Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just an FYI, but go with the most desired fairy skill first, because they get more expensive. So always start with Cheer V, and then work your way down the list.
I wanted both feathery steps and cheers though, so there was no specific order between the 2, I was gonna roll for both. The rest I don't care too much about, I'll just roll 5th skill if I don't get at least continuous care I or II before the end even if it's 5 orbs it should come out easily at that point since I'm not picky on the level, just want to be able to drink a couple of buff potions automatically, food I can click myself.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I did some Blood Wolf grinding last night just to see what it was about for inf pot. I wasn't prepared for the amount of weight from trash coming in. I know the horse trick, but about how many maids are people running so you don't need to do the horse trick?

I hit level 60 and did the family inventory quest. All of my Tuvala gear is Pen accept for two accessories, which are TRI. Should I be looking at farming another +AP to monsters artifact and then get an Iridescent? I haven't started Magus quest yet either, which I know is important. I will most likely start it this weekend.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I did some Blood Wolf grinding last night just to see what it was about for inf pot. I wasn't prepared for the amount of weight from trash coming in. I know the horse trick, but about how many maids are people running so you don't need to do the horse trick?

I hit level 60 and did the family inventory quest. All of my Tuvala gear is Pen accept for two accessories, which are TRI. Should I be looking at farming another +AP to monsters artifact and then get an Iridescent? I haven't started Magus quest yet either, which I know is important. I will most likely start it this weekend.
Maid amount would depend on how fast you're farming, with agris/yellow scroll or not and such. I'd assume you want at least 8 or so? And they'd have to be storage since you can't put trash in the warehouse with market maids. Might be less though I never really tried.

I do the horse trick because usually it's only like once every 30mins and doesn't break my rotation much, although I remember blood wolves being more trash than usual too but might have just been the chars I was running back then I haven't done wolf since last time I played a couple years back.

For the artifacts, just use whatever you have, you can remove them and it only costs like 2 or 5m or whatever, which is the price of a new lightstone are worst. Monster AP artifacts are a pain to farm so generally you'd just use specific AP(like magic or melee) until you get one. For lightstones personally I went with the cheap route, just 4x rage, it's a lot of AP and nothing else but costs nothing, good enough for early farming since you don't really need anything else.

Unrelated but season info is out in KR. For the most part it's the same stuff as expected, get tickets whenever new season starts, can keep playing season forever, ticket is consumed when you graduate. They're nerfing season upgrade materials to be worth 10k silver(so nothing) to prevent season farming being more efficient I guess, will be converting all current mats and refunding silver difference so nothing to do. No more timepiece for season, they are however switching tagging to share xp so you can just use your main to powerlvl your tagged char I guess but that sounds kinda pointless, but eh. Current timepiece will expire on december 27th so need to use it before that. KR apparently getting 2 season tickets for the launch of the new system, can assume we will also get that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bummer about the timepiece. Manually leveling all my alts is a bummer.

As far as trash, I basically never use maids. Just park the horse nearby and stack it. Even at Orcs running an agris coin and burning actual agris on top, it's usually only every 15 min or so. Although in fairness I think I have nearly 2k weight between base of about 1500, feathery steps V fairy, and two T4 weight pets.

I wouldn't worry too much about the artifacts. Use four rage to start with and spend your money on something more impactful than an iridescent. Crystals are often overlooked but make such a drastic difference that you shouldn't ignore them. I overlook them myself. Been putting off the last few for a while because they're so expensive (two Ah'krad and two Rebellious, for like 5b total, plus the Girin). Got the Ah'krad's and one Rebellious, and threw in my T1 Girin and I was shocked at how much more damage I'm doing.

The other day I found a section in the Lahn discord for trash submissions, and it made me kind of sad about how much I suck. Lots of people with like 270-280 AP doing 27-30k trash at Orcs. Meanwhile I'm at 292 and i don't even get close. Although most of my hours are from lower AP, the best I think I got was like 23k (topped out at 39k). All my most recent ones have been with agris coin. Decided to run Orcs last night without any agris at all. We had a power outage which kind of fucked it up, but I finished when it came back on, ran the extra 5 min of Marni, and still only got 25k. I have no idea how people are doing so much better than me. With the weapon, I mentioned I'm almost overclearing. And with the new crystals I can basically do half a combo to clear a pack (F, S+F, or just a LMB+RMB kills most packs). My movement between packs is pretty fast compared to videos I see.

Makes me wonder if people are either bullshitting, or just posting ones where they had crazy luck on Org's or something.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unrelated but season info is out in KR. For the most part it's the same stuff as expected, get tickets whenever new season starts, can keep playing season forever, ticket is consumed when you graduate. They're nerfing season upgrade materials to be worth 10k silver(so nothing) to prevent season farming being more efficient I guess, will be converting all current mats and refunding silver difference so nothing to do. No more timepiece for season, they are however switching tagging to share xp so you can just use your main to powerlvl your tagged char I guess but that sounds kinda pointless, but eh. Current timepiece will expire on december 27th so need to use it before that. KR apparently getting 2 season tickets for the launch of the new system, can assume we will also get that.

Damn that doesn't sound exciting at all. No news on new season rewards or grad rewards? Shame about time peice.

Curious how this will turn out, seasons tended to bring a heavy influx of players every start. Now it will just be something on forever. Are they going to try something to keep people in at a more steady pace over time, introduce something new to draw players back in? I guess time will tell.

If I was a cynical person, I would see this change as being way for them to just not have to work on any new season stuff again. Set it all up once and done.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damn that doesn't sound exciting at all. No news on new season rewards or grad rewards? Shame about time peice.

Curious how this will turn out, seasons tended to bring a heavy influx of players every start. Now it will just be something on forever. Are they going to try something to keep people in at a more steady pace over time, introduce something new to draw players back in? I guess time will tell.

If I was a cynical person, I would see this change as being way for them to just not have to work on any new season stuff again. Set it all up once and done.
Well people will still flock to season when a new pass is given to grab the rewards. They did sneak peek the final reward for next season being a +150 valk. They didn't give details on the new season pass system though, only that you apparently get coins and can buy stuff from a shop presumably and the current season achievements(1st time completion of dungeons, reaching x levels and such that were challenges) are integrated to the season pass. I guess they'll make another post about the season pass, since it also pertains to selling more passes.

The graduation reward that gives gear(PEN capotia stuff) seems to still be in from the FAQ at the bottom of the page. So can still get these too.

The actual link too forgot to post earlier in case someone wants to double check [GM노트] 365일 내내, 새로워진 시즌에서! | 검은사막 한국

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Makes me wonder if people are either bullshitting
it's almost always this. The only other thing that sometimes happens is that people forget to "switch" their class. So, maybe they did those numbers on an awakening Nova for instance, but never swapped it off of "Lahn" for their class.

If I'm new to a grind area, I typically watch a class video at that specific spot. And only videos that are an entire hour. The whole 3-5 minute videos going over the rotation don't show you shit. What about when you forget a cooldown? What about when your movement overshoots a pack? All those factor into trash that a 5 minute perfect video doesn't account for.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I decided to try to level up some alts with this 1 Marni fuel thing. Went with striker first, and did Biraghi since you keep mentioning it.

At one point I jumped into a fucking tree or those barricades, got stuck, and couldn't escape because the mobs were constantly attacking. Lost a crystal.

Like 5 minutes later, jumped through a fucking wall.

Is this a Striker thing? Or Biraghi? Was super fucking annoying.

Also, the exp was ass. About 30% in an hour at level 60.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Places with fences and shit are always kinda fucky, need to learn the spot to dodge them consistently. Like first couple of hours at Manshaum I did I kept getting stuck into shit, that place has a ton of small fences, roots and whatever the fuck but once you know where they are you can path around them easily and now I only get stuck like once or twice an hour when I'm not paying too much attention.

Xp tends to be very specific to only some spots, it's otherwise kinda shit everywhere else I found. I did mirumok yesterday to get to 62 for timepiece, it's pretty good even at 61(I think I did like 16% in an hour, and I was still learning the spot, went without watching a video so I was kinda winging it, settled on clearing packs 2 by 2 which after I've seen someone recommend on a recent video, I did have a lot of xp buffs specifically for that though).

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
At one point I jumped into a fucking tree or those barricades, got stuck, and couldn't escape because the mobs were constantly attacking. Lost a crystal.
I NEVER use expensive crystals on "alts", especially if I'm new to the class. I either don't use crystals at all until I get comfy with them or I use a super cheap set.
Like 5 minutes later, jumped through a fucking wall.

Is this a Striker thing? Or Biraghi? Was super fucking annoying.
Sounds like a Striker thing for sure. I never have issues getting stuck there. Are you doing some scuffed rotation up through all the bends and castle walls? Those rotations blow. I can show you the rotation I use that is super open ground, for the most part.
Also, the exp was ass. About 30% in an hour at level 60.
Well, I never claimed the EXP was insane. I just said that for a brand new character out of seasons, around the 240-250ap mark, it's pretty solid. I never claimed it was better than Desert Fogans/Nagas, just that as a brand new graduated character it gives solid exp, solid money, and starts you on your journey of collecting yellow shards for cups.

30%/hour at 60 is pretty solid, especially if you didn't have many EXP buffs. Even if you did though, 60-61 in 3ish hours isn't bad.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wasn't blaming you.

Anyway, my thought process with the crystals was that I was WAY overgeared (although I forgot that my awakening weapon is just a TET Dande) and I wasn't at risk of dying. And I wasn't. Until I got fucking warped into the terrain. It does sound like this is a Striker issue, which is a shame because I actually really liked how it felt. And I luckily only lost a Corrupted crystal, so out 27m which I more than made up with the grind. I think there's an ability that jumps behind mobs, and it can get you stuck easily.

I was expecting more exp just because I think you can do 60-61 in about an hour with quests. Figured grinding would be faster nowadays with a few hundred % xp buffs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Quests are definitely faster unless you go for mirumok with full scrolls(even then I'm not sure cause quests are stupid fast when you have a good mount and know the good ones) or like a gyffin party or something. But quests also give fuck all besides xp, while you get a bunch of silver leveling on spots so balances out and unless you're in a rush it feels like it's just better to grind it out especially if you have tagged gear so you can do a nice 400-500m+ spot.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't blaming you.

Anyway, my thought process with the crystals was that I was WAY overgeared (although I forgot that my awakening weapon is just a TET Dande) and I wasn't at risk of dying. And I wasn't. Until I got fucking warped into the terrain. It does sound like this is a Striker issue, which is a shame because I actually really liked how it felt. And I luckily only lost a Corrupted crystal, so out 27m which I more than made up with the grind. I think there's an ability that jumps behind mobs, and it can get you stuck easily.

I was expecting more exp just because I think you can do 60-61 in about an hour with quests. Figured grinding would be faster nowadays with a few hundred % xp buffs.
60-61 via quests is "faster" still, yeah. It's just boring as fuck because questing in BDO is awful. Plus, you don't earn any silver while doing it.

I used to do the 60-61 grind via quests back when the best silver/hour were places like Aakman or Hystria. Nowadays though, you can earn a solid 400-500m/hour as a brand new seasonal so I always just grind it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I love that infinite potion+fairy means you can basically do desert shit without actually caring about the debuff. I'm gonna pop off a bunch of these valencia shit I've left like the 2nd valencia questline and the aakman/hystria teleport quests with this stuff, would be faster with a dine for fast desert running but camel will do the job. Next season char I'll be leveling in all these valencia grind spots too to get the knowledge of them all and get energy/ecology.

Been lvling my season horse too, figured I'd make use of the many horse coupons I've gotten in the past since it's a free T8. Only need one more skill for courser(granted a low % one, Sidestep, the normal one, it's up to 17% with failstacks so might get it we'll see) then I can throw all the stupid mats I've been stockpiling to try to awaken it I guess. It's kinda annoying that it levels too fast to afk it though, like it gains a level every hour or so, so afk lvling it means it'd level too high without getting a chance to reroll, so have to do it while I'm playing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Assuming you get a courser, which should be easy with all the skill coupons they give out, you should also be able to easily get a dream horse with the ridiculous amount of awakening materials they give out. You can probably get two, in fact. They've really cheapened the prestige of dream horses over the last several months.

Wish they'd make it easier to get the imperial materials for T10. I've got like 4 attempts saved up but need about 20 horses leveled up to 15 to get the damn imperial material.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Assuming you get a courser, which should be easy with all the skill coupons they give out, you should also be able to easily get a dream horse with the ridiculous amount of awakening materials they give out. You can probably get two, in fact. They've really cheapened the prestige of dream horses over the last several months.

Wish they'd make it easier to get the imperial materials for T10. I've got like 4 attempts saved up but need about 20 horses leveled up to 15 to get the damn imperial material.
The royal fern root? Make sure you're doing the Liara weekly/dailies as well.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Level 60 now. Just got Magnus done and I am working on the the second Agris book. I have also just started doing some of the Jetina dailies. I am sure there is other stuff I should be starting to do too, some sort of weekly?
Will be working on getting 61/62.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loml boss rush maybe? Its a once a week thing.

Also possibly, pick a spot and do one of the infinite mana or health pot weeklies. Can only do 1 quest from 1 spot for either, once a week.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of depends on your goals.

I'd recommend doing the Jetina stuff, and then picking a pot piece and making sure to do that weekly for the extra 5 pities (you can open the Monster Zone Info window, and it'll show you the quests for the area you pick, but it's always the node manager).

Also not a bad idea to get in the habit of figuring out cooking and doing imperial turn ins every day. Get to Professional 1 and you can hand in Pickled Vegetables. Buy em off the market and you'll still pocket somewhere around 40M+ per day for a couple minutes of work.

And then just start saving for a TET Blackstar for either your main if you're succession, or awakening if awakening.

Untitled.png