Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Went with Diné since I sometimes like to grind in Valencia spots oddly enough and the water walking will be nice if I ever get off my ass for T10. Also, I play a Lahn so yeeting myself off shit isn't something I need a horse for.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I went with a male doom since I have a female already (and a female arduanatt but I figured i'd go doom for whenever t10 doom comes out, and by go for it I mean super casually without ever really caring, assuming I can get the mats without dealing with hassles). I always just autopath and tab to youtube/whatever else while my char runs to grind spots.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm way too lazy for boss alts, I just run to them if I actually get an urge to fight them if i'm even playing when they spawn.

On an unrelated note, spent a few hours at blood wolves today and got 1 whole pity piece. That's even worse than my usual rng, lol. Think i'm going back to not even bothering especially since I only even made a season char for the mount coupons in the first place.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm way too lazy for boss alts, I just run to them if I actually get an urge to fight them if i'm even playing when they spawn.

On an unrelated note, spent a few hours at blood wolves today and got 1 whole pity piece. That's even worse than my usual rng, lol. Think i'm going back to not even bothering especially since I only even made a season char for the mount coupons in the first place.
Really, really depends on the rotation you did. I did a small, densely rotation that most ppl didn't bother with, averaged 5/hr with 250%+ Item Drop. Got a lot of those from Afaru as well.

Here is the spot I did, never needed to use a movement skill on my Witch, simply sprinting between packs was enough that mobs were usually respawned (there is a variation to their timers) as I got to them:

bldwlfrot.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Really, really depends on the rotation you did. I did a small, densely rotation that most ppl didn't bother with, averaged 5/hr with 250%+ Item Drop. Got a lot of those from Afaru as well.

Here is the spot I did, never needed to use a movement skill on my Witch, simply sprinting between packs was enough that mobs were usually respawned (there is a variation to their timers) as I got to them:

View attachment 481469
Optimal blood wolves rotation is near the node manager area. I can show somebody if they want. There are actually 2 rotations you can pull off there if somebody has it camped, but it rarely is. Plus, you only need 1 piece now to get the noobie pots, 2 for the slightly less noobie pot, and 3 for the real deal. Pot grinds are so much easier than back when I did it. I might actually grind pots occasionally once they become sellable. I'm only a Ronaros piece away from a 2nd HP pot.

Also, the drop event is going on right now with +50% item drop (until July 19th, so I'd take advantage asap). Also, the alternate drop locations for the pot pieces, compass, and map are active. Which is a godsend for the Ronaros piece because Ronaros is absolute dogshit money and Crescents is at least decentish with the ring drops. Cadry is also arguably better than BWs as well, but I fucking hate grinding Cadry compared to BW as Cadry has horrible layouts. Plus, BWs isn't bad money wise anymore because of the Dark Fang crystal drops. If you don't get good RNG with Kagtunak's though, the trash loot is pretty shit compared to Cadry.

Protty is pretty even with Sherekhan's money wise and it's really just preference on which you prefer to grind. Protty has pretty decent skill/exp if I remember right though, but I definitely like grinding Sherekhan's better due to how massive that area is. There are like 20 rotations there, I swear.

I don't know shit about the MP pot and I doubt I'll ever grind it because I can't be bothered to fuck with gathering in the game at all. I'll just buy one once they become sellable. So, I don't have much knowledge on whether or not the alternate spots are useful. I know Manshaum's has always been a decent grind spot with solid silver/hour results but I've never fucked with the rest.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sherekhan night with agris was way better than day for me, pretty decent silver and more pot pieces per hour.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno why people like protty so much. I tried it out last season when I played (spring season) and still found it to be garbage, exp wise and money wise. Only way I could see it being remotely decent money is if you get hard rng carried on the red shards or black whichever it drops that is worth the big money (and I got one total in multiple hours lol). The exp was terrible pre-61 and for 61-62 I think it was maybe roughly equal to trees exp but massively less silver than trees.

For blood wolves I always do one of two rotations, either one at the base of the mountain near the node manager or the big one that is around the corner to the right (and can really be 2 rotations but people just pvp anyone they see there even if they can't come close to clearing the entire area).

Used up all my rng on the pen blackstar. Failed 13 pen griffons with all the crons I had the other day and one attempt without crons (need to melt a tri anyways for pen jetina) on a 168 stack and then today failed 5 or 6 pen bhegs attempts on the 174 stack that it turned in to with the new set of crons we got.

Tried out elvia fogans with my gear copied onto my maegu since I had to do the awakening quest and I've concluded that I must be doing something wrong because it didn't feel op at all, just felt worse than my succ nova like almost every other class does. Same or worse damage and way less survivable.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I dunno why people like protty so much. I tried it out last season when I played (spring season) and still found it to be garbage, exp wise and money wise. Only way I could see it being remotely decent money is if you get hard rng carried on the red shards or black whichever it drops that is worth the big money (and I got one total in multiple hours lol). The exp was terrible pre-61 and for 61-62 I think it was maybe roughly equal to trees exp but massively less silver than trees.

For blood wolves I always do one of two rotations, either one at the base of the mountain near the node manager or the big one that is around the corner to the right (and can really be 2 rotations but people just pvp anyone they see there even if they can't come close to clearing the entire area).

Used up all my rng on the pen blackstar. Failed 13 pen griffons with all the crons I had the other day and one attempt without crons (need to melt a tri anyways for pen jetina) on a 168 stack and then today failed 5 or 6 pen bhegs attempts on the 174 stack that it turned in to with the new set of crons we got.

Tried out elvia fogans with my gear copied onto my maegu since I had to do the awakening quest and I've concluded that I must be doing something wrong because it didn't feel op at all, just felt worse than my succ nova like almost every other class does. Same or worse damage and way less survivable.
Succ nova is literally the worst grinder in the game. So, if you pull more trash/hour than a copied maegu you were definitely doing something wrong. Bad combos, bad crystals, something..

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, I dunno, everyone says succ nova is horrible and has been for a long time but I do just as good with her or better than any class i've played, especially at harder spots, because I don't get randomly 1shot or dropped to 5% hp and then have to run around like a madman while I pot up.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I dunno, everyone says succ nova is horrible and has been for a long time but I do just as good with her or better than any class i've played, especially at harder spots, because I don't get randomly 1shot or dropped to 5% hp and then have to run around like a madman while I pot up.
Well, she pulls the lowest trash numbers at all the mid-game and late-game spots which is all backed up by real data. The thing is though, even if your class isn't a good performer but you're comfortable with it, it's going to go a lot further than a class you don't enjoy/gel with. I played Awake Guardian for a long time while she was very mid just because she felt so comfy at the time compared to my Striker.

That said, PvE balance is arguably the best it has ever been. There are some outlier classes that pull WAY more trash than they should relative to their difficulty to play like Maegu, Woosa, and Succ Zerker. And there are some that are way too low like Succ Nova, Succ Drak, but otherwise the game is in a REALLY good spot PvE wise. The gap between the "best" trash and "worst" trash is fairly minimal. And even classes like Succ Ninja or Awake Nova pulling crazy trash numbers I'm 100% fine with because of the APM intensity on those classes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not really liking awakening maegu so far. The attacks are just so narrow, 60 degree cone in front or limited. Probably great for spots if things are clumped or bosses. The only fun part of it is that the animations are quick, it moves fast between mobs and packs etc.

Probably go back to succ though, was a lot more comfortable, even if some of the attacks are more drawn out.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, she pulls the lowest trash numbers at all the mid-game and late-game spots which is all backed up by real data. The thing is though, even if your class isn't a good performer but you're comfortable with it, it's going to go a lot further than a class you don't enjoy/gel with. I played Awake Guardian for a long time while she was very mid just because she felt so comfy at the time compared to my Striker.

That said, PvE balance is arguably the best it has ever been. There are some outlier classes that pull WAY more trash than they should relative to their difficulty to play like Maegu, Woosa, and Succ Zerker. And there are some that are way too low like Succ Nova, Succ Drak, but otherwise the game is in a REALLY good spot PvE wise. The gap between the "best" trash and "worst" trash is fairly minimal. And even classes like Succ Ninja or Awake Nova pulling crazy trash numbers I'm 100% fine with because of the APM intensity on those classes.

Succ DK feels so nice after the buffs we just got, our magnus skill is useful now plus more damage on our skills. I agree they've been doing a really good job overall balancing the game, Maegu and Woosa get a pass because they're the new hot thing, they'll be brought in line. Succ zerker I don't know what to say, they baby that class (that's why I made one for this season lol, and ya its pretty fun).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Failed another 10 or 11 pen bheg today after using the dark hungers to get a 215stack so selling them as tri now after raw tapping one. Might just sell my 4k caphras and buy a pair. 0/26 between those and griffin the other day, good times.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Failed another 10 or 11 pen bheg today after using the dark hungers to get a 215stack so selling them as tri now after raw tapping one. Might just sell my 4k caphras and buy a pair. 0/26 between those and griffin the other day, good times.
I'm assuming you finished the Magnus main story line and used the PEN box for something else?

But yea, buying PEN boss gear is pretty cheap, just be patient. These days the only PEN attempt you should be tapping are Weapons or Accs, imo. Keep those Caphras though since you'd need them anyway. Grind Elvia Saunils or Rhutums for silver and Despairs. Win.

This free T9 we got is pretty fucking nice, might be the best gift PA has given the playerbase, imo. Also, learned yesterday that they lowered the Auto Sprint requirement for mounts down to Professional 1, I appreciate that even though I was almost at Professional 10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I did magnus this morning. I reformed red nose through jetina the other day, and have griffon at reform 4 with a tri helm in the bank just need the memory frags etc for last upgrade. Got urugons from magnus and spammed all the pen attempts on the bhegs to get full pen boss armor. I did sell the caphras since fallen gods stuff isn't really something i'm thinking about and honestly I can probably grind the 30b to buy it in the same time it'd take to grind the 7300 caphras and flame, and bought the pen bhegs with the silver.

Watched the video on succ nova buffs and I dunno how I feel about it eating mana instead of hp since mana sustain is more annoying on my nova than hp sustain was. Only half paid attention to the rest of the changes, will have to see how it actually plays out. Decided to be a follower and tag my zerker so got a few hours at trees to do now to get him up from level 60.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Why would you invest that kind of cash into the cron attempts and then raw tap it? Tilted?