Black Desert

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
You can pretty much stop once you get through the Mediah part and once you do, you never need to do it again on future characters. The Valencia, Kamasylvia, Dreighan, etc. "MSQ" lines aren't really necessary. They just give you some minor accessories and a boost to getting a rebellious crystal but I'd honestly save your time and just buy one later on. The one exception is Mountain of Eternal Winter. The final accessory Bronte's Bolt earring is actually pretty decent for "new" players. It's technically 1 less AP than Tuvala, but a lot more accuracy. It's definitely still optional, but it can be useful.

Also, start working on your Jetina quests to build up the burning starlight powder or whatever it's called. You'll need it later.
That is a good tip. I kept going with the quest since I wasn't sure. What other quest lines should I be doing from 57-60? Should I be grinding exp and not questing at some point?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am talking about when I got the awakened weapon it was Tuvala already and they also gave me a blue Canon Iron Buster at the same time. I have some other misc blue gear too that is all worse than tuvala.
Yeah, you can just sell it. Most of that stuff pre-dates seasons and is just trash at this point.

Tuvala, boss gear, then blackstar/slumbering origin (fallen god, labreska, dhan).
For accessories, just keep whatever is best. You can use Capotia for a long time.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What other quest lines should I be doing from 57-60? Should I be grinding exp and not questing at some point?
You should definitely be grinding and ignore questing now, if you're done with the Mediah quest line. I'd recommend Desert Fogans or Desert Nagas. Both of them you can easily take to 60-61. Fogans is better exp but a little less dense so really works better with a good movement class. If you don't have great movement, I'd go Nagas.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
You should definitely be grinding and ignore questing now, if you're done with the Mediah quest line. I'd recommend Desert Fogans or Desert Nagas. Both of them you can easily take to 60-61. Fogans is better exp but a little less dense so really works better with a good movement class. If you don't have great movement, I'd go Nagas.
Except the chenga tome quest Make sure you get that and you can quest from 60-61 EZ in Kam. I’d say do it at 59 or 60

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Except the chenga tome quest Make sure you get that and you can quest from 60-61 EZ in Kam. I’d say do it at 59 or 60
Eh, even Chenga is pretty outdated now IMO. Sure, it's useful to have, but 60-61 doesn't take that long now at Fogans or Nagas especially with how many EXP scrolls they throw out. Add in the event bonus currently(200%)and the additional bonus from season server/returning player servers and you should be able to knock it out in 2ish hours max.

I mean sure, if you like questing go for it. But questing in BDO is absolute ass and I hate doing it.

Also, looks like Hystria trash was nerfed a bit in its values. On the plus side, it looks like Saunils, Mrowek's Lab, Crypt of Resting Thoughts, and Kratuga are all getting trash buffs in the amount of trash that is dropped, not the value itself. The Kratuga amount buffs seems to be them trying to keep Kratuga, Aakman, and Hystria all at the relative "same" value in terms of silver/hour. I'm super pumped about Mrowek's and Saunil's getting buffs as I love both spots but the silver/hour was pretty "meh" at both places. Mrowek's is really underutilized and I wish they had expanded on that style of grind zone more. It's sad that nobody really utilized it(partly PA's fault for not adjusted its values) so they kind of threw away the idea.

Rhutum's looks to be getting a slight nerf in that they're adjusting the trash amount down a tad.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Sucks that Hysteria trash was nerfed. That place needs a buff, no way centaurs or Cadry should have a higher trash value

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sucks that Hysteria trash was nerfed. That place needs a buff, no way centaurs or Cadry should have a higher trash value
It's still getting buffed, they just reduced it a bit. Which I'm not surprised by, because like I said, if the buff had stayed where it was, it would've approached Lower Sycraia in silver/hour.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The leaderboards have essentially 0 effect on RNG, it's basically just an e-peen flex.

That said, I would try to at least knock out Difficulty 6s each week, because that gets you into the bracket where your weekly bundles "can" contain up to a DUO: Deborekah Earring. Obviously the RNG is abysmal, but technically it's still a chance, whereas 1-5 you can't get up to DUO.

Also, Black Shrine is HIGHLY dependent on your class. The reason those leaderboards are so filled has less to do with class popularity(although it is still a factor, sure)and everything to do with them being good at the bosses. Some classes have absolute dogshit kits for the bosses, whereas others it's like doing them on EZ mode. Just like so many other things in BDO, people literally have alts just for Black Shrine. Typically, if you have a low-stamina spammable i-frame and/or really good movement, you'll be able to do fine. If you don't, I hope you enjoy difficulty 1-5.

The ingame thing says you get better rewards with higher ranking and while it shows the same rewards in the thing that shows which ranks get what I assumed you just would get higher quantities, if it's same rewards then it's whatever I guess.

I'll look into diff 6 but I'm still in tuvala and while the stats are nerfed from gear it's still something so not sure how easy I can clear. I'll check some of the easier fights see how it goes.

Luckily I did them today cause apparently reset was today instead of thursday, wasn't aware. Got a bunch of boxes, some crystal of decimation that I need to combine with a lot of other stuff that's worth the same as buying the finished product? Oh well.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just don't give enough shits, so I run at max rank 3 ones. I think I did up to 5 on almost all of them for the journals, but then I realized the loot was shit no matter what so I just put in enough time to get a 2nd Hongik (sold my first) and hope for enough Girin's to make the third tier of that.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The ingame thing says you get better rewards with higher ranking and while it shows the same rewards in the thing that shows which ranks get what I assumed you just would get higher quantities, if it's same rewards then it's whatever I guess.
I'm away of what it says. What I'm saying is that the "leaderboard" difference in rewards are such a marginal difference they may as well not even exist.

And yes, quantities on the things like the Embers and Coins are slightly increased but again, those really don't matter. Coins are worthless once you do the artisan boxes for workers(once per family) or unless you spend 8 hours/day cooking/alchemy and need constant cooking/alchemy stations. Flames are practically min listed now.

The leaderboards are cool to "challenge" yourself but they really don't mean shit in terms of rewards. They're purely e-peen. C6+ is all that matters in terms of "rewards".

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The decision I made a long time ago to do everything on one character has come back to bite me (Lahn is main and also lifeskiller). I knew about the trade goods thing from a while back when I tried Zerker, but didn't realize that imperial turn ins would also count. Can do the turn ins still (unlike trade goods), but you can't put them in storage. So I had a bunch on me that I couldn't get rid of while still tagged.

Lame.

I tried tagging Woosa last night and did some Tshira to figure out the combos which went okay. Tshira is just such a shit area to grind. Then decided to try Orcs but it was one of the weird non-ideal rotations since it was Saturday night. It felt terrible (part of it may just have been MP sustain, as I don't have the infinite pot, hence Tshira). Not sure if that's because Orcs is technically mid-game still and Woosa doesn't really shine til later, or because it was a rotation I didn't know well. But it went pretty shit. But either way, had to untag because of the fucking boxes.

Now I'm not sure if I want to try re-tagging Woosa again when I'm closer to end game. Or just say fuck it. Not sure if I want to grind up another cooking alt. Hard to know if I actually suck on Woosa or if it was the other circumstances.

Maybe I'm just stuck with Lahn forever.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The decision I made a long time ago to do everything on one character has come back to bite me (Lahn is main and also lifeskiller). I knew about the trade goods thing from a while back when I tried Zerker, but didn't realize that imperial turn ins would also count. Can do the turn ins still (unlike trade goods), but you can't put them in storage. So I had a bunch on me that I couldn't get rid of while still tagged.

Lame.

I tried tagging Woosa last night and did some Tshira to figure out the combos which went okay. Tshira is just such a shit area to grind. Then decided to try Orcs but it was one of the weird non-ideal rotations since it was Saturday night. It felt terrible (part of it may just have been MP sustain, as I don't have the infinite pot, hence Tshira). Not sure if that's because Orcs is technically mid-game still and Woosa doesn't really shine til later, or because it was a rotation I didn't know well. But it went pretty shit. But either way, had to untag because of the fucking boxes.

Now I'm not sure if I want to try re-tagging Woosa again when I'm closer to end game. Or just say fuck it. Not sure if I want to grind up another cooking alt. Hard to know if I actually suck on Woosa or if it was the other circumstances.

Maybe I'm just stuck with Lahn forever.
You know they have EXP transfer coupons for lifeskills, right? Were you trying to store them in the city you created them in? You can't store imperials you made in Calpheon in Heidal for instance. They have to be stored in the storage where you put them together. Or are you saying there's some weird thing going on where if the character can't MAKE the box because of their skill level, they also can't store it?

Also, trying to "combo" at one-shot spots like Tshira is a waste of time. It doesn't give you an accurate representation of a class nor how to properly get used to and build the muscle memory required for mid and end game.

I'd definitely try a spot that isn't going to kill you, but also takes a full combo rotation or almost a full combo. Elvia spots can be bad because the weapons basically turn them into one-shot spots. I either don't pick up weapons when trying new tags or I go to spots that are just a tad above "one shot" status like Kratuga, Hystria, Star's End, Aakman(although - hystria and aakman are bad silver/hr until they get buffed), or Lower Sycraia. You can also add in other spots depending on your DP. AP doesn't matter as much because you're just trying to get used to building up your muscle memory really. And also realize that your silver/hr is going to be total trash as you're getting used to a class.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, so if you're tagged and create an Imperial Crate in Heidel, it apparently won't let you bank it in Heidel.

And I meant that I went to Tshira to get down the muscle memory and feel of the class, then Orcs to actually try the combos themselves. You're probably right that Elvia is shit for that though since weapons kinda fuck things up. At 292 AP I'm not really sure where I can go that's not one shot, but also not Elvia.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, so if you're tagged and create an Imperial Crate in Heidel, it apparently won't let you bank it in Heidel.

And I meant that I went to Tshira to get down the muscle memory and feel of the class, then Orcs to actually try the combos themselves. You're probably right that Elvia is shit for that though since weapons kinda fuck things up. At 292 AP I'm not really sure where I can go that's not one shot, but also not Elvia.
What's your DP? You might be able to make Underground Gyfin work if you have 390+ish DP. I'd probably not use crystals until you get "used" to the spot though. AP is kinda borderline for Underground Gyfin, but that's also good for practice. You could try something like Mirumok or even non-dhekia Turos as well. Mobs there are fairly "tanky" because they are technically duo+ spots. Gives you plenty of time to practice comboing. Hell, Jade Forest also has pretty tanky mobs and is a really solid spot to burn Agris as well.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think I'm at 365 DP. Got quite a lot of grinding to do to get Dhan's and Labreska. Probably a good 30 billion silver.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Think I'm at 365 DP. Got quite a lot of grinding to do to get Dhan's and Labreska. Probably a good 30 billion silver.
I'd definitely do trees(Mirumok)or Jade Forest. Both spots are a bit on the "tankier" side, which gives you more time to practice. You'll be able to die at Jade though with 365DP. It's not super risky, but still a risk. If you go there, I'd use a cheaper crystal setup. You could also do Lower Sycraia but I hate getting in/out of that spot, despite how good it is.
Based on this thread for Fairy summon odds: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/g4wqeb/fairy_tier_chances/

I managed a t3 in the first few hands it. Seems like the math says just spend the 600 Million on 100% upgrade from T3 to T4. Am I wrong?

That video does a solid job of covering most aspects of getting a good fairy. Sadly, Fairy is one of the last remaining "P2W" aspects of BDO. I really wish they'd redo the system.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I rolled a bunch lately, got some T3 wings so I'll be upgrading my fairy this week(still using my shitty T2 I rolled originally). Just waiting to see if there's a cash shop sale on orbs before I start, there's a small one currently which I bought but well waiting until maintenance to see and then I'll roll.

Upside is I have tons of lemoria to feed to the fairy from grinding manshaum and they aren't selling for shit anyway so might as well feed that.

Started doing the boat stuff again, took me several hours just to figure out where the fuck I was at and what I was supposed to be doing and how barters worked(again). Then wasted like 2hours trying to do daillies on my own before remembering they're only realistically doable in parties or with the carracks, but hopped on the sailing discords to leech off some pros, much faster can get all the daillies done in 40mins this way, just need to catch one of them(only 3-4 a day on that discord for EU).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Started doing the boat stuff again, took me several hours just to figure out where the fuck I was at and what I was supposed to be doing and how barters worked(again). Then wasted like 2hours trying to do daillies on my own before remembering they're only realistically doable in parties or with the carracks, but hopped on the sailing discords to leech off some pros, much faster can get all the daillies done in 40mins this way, just need to catch one of them(only 3-4 a day on that discord for EU).
A nice thing about bartering enjoyers is that they are updating T1 trade goods to only weigh 100LT instead of the 800LT they weigh now. It'll make a massive difference for getting to 3k and 5k barters.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A nice thing about bartering enjoyers is that they are updating T1 trade goods to only weigh 100LT instead of the 800LT they weigh now. It'll make a massive difference for getting to 3k and 5k barters.
I noticed some changes already cause the old tools have the wrong values, like more barter offers at low lvl(10 instead of 6) and such but yeah weight is still the big issue, didn't remember about this change but that'll be nice means you can load up on all the lvl 1s. I just do one chain a day cause I don't want to spend too long doing bartering atm, I still need to pve grind especially with 100% drop event.