Black Desert

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Good for you. I couldn't pull the trigger on switching.

I guess it depends on how much the next bit of grinding goes. I'm getting ready to start Elvia Calpheon, and if Lahn just doesn't feel great, it'll make switching more appealing.

On that note, the caphras gear grind if fucking boring. Already mentioned the DUO Labreska finally finished, and I had the Fallen God a while ago. Got gloves to C9 today and I'm about 3b from being done (and the flame is obviously super easy and I'm actually on my 2nd). Boots are still sitting at C4 though, so that's a good 16b more. I'll be glad to be done with this shit. And I think I'll end up switching from Kutum to Blackstar/Godr (have an R4 Kutum). So once I get these done, I'll never touch caphras again.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Good for you. I couldn't pull the trigger on switching.

I guess it depends on how much the next bit of grinding goes. I'm getting ready to start Elvia Calpheon, and if Lahn just doesn't feel great, it'll make switching more appealing.

On that note, the caphras gear grind if fucking boring. Already mentioned the DUO Labreska finally finished, and I had the Fallen God a while ago. Got gloves to C9 today and I'm about 3b from being done (and the flame is obviously super easy and I'm actually on my 2nd). Boots are still sitting at C4 though, so that's a good 16b more. I'll be glad to be done with this shit. And I think I'll end up switching from Kutum to Blackstar/Godr (have an R4 Kutum). So once I get these done, I'll never touch caphras again.
Yeah, if I had to do it over again I would've just saved up and purchased DUO Slumbering Origin in all slots and just sold all my caphras along the way. FUCK enhancing Slumbering Origin armor. I'll probably just buy TET armors and slowly sell off my DUOs a slot at a time.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bloody Monastery is really fun, by far my favorite Serendia spot after spending time there.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I've got a bunch of outfit boxes they've been giving out for a while (6 sellable, 2 not), and I can't decide if I should sell them or save for crons later. This post may just be me working through the numbers to figure it out myself.

My gear looks like this currently:

Untitled.png

I figure my next few upgrades will be C10 Boots (17b), a 2nd Disto/Vaha (23b), DUO Dhan's (maybe 10b?), the two Vell's upgrades (hopefully close to free from grinding), and then a TET Tungrad (9b) to hit the 301 AP bracket.

I may also want to upgrade to a Blackstar/Godr Awakening and Offhand (15-30b) before doing more enhancing.

So all in all I'm probably 60 to 90 billion away from where I'd want to start cronning TRI armor attempts (or, possibly Godr attempts). I'd be getting about 7b worth of outfits. Maybe it's such a small amount it doesn't make a difference? I'm not entirely sure how hard outfits are to buy.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Getting closer to graduation from Summer season. It seems like I should be saving all my silver for TET BS or Godr DUO. This means ignoring things like the Jetina ring (still doing dailys) or doing PEN armor upgrades either via Jetina or Market. Does that sound right? Get The weapon first for more AP to farm more silver.

In regards to TET BS vs Godr DUO and reading this thread and others on reddit, it seems like if I have Jhammers, it might be work going TET BS. I have two J hammers that will be deleted before the next Ball and it seems like they normally give out more during/after the Ball. I don't have any type of high stack created.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd go for AP upgrades to start. You can get by pretty well with lower DP.

Personally, I'd go for the Blackstar, do two taps, and if it goes you won. If not, probably convert to Godr and tap it to DUO yourself. It may cost you an extra couple billion than it would have buying, but you get to use up those J Hammers.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So I've got a bunch of outfit boxes they've been giving out for a while (6 sellable, 2 not), and I can't decide if I should sell them or save for crons later. This post may just be me working through the numbers to figure it out myself.

So all in all I'm probably 60 to 90 billion away from where I'd want to start cronning TRI armor attempts (or, possibly Godr attempts). I'd be getting about 7b worth of outfits. Maybe it's such a small amount it doesn't make a difference? I'm not entirely sure how hard outfits are to buy.
Selling vs. croning costumes is really down to your stomach for enhancing in BDO.

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have luck at all. I can't fucking stand enhancing and my experience with getting to DUO Slumbering Origin turned me off of it forever. I wasted SO many fucking 50+ stacks and mem fragments retapping back and forth from base to PRI because it kept downgrading. This happened with every fucking piece and I vowed to never enhance major upgrades again. I've NEVER walked away from an enhancing session in BDO and thought.."Man, that was fun". Every time it has been rage inducing.

So, I just save myself the pain now, get a gear goal, and slowly grind toward it. I'm not a gambler and have hated it even living in Nevada basically my whole life. Obviously I'm biased, but I sell ALL my costumes that I don't otherwise use for the fashion endgame. I use my free Crons that slowly accumulate for taps on a TET BS I have sitting in the bank. 24 attempts later it still hasn't gone. If they'd let me sell crons to a vendor for 100k/ea that's what I'd do with them, no joke.

As far as gear goes, I'd really try to push to the 305 bracket if I were you. It's a pretty big milestone and unlocks roughly the entire endgame(except probably Tungrad Ruins). Hell, as it is you can already grind Giants and Underground Gyfin which are two "end game" spots already. I'd probably push C10 boots because of Ator's shoes coming out soon and to pop you to the 389+ DP bracket, but then I'd go hard on accessory upgrades, grind some cups for existing earrings, Vell's, etc.
Getting closer to graduation from Summer season. It seems like I should be saving all my silver for TET BS or Godr DUO. This means ignoring things like the Jetina ring (still doing dailys) or doing PEN armor upgrades either via Jetina or Market. Does that sound right? Get The weapon first for more AP to farm more silver.

In regards to TET BS vs Godr DUO and reading this thread and others on reddit, it seems like if I have Jhammers, it might be work going TET BS. I have two J hammers that will be deleted before the next Ball and it seems like they normally give out more during/after the Ball. I don't have any type of high stack created.
You can farm Kratuga straight out of season and basically make 700+m/hour. So, I'd definitely push for the 281 AP bracket which allows you to farm Orcs and thus the all-important cup upgrades - plus Orcs generates a lot of raw silver. But in the meantime, you should still be doing your dailies for Jetina accessory. The "free" PEN accessory saves you a shitload of silver and a PEN Crescent Ring will last you a long, long while.

I honestly don't even bother with the Jetina armors anymore. You barely save money and even then it's only on ONE armor piece. Make sure you get your free PEN armor piece from Magnus questline. PEN boss armors are typically super cheap nowadays. Definitely use Jetina to get your offhand to reform level 4 though as that is still solid value.

As far as the Jhammers go, I'd still use them on something. Don't just let them get deleted. If you can't save for a TET BS in time, just throw them at a PEN attempt somewhere. Even if you don't have a 200+ stack built, you have to have at least a 100 or 150 stack from seasons, no? Just throw that at it and pray. Hell, I'd even throw them at a DUO - TRI Godr attempt if that's the route you go. Don't FOMO on Jhammers too much. They hand them out at least twice a year and when you think about it, they're only around 10B or so in "value". They were even less before they popped crons to 3m/ea recently.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
you have to have at least a 100 or 150 stack from seasons, no?
I have a +140 valks the summon season. I think you can get a +150 valks from the newer season, but when I go through that I may pickup the earring instead.

Make sure you get your free PEN armor piece from Magnus questline.
Yea, I have Magnus done, I just haven't picked the item yet, simply because I cannot use it until I graduate.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have a +140 valks the summon season. I think you can get a +150 valks from the newer season, but when I go through that I may pickup the earring instead.
Definitely pickup the PEN earring. It'll last you a long while. Plus, it's tangible value that you can actually equip and use.

The difference between a 140 and 150 on a TET BS is 0.2%. Don't get me wrong, that's 2 extra attempts on average difference. But the Capotia is real value where the stack is purely imagined/not yet realized value.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On the first upgrade my experience was going full AP upgrades first, still haven't converted my tuvala armor or opened my magnus box cause I'm waiting to be sure where I'm going, but also to need DP. In Kratuga I have no issue with tuvala DP(318 I'm missing a couple journals). I only came close to dying twice in like 9hours in there, and that was when the Loot God decided to fuck with me and give me a Tungrad mid skill when I was doing the 4 big guys pull, and the cheer animation cancels my super armor and boom knockdown into big dmg, so I just V and go again. I will upgrade once I move to Elvia stuff, but at this point it's pretty useless, while more damage is definitely good as it just translates to more money. Ymmv depending on class though I guess, I don't have issues with Maegu.

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't had that happen yet, thankfully, but I laughed at the thought of it. Been close a few times where I'll get the cheer and pounded on, but make it out barely.
Selling vs. croning costumes is really down to your stomach for enhancing in BDO.

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have luck at all. I can't fucking stand enhancing and my experience with getting to DUO Slumbering Origin turned me off of it forever. I wasted SO many fucking 50+ stacks and mem fragments retapping back and forth from base to PRI because it kept downgrading. This happened with every fucking piece and I vowed to never enhance major upgrades again. I've NEVER walked away from an enhancing session in BDO and thought.."Man, that was fun". Every time it has been rage inducing.

So, I just save myself the pain now, get a gear goal, and slowly grind toward it. I'm not a gambler and have hated it even living in Nevada basically my whole life. Obviously I'm biased, but I sell ALL my costumes that I don't otherwise use for the fashion endgame. I use my free Crons that slowly accumulate for taps on a TET BS I have sitting in the bank. 24 attempts later it still hasn't gone. If they'd let me sell crons to a vendor for 100k/ea that's what I'd do with them, no joke.

As far as gear goes, I'd really try to push to the 305 bracket if I were you. It's a pretty big milestone and unlocks roughly the entire endgame(except probably Tungrad Ruins). Hell, as it is you can already grind Giants and Underground Gyfin which are two "end game" spots already. I'd probably push C10 boots because of Ator's shoes coming out soon and to pop you to the 389+ DP bracket, but then I'd go hard on accessory upgrades, grind some cups for existing earrings, Vell's, etc.
I loathe enhancing too. But with stuff like the Slumbering set, Debo's, and less so, Blackstar/Godr, I feel like you're kind of stuck having to do it.

At the same time, I just set aside a certain amount of money and assume it's going to take that much at minimum to succeed. Save up a stack of 2k+ memory fragments, a ton of enhancing materials, crons if needed, and then just start slamming away at it. I've shown how hard it was for me to get DUO on both my Labreska and Fallen God. Would've been significantly cheaper to just buy it. But it's also a giant ass pain to save up 40 billion silver, too, and I like the incremental upgrades.

Anyway, the 305 bracket doesn't get me anywhere if I can't survive shit. And I need a TET Disto to get there, knocking 8 DP off (4 from Capotia, and -4 from Disto). So at a minimum I need to C10 the boots, DUO the gloves, and then probably TRI one piece (plus Vell's upgrades) before getting to 305.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But with stuff like the Slumbering set, Debo's, and less so, Blackstar/Godr, I feel like you're kind of stuck having to do it.
You aren't, at all. TET versions of Slumbering Origin and Debo's get listed frequently (a little less so for Slumbering Origin, but even TRI gets you practically all end-game areas). Both are plenty for current end game. Plus, PEN Debo neck is 35 billion PER attempt just in Crons. And then if it downgrades? Have fun.

If you plan on doing PEN? Sure, you probably need to self enhance.. for now. But good fucking luck hitting PEN Slumbering Origin armors. PEN Debos just need a price increase before people will start listing them - the only reason they aren't listed now is because they aren't really profitable at the current market cap for PEN.

Blackstar/Godr have listings at PEN all the time. It's a little tougher now because the profit isn't there like it was when we had 2m crons, but they're still listed often enough.
But it's also a giant ass pain to save up 40 billion silver, too, and I like the incremental upgrades.
See, I look at the 40B as the "incremental upgrades"/pity pieces version. I just focus on 5B at a time as another "pity" piece.
Anyway, the 305 bracket doesn't get me anywhere if I can't survive shit.
Sure, but the reason you get 305 is it helps you grind at spots you can already grind like Giants/Gyfin and pushes you closer to their AP caps, making said grind faster. Additionally, 305 gets you to a nice "stopping point"/softcap where you can start hard focusing DP.

People often make the mistake of focusing too hard on DP. But DP can be made up for with good movement, elixirs, Frontal Guards, i-frames, etc. And honestly, just killing shit fast enough helps DP not matter as well. AP is a little harder to compensate for IMO.

Sure, you probably can't go grind Orcs with 200 DP but did you ever see the video of a seasonal Maegu pulling 30k+ trash at Orcs? Seasons gets you to like 310? 312 DP? Orcs is technically a "340" requirement.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hit 1b+ for the first time today in Kratuga. Been doing 850-900m for a while but I guess got lucky with some of the drops so ended up at slightly over 1b. Same-ish trash and only 3tungrad/0layten so it's just the random other shit got a lot of the summoner scrolls and artifact today. Anyway just nice to see, silver is pretty consistent over there regardless so I like it. It's agris but since I usually only grind an hour or two that's not an issue. Tomorrow is last Jetina day I should have the silver to buy the full PEN ring now too, finishing Dorim Morgrim shit also and next week we should be getting the new questline that has a +1AP alch stone so that's gonna be some nice cheap upgrades, after that though it's mostly gonna be 20b for TET Disto.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I figure my next few upgrades will be C10 Boots (17b), a 2nd Disto/Vaha (23b), DUO Dhan's (maybe 10b?), the two Vell's upgrades (hopefully close to free from grinding), and then a TET Tungrad (9b) to hit the 301 AP bracket.

I may also want to upgrade to a Blackstar/Godr Awakening and Offhand (15-30b) before doing more enhancing.

All the event outfits will get taxed, fyi.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hit 1b+ for the first time today in Kratuga. Been doing 850-900m for a while but I guess got lucky with some of the drops so ended up at slightly over 1b. Same-ish trash and only 3tungrad/0layten so it's just the random other shit got a lot of the summoner scrolls and artifact today. Anyway just nice to see, silver is pretty consistent over there regardless so I like it. It's agris but since I usually only grind an hour or two that's not an issue. Tomorrow is last Jetina day I should have the silver to buy the full PEN ring now too, finishing Dorim Morgrim shit also and next week we should be getting the new questline that has a +1AP alch stone so that's gonna be some nice cheap upgrades, after that though it's mostly gonna be 20b for TET Disto.
You might consider running the Books vs selling, since they sell for so little compared to the Memfeaga selling for 3.4m.

Also, who is grinding in Kratuga as a tubala Timmy and doing well? I had thought about parking my Season witch in there for Marni, but those mobs seem tanky for my main. I usually need 2 skills per pack (fuck those Kimels). I do 39-40k trash without Agris, but that Marni just doesn't flow well.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You might consider running the Books vs selling, since they sell for so little compared to the Memfeaga selling for 3.4m.

Also, who is grinding in Kratuga as a tubala Timmy and doing well? I had thought about parking my Season witch in there for Marni, but those mobs seem tanky for my main. I usually need 2 skills per pack (fuck those Kimels). I do 39-40k trash without Agris, but that Marni just doesn't flow well.
I actually haven't tried as a fully geared season, I went there an hour to check it out before I was full PEN and it was pretty awful but I was definitely unprepared I was just checking it out by curiousity, I didn't have all the buffs, was missing some logs compared to now and yeah just not good. I've seen some guy who farms a lot of Kratuga posts a Maegu seasonal video with impressive numbers but that's Maegu not sure how most other classes compare especially Witch since there's a fair bit of running from pack to pack.

As for books I haven't been selling them all I just put them in Garmoth that's what tells me the 1b, I didn't actually make 1b a bunch of it is stuff to sell I haven't sold yet. That said the idea of running summoning scrolls of any sort is definitely not appealing so there's a good chance I'll just dump them on the market anyway.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually haven't tried as a fully geared season, I went there an hour to check it out before I was full PEN and it was pretty awful but I was definitely unprepared I was just checking it out by curiousity, I didn't have all the buffs, was missing some logs compared to now and yeah just not good. I've seen some guy who farms a lot of Kratuga posts a Maegu seasonal video with impressive numbers but that's Maegu not sure how most other classes compare especially Witch since there's a fair bit of running from pack to pack.

As for books I haven't been selling them all I just put them in Garmoth that's what tells me the 1b, I didn't actually make 1b a bunch of it is stuff to sell I haven't sold yet. That said the idea of running summoning scrolls of any sort is definitely not appealing so there's a good chance I'll just dump them on the market anyway.
Running them isn't that bad since they can be condensed. I ran a T5 and a T3, the T5 was a chore to solo.. very beefy mobs, but the T3 was ok. Got around 30 frags from those 8 scrolls, which sold twice as much as selling the scrolls themselves.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
but that Marni just doesn't flow well.
Really? I think the Marni Kratuga is fantastic. It's basically two-room rotation with the 2nd room cutoff. But you don't need the 2nd room because the respawn rate is so high. I really enjoy it as a place to dump my agris when I don't feel like grinding Jade.
Running them isn't that bad since they can be condensed. I ran a T5 and a T3, the T5 was a chore to solo.. very beefy mobs, but the T3 was ok. Got around 30 frags from those 8 scrolls, which sold twice as much as selling the scrolls themselves.
Yeah, fragment book/scrolls/etc. aren't nearly as bad now because of the ability to "stack" them. I still can't be fucked to bother with them, but they're a million times better than they used to be.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its good, but the ground topography kinda sucks, as do the Kimel mobs. Facing into the room, I go clockwise. There are 12 packs, or 11 if you count the second grouping to be one, but I count them as two. So, at the 4th pack, there is a ledge that you can get stuck on... on the 5th, there is a small hole you can drop down into, on the way to the 7th those Kimels can block your path, then at 9th (with the 4 Belle-whatevers), the stepped blocks can hinder your pathing, the higher up Kimels and go immune / reset. Kimels can once again block your path from 10th to 11th. It can be aggravating, and the Kimels are super annoying because they can travel underground.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm on AT&T fiber, so I'm not sure that's it. It's significantly more reliable than my options in the Mojave Desert, where it seemed to mostly work.
What part of the desert are you in? I was stationed there for 3 long years...what an awful location.