worth 100m+/hour - in fact, now that you basically get almost free TET boss gear with Narcillian, you can pretty much farm those types of spots right out of the gate. So, I generate around 120-130m a day just in passive income.

From there, it's just about how badly I want to tryhard at Elvia, Sycraia, Star's End, etc. In the case of Star's End, a lot of the income depends on luck. Some hours are around 100m, other hours you can get a lucky streak and pull 300-500m. I usually mix my spots up so that I don't want to blow my brains out and end up hating the spot (I did this with Ronaros farming for the infinite pot - still can't farm there to this day). So, I'll do something like farm Bloody Monastery for 2-3 hours a day for 4 or 5 days, then on the weekend I might go balls deep in a spot like Star's End and just farm it for 4-5 hours each day on Saturday and Sunday. The following week I might go Star's End for an hour or two a day, then hit up Orcs really hard on the weekend. Shit like that like.

Lifeskilling is kind of a waste of time, in my opinion. With Elvia spots, you just can't compete on silver/hour anymore, even at PEN Manos mastery. Even prior to Elvia, grinding spots like Syrcraia and Star's End were right about even/slightly ahead and they weren't limited by energy, nor did they require the time investment of gathering knowledge to bump up your energy pool. I used to recommend people with low gear score rush to TET: Loggia and start farming silver for gear that way, but now that you're almost handed TET boss gear after questing, I can't even really do that. Sure, you can make more lifeskilling than Narcillian gear, but all that money you spent on Manos accessories, you could've instead invested into TET/PEN boss gear and farm even more silver/hour. Plus, fully investing in lifeskilling means you're going to have to neglect your grinding gear while you tier up on Manos. Sure, that's fine for when you're sitting at 650+ GS and it'll take you 1-2 months to get an accessory from TET to PEN, but if you do it early on, your ability to grind will suffer.

Lifeskilling is really only something I'd recommend if you just absolutely love the simplicity/"chill" factor of it and in that case I'd do it on a Shai that never levels above 49.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, you making a billion a day, or a billion a week? on average.
Depends on how much you want to grind, plus whatever other daily income you can get passively. If you can grind the higher end spots for several hours a day, you can hit 1b/day. When I was logging in each day, or keeping the client running while at work, my worker empire would make quite a lot each week in addition to Imperial Box turn ins and grinding for an hour with Agris somewhere each day. This would easily make 1b/wk, not including drops from Rift Bosses / Field Bosses / Events.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So, a billion a day is 6-8 hours high-end (Elvia, UW, SE) with a little wiggle room for drops. A billion a week is 1-2 hours a day, doing basically anything that isn't pot piece grinding.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I should add: I started playing again (and restarted from scratch) 6 months ago on the SEA server. I've got a bunch of 61 alts, one that is Guru 2 cooking, Master 2 Gathering and Master 23 Fishing. My combat main is a 62 Hashashin, 273ap and 320 dp. I billion a week sounds great when you're just starting out, but if you're at the same level or greater than me, 1 billion a week is fucking terrible. At best, that kind of income would see me buy 2 PEN (armour, I need 2-3 at 20-26 bill a pop) items in a year.

I've had some good weeks where stuff actually dropped, and got close to a billion in the day, but I can't keep that up forever grinding 7 hours a day.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Elvia orcs is reportedly 300-400m per hour, seen several videos showing drops and stuff. Other places aren't as good though, but you should still be making like 200m an hour on high end spots on average, so that's about 5hours, but can probably get 150-200m a day doing passive/semi passive activities like cooking boxes and farming.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, a billion a day is 6-8 hours high-end (Elvia, UW, SE) with a little wiggle room for drops. A billion a week is 1-2 hours a day, doing basically anything that isn't pot piece grinding.
If it's taking you 8 hours of grinding to reach 1b, you need better gear, better combos, or a better class.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I should add: I started playing again (and restarted from scratch) 6 months ago on the SEA server. I've got a bunch of 61 alts, one that is Guru 2 cooking, Master 2 Gathering and Master 23 Fishing. My combat main is a 62 Hashashin, 273ap and 320 dp. I billion a week sounds great when you're just starting out, but if you're at the same level or greater than me, 1 billion a week is fucking terrible. At best, that kind of income would see me buy 2 PEN (armour, I need 2-3 at 20-26 bill a pop) items in a year.

I've had some good weeks where stuff actually dropped, and got close to a billion in the day, but I can't keep that up forever grinding 7 hours a day.
Pretty much. That is why I felt getting blackstar armor/weapons was the most efficient path for me and my casual play. I only have 3 upgrades to work towards at the moment; two TET Distos and a Garmoth Heart. The disto's will tank my DP a bit, but they should put me in the 281 bracket.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Server clusters can also change what potential money you can be expected to make as well. SEA is... kinda fucked for two reasons.

chans.png

... and there's the rampant "piloting", paying someone to grind on your account for 2-3 dollars an hour. Which means high end spots are perma camped. With the extremely low channel count, there's quite often no place to grind. There's always constant harassment at the spots as well, either PK or just straight people grinding over the top of you. Inflation is the next biggest problem with PENs going for 20-26 billion.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, this is weird:

Also, possible new class coming with the "New Tide" update this summer could be a Pirate.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Server clusters can also change what potential money you can be expected to make as well. SEA is... kinda fucked for two reasons.

View attachment 356690

... and there's the rampant "piloting", paying someone to grind on your account for 2-3 dollars an hour. Which means high end spots are perma camped. With the extremely low channel count, there's quite often no place to grind. There's always constant harassment at the spots as well, either PK or just straight people grinding over the top of you. Inflation is the next biggest problem with PENs going for 20-26 billion.
Did you all notice for a while all the Caphras stones were out of the market on Saturday. Not for long, but is has been a while since I've seen that.

How do the new Elvia areas compare to Hysteria? I dont have quite enough DP for Elvia (my armor is cursed) so I've been doing Hysteria. So far it was been deserted. Aakman and Hysteria actually.