Black Desert

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
It ends up being worth it in the end. Now that you are at 3,000 trades the brilliants will stack up quick. Like Gravel said, just keep doing what you are doing. Lots of mats show up around Illya so it won’t be too painful

I always had one boat stationed at black rusts and an alt to pick up/turn in the dailies for Tears of the Ocean. You can fish them too, I’ve heard good and bad for that
But the pearls and ingots will go quick. Then remember green gear is 10,000 sea coins per piece, so make sure you get some. I ignored the coins and now I have to get them

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Free storage maid if you have Twitch Prime just went out today FYI.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any idea if individual pieces/pity pieces are sellable also or just the full pots?
Just full pots.

Also, the Node Investment update is very nice. When you click the button to invest, it brings up a window with all your characters listed. Pick one to use their energy, one after the other. I like it.

Edit: Looks like we're not getting the full Marni Realm updates. We get the changes to mob placement / density at various spots, but not the amount of time per day.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got 20k/hr trash at Primal Giants this morning. Not sure how some awakening witches are apparently pulling 30k+, since the I was nearly overclearing without Elvia buff (7 packs). Going to try and make a Human damage lightstone set, but Blights seem to be perma sold out atm. It is certainly better than before, enough so that I'll probably grind there vs Gahaz (off season at least).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Got 20k/hr trash at Primal Giants this morning. Not sure how some awakening witches are apparently pulling 30k+, since the I was nearly overclearing without Elvia buff (7 packs). Going to try and make a Human damage lightstone set, but Blights seem to be perma sold out atm. It is certainly better than before, enough so that I'll probably grind there vs Gahaz (off season at least).
And to think that the KR version of Giants was originally 3-5 trash/per vs. the 2-4 version we got.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of KR, was reading that the infinite HP pot price cratered to like 9b. Mana pot still up near max.
Yeah, HP is unlikely to sit at cap price but I expect MP to remain in demand because nobody wants to grind Tshira or Navarn.

I also think the price is steadily going to increase once the influx of "supply" gets sold off. A lot of people did the grind for multiple pots before the whole family inventory thing.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of KR, was reading that the infinite HP pot price cratered to like 9b. Mana pot still up near max.

Wouldn't surprise me at the start, as people undercut to sell to sell the ones they have been saving for years.

Give it a few months, then the surplus is gone and its just the ones people finish as they get it, price will probably go up. 20b seems a lot, but for the hours put in for some of those pieces, its a huge time saver. Especially as those spots are usually bad money.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'll need to see the actual patch see if there's any changes or what, in my situation this is kinda bad I rolled a class I wasn't too interested in to do the 1-20 grind on current season and claimed rewards expecting I'd be able to claim rewards in september again so it pretty much sucks for me if it's just the current season extended.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, we'll see if they add in another Pass during this extension, if they do not... sucks for everyone who hadn't graduated yet. If they do...very nice.

I still would like PA to invest time into making a Season themed, but I can understand doing so would take a lot of work.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I wonder what they plan on changing about seasons for the future. That's pretty intriguing and I'm assuming they'll announce something at the Calpheon Ball regarding it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well the "nice" way to do it would be to just have everyone have their own season timer. You start a new char as seasonal, it starts the 3months timer, for the next 3months you can play like a normal season, buy a season pass, have objectives and so on. After 3months are done, your char is automatically graduated, and you can make another instantly with no downtime. The issue is I don't feel this is something that'd be easy to make and would potentially cause issues. Like a lot of work for essentially the same thing as the current system other than the few times when people want to start playing but a season is about to end and instead of to wait a few weeks.

They could remove the whole concept of seasons too, and just have people able to play season servers for 3months on a new char then out, without any of the side things. It would reduce their income from timepiece alts and season pass though, but I guess they could make a generic seasonal battle pass thing instead of season only since that's what every game does more or less, and for timepiece they could make it a reward tied to monthly(weekly?) quests to simulate the same thing.

Some ppl have been saying that once they have final boots, they might shake up things a lot for the "baseline" of player power since the high end slots are so high, so reworking season to provide better baseline gear and rescale stuff sounds like it could be a good enough reason to stop the current system. Not sure why they don't just run another season though instead of prolonging this one if that's the case.

Anyway guess we'll have to wait next week, bit weird to announce this thing without a proper post about why it's being changed, but I guess they wanted that news out for the new players who want to join but might be waiting on next season cause this one was ending in 2weeks.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well the "nice" way to do it would be to just have everyone have their own season timer. You start a new char as seasonal, it starts the 3months timer, for the next 3months you can play like a normal season, buy a season pass, have objectives and so on. After 3months are done, your char is automatically graduated, and you can make another instantly with no downtime. The issue is I don't feel this is something that'd be easy to make and would potentially cause issues. Like a lot of work for essentially the same thing as the current system other than the few times when people want to start playing but a season is about to end and instead of to wait a few weeks.

They could remove the whole concept of seasons too, and just have people able to play season servers for 3months on a new char then out, without any of the side things. It would reduce their income from timepiece alts and season pass though, but I guess they could make a generic seasonal battle pass thing instead of season only since that's what every game does more or less, and for timepiece they could make it a reward tied to monthly(weekly?) quests to simulate the same thing.

Some ppl have been saying that once they have final boots, they might shake up things a lot for the "baseline" of player power since the high end slots are so high, so reworking season to provide better baseline gear and rescale stuff sounds like it could be a good enough reason to stop the current system. Not sure why they don't just run another season though instead of prolonging this one if that's the case.

Anyway guess we'll have to wait next week, bit weird to announce this thing without a proper post about why it's being changed, but I guess they wanted that news out for the new players who want to join but might be waiting on next season cause this one was ending in 2weeks.
Eh, depending on how much they increase "baseline", I'd be pretty opposed. Not that I want to fuck new players but at the same time there needs to be something to grind for. I think with TET Boss Gear, Jetina quests, etc. and "low end" spots like Gahaz and Centaurs, you have plenty of ways to catch up/make solid money, plus being able to mix in some solid "mid game" spots relatively quickly.

If they start you at like Orcs level straight out of the gate, that's roughly end game money/grind spots, which I dunno..just feels off.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Eh, depending on how much they increase "baseline", I'd be pretty opposed. Not that I want to fuck new players but at the same time there needs to be something to grind for. I think with TET Boss Gear, Jetina quests, etc. and "low end" spots like Gahaz and Centaurs, you have plenty of ways to catch up/make solid money, plus being able to mix in some solid "mid game" spots relatively quickly.

If they start you at like Orcs level straight out of the gate, that's roughly end game money/grind spots, which I dunno..just feels off.
Yeah just saying that's what I've been seeing ppl say that it's been a while on the same system and they've done that before when they started giving out pen boss pieces from quests and pen capotia upgrades and all that. I think it wouldn't be like straight to 300AP or anything, but maybe another pen boss quest, or a tet desto equivalent or maybe making tet blackstar easier to make and so on, basically push up the baseline a bit higher, but still with a lot of stuff to farm.

As for orcs I think the idea is the new grind spots would be that much superior that orcs would become the new entry so it'd balance out I guess? Like if you make 1.8b in new spots or something, then fresh(relatively) players being at orcs isn't that much of an issue, probably.

Anyway was just stuff I read from people who assumed they were gonna do that in the next ~6months. I don't really care either way.

I just hope they let me switch my seasonal char without using my timepiece for now. Sucks I won't be able to get the 4th PEN Capotia though, was counting on that one during next season so I'd have neck+belt from season rewards and earring+ring from crystals and then then PEN jetina ring leaving only one earring slot to fill for minimal effort, but basically now need a ring too. Not a massive issue I guess.