Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I am at 54 blood oaths, 33 Tranq Tinn, and 3 Dragon's fangs towards the Inf HP pot. Even though I have made some decent progress, I feel like I just should go grind at Centaurs for 20 hours at 600 mill and hour and buy it from the market. 600m has been by worst hour run there. I have been using my weekly pity bonus on Ronaros area, because the loot is so bad. The only thing holding me back is when I get the 12 billion I need to buy out the pot, it seem like it might be better to get more AP gear upgraded instead.

I have 76 atanis pieces and those seem like its better to save for the mana pot.
Each piece of the pots are going to take you 20 hours, maximum, if all you do is the pity quest and get no other drops. So, 60 hours maximum for each pot. Problem is, that also requires 60 WEEKS of quests. I think a "realistic" estimate of each pot is around 40*(luck depending) hours now, assuming you grind them during drop events, use +item drop rate items they hand out like the cookies for Halloween, etc.

With that said, if you can consistently pull 500m/hr, the HP pot takes you 10-15ish less hours to farm just on pure silver. Even less if you can push into the 700m range.

The HP pot is much cheaper and thus will allow you to shorten your overall time spent by just farming raw silver at some of the new "early game" spots that got huge buffs like Centaurs, Gahaz, Kratuga, Hystria, etc. Now, there is the factor that "farming" at those spots in some ways kills two birds with one stone, in that you're farming for the pot AND earning silver at the spots.

The mana pot becomes a trickier proposition, because it's around the 32-36 hr range just off pure silver. Plus, you can get lucky on the tanning portion of the piece, really speeding it up. This wasn't my experience at all and I fucking loathe tanning, so I just ended up farming Atanis at a mix of Polly's and Traitor's graveyard. On top of that, the mana pot has two of the worst money spots in the game in Tshira and Navarn.

If it were me? In seasonal gear and I had to do it all over again? I'd probably just farm the HP pot and use the silver I earned toward buying the MP pot, since the silver/hr at the HP pot spots is pretty decent, outside of Ronaros. You'll likely still need to farm a bit of Centaurs, but it'll cut down on that a lot, saving yourself some sanity(unless you really like grinding Centaurs).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did 100 pities at Navarn and it still only took me maybe 7-8 hours? You earn basically no silver, but it's not a super long grind. That's with hedgehog though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am at 54 blood oaths, 33 Tranq Tinn, and 3 Dragon's fangs towards the Inf HP pot. Even though I have made some decent progress, I feel like I just should go grind at Centaurs for 20 hours at 600 mill and hour and buy it from the market. 600m has been by worst hour run there. I have been using my weekly pity bonus on Ronaros area, because the loot is so bad. The only thing holding me back is when I get the 12 billion I need to buy out the pot, it seem like it might be better to get more AP gear upgraded instead.

I have 76 atanis pieces and those seem like its better to save for the mana pot.
I'd just grind them out, use the money you make to buy upgrades. All the spots can make good money, aside from Navarn (but its quick). The Atanis pieces open up other options if you want to grind for those instead. With the changes to the Marni system, you could bust out the Manshaum/Navarn piece pretty quick and not be bothered by anyone. I actually made really good money at Tshira and had to get 100 pity there, but it was during a +Drop% event. I was getting 5-7 pieces/hr, and my best was 14, along with 6 rings. Such a juiced hour (never happened again though).

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ill keep grinding for the pieces. In other news. I lost access to my "newbie storage" so it all got transferred to a real storage. I guess i was carrying around 12billion in mats.

Last edited:

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Drop rate bonuses from the halloween events. There is the 10 hour buff which adds either 10 or 20% (i cannot remember which), there are cookies from the loyalty shop, a cookie from a weekly. Is there another way to get more cookies or any other event drop rates I am not aware of?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dang, massive boost for Lahn coming. Might reconsider switching mains...again.
They've already said they're going to boost ALL classes to "Woosa" level. Which is fucking retarded, but whatever. So, other classes are getting buffs too.

I'll see you boys in 6 months, whenever the "winner" in this buff-fest becomes the new "overpowered" meta and then they have to do this all over again, rather than just fucking nerfing Woosa.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Drop rate bonuses from the halloween events. There is the 10 hour buff which adds either 10 or 20% (i cannot remember which), there are cookies from the loyalty shop, a cookie from a weekly. Is there another way to get more cookies or any other event drop rates I am not aware of?
There's some cookies for one of the current codes, the halloween one I think? Anyway register all the codes you can find them on garmoth front page.

They've already said they're going to boost ALL classes to "Woosa" level. Which is fucking retarded, but whatever. So, other classes are getting buffs too.

I'll see you boys in 6 months, whenever the "winner" is in this buff-fest becomes the new "overpowered" meta and then they have to do this all over again, rather than just fucking nerfing Woosa.
To be fair, they had to buff a ton of classes anyway. Nerfing Woosa wouldn't have helped shit like Kunoichi be less shit, and there were a lot more classes on the low end than the high end, so at a point they said fuck it we're just gonna buff everything by a bunch. Also they technically nerfed Woosa already once.

I'd say the more important changes are the ones that come next with "usability/qol" or whatever they said, basically more protection, faster animations and what not, these will affect the shittier classes more than just dmg which they're doing currently. Obviously damage is still very much needed for some of the classes too.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There's some cookies for one of the current codes, the halloween one I think? Anyway register all the codes you can find them on garmoth front page.

To be fair, they had to buff a ton of classes anyway. Nerfing Woosa wouldn't have helped shit like Kunoichi be less shit, and there were a lot more classes on the low end than the high end, so at a point they said fuck it we're just gonna buff everything by a bunch. Also they technically nerfed Woosa already once.

I'd say the more important changes are the ones that come next with "usability/qol" or whatever they said, basically more protection, faster animations and what not, these will affect the shittier classes more than just dmg which they're doing currently. Obviously damage is still very much needed for some of the classes too.
No, I agree that there were definitely classes that needed a lot of help like Kuno, Corsair, Awakened Guardian, Drak, etc. Without a doubt. But buffing EVERYBODY?

It just powercreeps shit and then eventually you'll end up with a NEW, "overpowered" class/meta and now you've set the expectation that everybody has to be buffed to X level again.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No, I agree that there were definitely classes that needed a lot of help like Kuno, Corsair, Awakened Guardian, Drak, etc. Without a doubt. But buffing EVERYBODY?

It just powercreeps shit and then eventually you'll end up with a NEW, "overpowered" class/meta and now you've set the expectation that everybody has to be buffed to X level again.
Well they're buffing everybody besides some classes(they named Witch and Guardian, although the assumption is it's just awa witch and succ guardian hopefully since succ witch and awa guardian could use some numbers) so overall it gets everything to that new baseline, or somewhat close, from the numbers some classes are still gonna be left behind by a fair bit. If they fuck up badly enough I could see them just nerfing the too strong class, although there's a non zero chance succ woosa is still the best class after the buffs due to having a newer less clunky kits and what not.

I think they probably felt they need to powercreep at some point anyway to push new higher content eventually and so they went with a big bunch of buffs now to try to get everything in a closer state. Honestly the fact some classes are getting 30-50% buffs to their main pve skills and are likely going to still be worse than Woosa is a bit crazy if you think about it.

Anyway don't see much of an issue with large buffs personally, I welcome it, it's just a way to shake up the meta fotm classes and it feels nice if you main a shit class that gets buffed to not be as shit and doesn't feel bad if you main the previous fotm not just cause it was the strongest but because you like it, nerfs never feel good even when justified.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well they're buffing everybody besides some classes(they named Witch and Guardian, although the assumption is it's just awa witch and succ guardian hopefully since succ witch and awa guardian could use some numbers) so overall it gets everything to that new baseline, or somewhat close, from the numbers some classes are still gonna be left behind by a fair bit. If they fuck up badly enough I could see them just nerfing the too strong class, although there's a non zero chance succ woosa is still the best class after the buffs due to having a newer less clunky kits and what not.

I think they probably felt they need to powercreep at some point anyway to push new higher content eventually and so they went with a big bunch of buffs now to try to get everything in a closer state. Honestly the fact some classes are getting 30-50% buffs to their main pve skills and are likely going to still be worse than Woosa is a bit crazy if you think about it.

Anyway don't see much of an issue with large buffs personally, I welcome it, it's just a way to shake up the meta fotm classes and it feels nice if you main a shit class that gets buffed to not be as shit and doesn't feel bad if you main the previous fotm not just cause it was the strongest but because you like it, nerfs never feel good even when justified.
I definitely welcome buffs and I do think PA needs to do better in terms of making sure the bottom 30% or so of classes/specs maintain "relevance" - they definitely let some specs sit in a state of "almost unplayable" for far too long, at times. I just know this playerbase and the precedent it's going to set in the future when it comes time for classes that need buffs.

I like buffs, I like shaking up the meta here and there. I just really, really don't want to see this fucking game go down the "balance" carousel like Blizzard has with WoW. Where it's constant, sweeping changes after another.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they Awakening Witch didn't need some buffs? I'd tend to agree with that in terms of power and defense, but they sure need a mobility and animation buff.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did they Awakening Witch didn't need some buffs? I'd tend to agree with that in terms of power and defense, but they sure need a mobility and animation buff.
Well, they've said that the buffs are basically coming in "two" parts. This first part is focusing on damage numbers and getting some abilities to a more useful state, especially HP sustain. The second part is supposedly going to be focused on protections and whatnot.

The thing people don't realize about Awakening Witch is that her dmg numbers honestly aren't that insane. What makes her "omg so op!" is the fact that she has insane lingering protections and her AoE size is really solid. And in spots like Lower Gyfin, her AoE size is actually a detriment. The protections allow you to continue dealing damage with her lingering frontals, while a lot of other classes have to move, reposition, use lesser abilities with frontals, etc. If they start giving that level of protection to other classes, Awakening Witch is going to fall into the dumpster because her dmg numbers aren't really that crazy. She also suffers heavily from lack of movement. So, she really only shines at places that are immobile or very limited movement, which is most of the spots they've been adding lately. If they ever go back to the "grind in circle" style, Witch will fall off big there too.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've been testing various spots in Elvia now that Kratuga is dead(well Marni), just going to one spot, doing an hour to see how it works and stuff.

Did an hour at Orcs, I think I'm a bit short on AP, with weapon I can clear fast but without it's pretty slow, still was a nice 850m hour on my first hour but pretty sure it'd be faster with more dmg cause I can keep the buff thing going more or something. Upside is with my current AP(280), Marni orc size is plenty large enough.

Tested Altar Imps but I didn't bother checking on mechanics before like an idiot, and basically wasted half an hour doing camps normally, until I decided to go pick up the daillies, noticed it asked for summoned mobs(which I had seen spawn once at a flag randomly) which prompted me into looking around at the messages and stuff and figuring out I had been doing the spot entirely wrong. Was actually much better after that, although I can see how the 2 person tag makes sense not from a damage standpoint(had no issue with dmg solo even without weapon) but from an efficiency point where one person go and grab violent mobs while the other just kills everything at the flag.

Did an hour at Nagas and really didn't like it. I like the concept well enough it's simple, but whoever thought making 30 mobs packs in a game that has limited loot speed is a fucking idiot. You spend way too much time just lingering about to finish looting before you can move on. Also the plants respawn being slower than the mobs is another dumb design, have to do a rotation with more camps if you need the plant to kill(which at my gear lvl made it quite more efficient) which in turns means you can't leave corpses to loot on the way back because it takes too long to rotate.

Luckily it seems to share mats with Biraghi Den so tomorrow I'll try that out and probably forget about Nagas. Also still need to check out Fogans and Monastery, not gonna bother with the 3man Al Rhundi thing though since solo isn't gonna be worth it.

Also been trying to save money to get awakening blackstar for the ap, had almost enough money at the weekly reset, but instead I just spent it impulsively on blade lightstones to make Deathblow set and then since I got my 4th crystal of harmony from the worker node(got the other 3 from boss rush) I decided to craft 4 macalods which set me back like 2b. Oh well gonna get there eventually.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been testing various spots in Elvia now that Kratuga is dead(well Marni), just going to one spot, doing an hour to see how it works and stuff.

Did an hour at Orcs, I think I'm a bit short on AP, with weapon I can clear fast but without it's pretty slow, still was a nice 850m hour on my first hour but pretty sure it'd be faster with more dmg cause I can keep the buff thing going more or something. Upside is with my current AP(280), Marni orc size is plenty large enough.

Tested Altar Imps but I didn't bother checking on mechanics before like an idiot, and basically wasted half an hour doing camps normally, until I decided to go pick up the daillies, noticed it asked for summoned mobs(which I had seen spawn once at a flag randomly) which prompted me into looking around at the messages and stuff and figuring out I had been doing the spot entirely wrong. Was actually much better after that, although I can see how the 2 person tag makes sense not from a damage standpoint(had no issue with dmg solo even without weapon) but from an efficiency point where one person go and grab violent mobs while the other just kills everything at the flag.

Did an hour at Nagas and really didn't like it. I like the concept well enough it's simple, but whoever thought making 30 mobs packs in a game that has limited loot speed is a fucking idiot. You spend way too much time just lingering about to finish looting before you can move on. Also the plants respawn being slower than the mobs is another dumb design, have to do a rotation with more camps if you need the plant to kill(which at my gear lvl made it quite more efficient) which in turns means you can't leave corpses to loot on the way back because it takes too long to rotate.

Luckily it seems to share mats with Biraghi Den so tomorrow I'll try that out and probably forget about Nagas. Also still need to check out Fogans and Monastery, not gonna bother with the 3man Al Rhundi thing though since solo isn't gonna be worth it.

Also been trying to save money to get awakening blackstar for the ap, had almost enough money at the weekly reset, but instead I just spent it impulsively on blade lightstones to make Deathblow set and then since I got my 4th crystal of harmony from the worker node(got the other 3 from boss rush) I decided to craft 4 macalods which set me back like 2b. Oh well gonna get there eventually.
Try out Elvia Saunils as well, its probably pretty nice for you. I've found BM and Fogans to be the most fun out of the Serendia Elvia spots.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got 2 of those Halloween boss boxes from the Black Spirit's adventure, and got two Kutum Hearts.

So now I have 2 Garmoth, 1 Karanda, and 2 Kutum. Honestly don't even know wtf to do with the Karanda/Kutum ones. I planned on throwing the Karanda one into the Shai awakening if I ever get around to doing it. Maybe put the Kutum's into Tuvala?

• 1Mother of God

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did 1h at Fogans and Saunil today, Fogans is nice enough and gave me good money(but got 2 arids so probably lucky), Saunil was ok but money was on the low side, only around 600m, obviously a disto would help but distos aren't even that common based on garmoth data, I even got a captain and a big ogre so yeah not sure about that spot.

Also finished my carrack, cashed in my pit seals to buy 3 of the green gear and upgrade them got +10 cannon/plating and +6 sail or so before I ran out of stones, guess I'll refresh barters and go do black stones every now and then and keep doing pit to get the 4th part(I'm at 9k coins so not far, pit almost on its own basically paid for all 4 pieces which is nice). Need to sell the 50 or so T5 I had stocked up for carrack brilliant grinding and make some room in loml storage for materials, warehouse is starting to get a bit filled up.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did 1h at Fogans and Saunil today, Fogans is nice enough and gave me good money(but got 2 arids so probably lucky), Saunil was ok but money was on the low side, only around 600m, obviously a disto would help but distos aren't even that common based on garmoth data, I even got a captain and a big ogre so yeah not sure about that spot.

Also finished my carrack, cashed in my pit seals to buy 3 of the green gear and upgrade them got +10 cannon/plating and +6 sail or so before I ran out of stones, guess I'll refresh barters and go do black stones every now and then and keep doing pit to get the 4th part(I'm at 9k coins so not far, pit almost on its own basically paid for all 4 pieces which is nice). Need to sell the 50 or so T5 I had stocked up for carrack brilliant grinding and make some room in loml storage for materials, warehouse is starting to get a bit filled up.
I hate Serendia Elvia spots so much. In order for a good chunk of the silver/hour to be realized at those spots, you have to essentially spend enough time there to grind out an entire cup. And if you take away the unrealized cash of red shards, Orcs is basically the cash of Jade or Rhutums, but without the agris efficiency of Jade or the chill mechanics of Rhutums. Plus, all the Serendia Elvia spots are sweaty as shit, in terms of constantly needing to be on the move, moving as quickly as possible. The only time I enjoy those spots is when I have a weapon, but that's only 3-4x/hr.

Calpheon Elvia is 100x better. I agree that Saunils isn't the best, but it's insanely relaxed to grind. Pretty much all of the Calpheon Elvia spots suck for Distos though. They're basically just a, "huh, nice!" bonus. They do need to update Hexe though, IMO. That spot is way too sweaty for the silver/hour it provides now. You can roughly pull the same silver at Giants for much lower GS requirements and if you can grind Hexe, you can basically grind Dehkia Thornwood and make around 500m more/hr for less effort.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did Biraghi today, was pretty nice I like it it's straightforward and easy, lots of mobs though so I really need to finish upgrading my pets, I think next time they sell some pets at a good price I'll finish the 2 I have left.

My PO for tailoring coupon went in, had it for a bit over a month so that's nice, I'm gonna get the movespeed crystal so I have maxed movespeed all the time without needing to switch stuff around. Put another preorder for the crit crystal eventually and I guess I should get another for a training costume too eventually. Already used the free one for the diving suit. Oh and I got a Kutum Heart too so now I have Karanda and Kutum, budget shit but better than no stats. World boss spamming paying off, kinda. I'm also close to 300 nouver scales so Garmoth heart isn't that far off, still have to do the other steps which involve a bunch of money and grinding some spots(Tunkuta but Turo hearts will be on the market soon so I can just buy that and have to kill 10k ahib which should only take a couple of hours) but no rush, if I'm lucky they'll nerf the quest before I'm done too.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
WTF at these stupid Halloween boxes? Got another Kutum.

Untitled.png