Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But I bet there STILL will be people who bitch, "I didnt know!!!"
Yeah, my buddy said he's "NEVER RETURNING BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T INFORM HIM!!". My brain almost exploded at how dumb that statement was. My response was, "You're a fucking retard".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice job on the TET Blackstars. What failstacks (rough) did you hit them on?
Gloves were the worst, if I recall it popped on 215-ish. All the others were below 180, with the BS mainhand going at 124.

Edit: Most of those failstacks were built off PEN attempts on red nose / dim tree.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Did you cron the pen attempts? I’m still frigging nervous to start pen attempts without crons. I’m more pve and life skills so I don’t really need them (can do aakman and hysterical with tet) - but it would be nice.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you cron the pen attempts? I’m still frigging nervous to start pen attempts without crons. I’m more pve and life skills so I don’t really need them (can do aakman and hysterical with tet) - but it would be nice.
Nope, the pen attempts were simply to make fs for the tet bs attempt (which were cronned). My current situation kinda sucks, I have 4 pieces of boss gear at TRI, but no stacks high enough for a tet attempt (65+), but lots of 40 and below, with a 134 waiting for my bs helm.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The new "dungeon" will be coming out in KR on June 4th, and I'm really curious to see how it actually plays out. It will have an Elvia version (280ap/340dp) and a Normal version (250ap/310dp-ish) for a party of 5... but that doesn't quite match what they said last winter. Based on how they described it last winter, I thought it was going to a huge new open dungeon like Hysteria with "rooms" designed for groups of 3-5 people, with each area having mechanics that could be used to spawn bosses (mini boss / big boss).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You really shouldn't be cronning PEN attempts, honestly. The cron cost is way too large and it doesn't build your FS. I don't even cron my TET attempts for BS, because of the cron cost. I only cron to get it back to TRI.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Finally got around to moving my account over to the new publisher. Thinking about starting this up again on my new PC. My highest toon is a 27 hunter. I don't recall putting much time/$$$ into this, so I may start over from scratch. Any good leveling/gearing guides out there these days?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got around to moving my account over to the new publisher. Thinking about starting this up again on my new PC. My highest toon is a 27 hunter. I don't recall putting much time/$$$ into this, so I may start over from scratch. Any good leveling/gearing guides out there these days?
Do the main quest (Black Spirit ones
1621758100772.png
) which will get you around lvl 57, then follow this one:

57to61map-min.png

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Thanks. Will look into it. I vaguely remember being in some sort of seaside area and people were getting boats. Is the PVP consensual or griefing?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks. Will look into it. I vaguely remember being in some sort of seaside area and people were getting boats. Is the PVP consensual or griefing?
Anyone can flag and attack you, assuming you're not on Olvia servers(returning/new players only, but there's some family lvl limit for returning players that's really easy to be above, if you have access though it has bonus xp and no pvp so it's nice).

And leveling I'd say there's a few ways to go about it, cause the main quest goes into pretty high geared areas so I'd recommend doing the first one all the way, ends in calpheon(the 2nd time) at around lvl 49-50 or so on Olvia servers, then grinding to 56 with an xp scroll, takes like 40-50mins or so, and then you can get oasis gear and keep doing the quests and stuff a lot more easily. I guess if you convert your Naru gear(stuff you get from the main quest) to Narchillian(high lvl nice starting gear) it's not needed, but Narchillian is once per account only so converting weapons then figuring out you don't like the class you picked kinda sucks, while Oasis is free until they turn off the event.

Also before you do the 56+ questing stuff, it's recommended you do the Chenga tome questline. It's long and requires a bunch of energy(170 iirc), but it gives an item that increases xp rewards from quests by 30%, which speeds up the leveling after that(and you can swap it around to other chars too).

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does the update with the pve dungeons look? Lack of pve was why I quit this years ago. On the ‘plus’ side it sounds like I can just pay my way and make up for it

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I played this very little when it came out with a few friends but we quickly went back to whatever we were playing. Kind of at a lull with WoW until 9.1 and Valheim atm. How is this game for a new player? How is the game overall? Any comparisons? Does is play like a Lineage 2 or is it akin to EQ2 or WoW?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does the update with the pve dungeons look? Lack of pve was why I quit this years ago. On the ‘plus’ side it sounds like I can just pay my way and make up for it
Lack of pve? When did you last play, 2016? The BDO reddit has been going on about the lack of pve group content and I just laugh. It is there if you have people who want to do it with you, it just that most people like to solo since its efficient. The Atoraxxion update hits KR first in June, so we'll know what the dev's have done.... but do NOT expect it do be anything like a WoW dungeon. Here is a list of party content that I can think of which is available currently:

Valtarra (scroll event / weekly)
Dark Rift (instanced horde mode with guns and stuff)
Altar of Blood (instanced horde mode)
Mirumok Ruins (best xp in the game, solo, 3-man, 5-man)
Gyfin Temple (3-5 man area)
Adandoned Monastery (duo spot)
Padix Island (duo spot)
Turos (duo spot)
Elvia Altar Imps (duo spot)
Elvia Castle Ruins (3-man)
Oluns (3-man)

... every single grind spot in the game. Group up, set loot rules however you want and kill shit with your friends.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played this very little when it came out with a few friends but we quickly went back to whatever we were playing. Kind of at a lull with WoW until 9.1 and Valheim atm. How is this game for a new player? How is the game overall? Any comparisons? Does is play like a Lineage 2 or is it akin to EQ2 or WoW?
Its like none of the games listed. It has never been as good to new players as it is now, though its a bit less so without the Seasons. There is no tab targetting, and few skills that can be used as a hotkey. The majority of your skills be key combos like Shift+LMB, S+RMB, S+F, etc. Amazing combat if you find a class that clicks with you. Has pretty much the best Lifeskill system of any mmo, imo. Someone else can probably give you a better comparison of BDO vs. the rest. It also has the best T&A of any mmo.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I would say it doesn’t really compare to the other MMO’s out there. The combat is like Vindictus more than the old tab/attack/hot bar games like EQ2. The world in terms of size and content is more like UO or Asheron’a call. You are free to roam and harvest wherever you want with no “set” area.
Life skills are massive, you could level up and never do pve if you wanted

the game is easy to level to 56, almost too easy now. Armor and specialized weapons are not really needed until 56. Seasons have you huge perks in terms of enchanting bonuses, but you don’t really need them to play the game. You get so much free stuff now, with the codes everyday that you should be able to progress easily to 56-59 with no problems .
It’s a great game, just for the freedom it gives you alone

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bdo has a ton of PvE content, way more than most people can realistically do. But it's not your traditional mmo with group dungeons and raids, etc.. If your main mmo game reference is WoW then BDO will feel quite alien.

BDO has quests and you can grind mobs for xp. But that is a minor portion of what can be done in the game. And although the combat is arguably one of BDO's best features, there are a lot of players who just do life skills and nothing else.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
again havent played in awhile, but my understanding was the pve was just for the sake of grinding to gear yourself for pvp. is that not the case anymore? i thought in this patch theyre starting to add pve 'endgame' ie something youre doing instead of pvp once u have a powerful character (kind of like 8 man savage in ffxiv etc)

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
again havent played in awhile, but my understanding was the pve was just for the sake of grinding to gear yourself for pvp. is that not the case anymore? i thought in this patch theyre starting to add pve 'endgame' ie something youre doing instead of pvp once u have a powerful character (kind of like 8 man savage in ffxiv etc)
I would say the majority of PVE is to get silver/hr for gear. The PVE silver progression in BDO is still unlike anything I've played before. Quantity of kills is still better than quality of kills for silver per hour. If you can one hit Pila mobs, its better than multiple hit kills in Hysteria even though you might be level 61-2. That is the current thought process when you see reviews of the game.
However you can play whatever way you want. I am currently 254 AP Guardian at Aakman and having a great time. The silver and Tungard earrings make it worth it to me, especially with all the loot scrolls you can get free from the game.
End game raid content is scarce. If you can get a good team, Altar of Blood etc are great ways to play in BDO. I would say give it a try, it isnt quite as PVP focused as it used to be. I never PVP and I've been ganked maybe four times, and once was a mistake

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PA is changing large scale pvp a lot this year, and no one really knows how that will turn out. At present, all the action for group pvp takes place in T1 Node Wars, which I believe are AP capped at 250, so pretty much anyone who wants to jump into that can do so. I would say that endgame in BDO isn't specifically PvP, rather its a gear chase which takes a lot of silver (whether you buy stuff or recover from failures).

That is the goal, to get as much silver as you can in whatever way you find fun. The grind spots support this in that you'll need higher AP/DP to grind in the more rewarding spots. We're not sure what this new area/dungeon/activity, Atoraxxion, will turn out to be. I think it will be a large area that can support groups of various sizes that has mechanics to deal with in order to spawn bosses.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

The new Nouver costume. Unfortunately, Conti failed to mention to get the costume once you've upgraded the armour to PEN is spending 15 billion silver on the 30 crystals you need for the turn in for the costume. Yeah, that means the costume costs 30 billion.