Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
WTF at these stupid Halloween boxes? Got another Kutum.

View attachment 498139
Finally got some bags out of the minigame, got another kutum heart(first one was from actual kutum), big sad. Maybe I'll put it on my boss rush Witch, that or just liquify it into mysterious powders. However one thing I hadn't noticed is Vell dropped like a fucking brick due to this event, only 9b for the magic/10b for the heart on EU at least. Gonna be buying that next probably while it's low, it's only 1 sheet AP since I have Khan already but that gives me a bracket at 281 and I can sell khan to make half the money back anyway, so great deal.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit, I hadn't seen that. That's a massive drop. Had been at about 16b for forever.

I know Khan hearts dropped a bit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Stuck in the 293 AP bracket and it's a pain in the ass. Not really high enough for Hexe or Thornwood and I can't really pull decent numbers at Gyfin Lower with that either. 19-19.5k is about as good as I can do there.

So, I've been living at Giants but Awakened Witch is pretty ass there. It's basically Orcs and thus relies pretty heavily on movement. Best I can do there is around 25k.

I really hate that Awakened Witch has the reputation of "as good" or in some cases ever better than Woosa and it's almost entirely based on Thornwood(Crypt to a certain extent too, but that spot is really just about the Debo not silver). She's pretty much mid-tier just about everywhere else and Succ Witch is actually even better at Lower Gyfin by a decent margin. Trying to push to 300+AP is painful, especially knowing how "EZ mode" it'll get once I can finally get there, but gettting there is a slog.

The first Lahn buff didn't look that insane, but if her "double buff" makes it to live, I'll probably re-tag my Lahn simply for farming non-Thornwood spots. On paper, she's probably going to end up as the top grinder(top 3 at worst)at almost every spot.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't do Giants at 293, tbh. It felt slow to me when I was at 298, but feels good at 305.

You're in an odd spot, imo. You'll get basically the same money at low end spots as you will at the higher end spots you can run.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like that the Lahn buffs came like right after I decided to switch my main to Zerker. Guess I could switch back if it's as big as you're saying.

Finished up my mana pot last night. Got my 2nd full piece (first was Sherekhan) at Manshaums at 54 pities. Not bad. I hadn't really planned on grinding for it, but I did Tshira on season Valk and it was super chill, and was already halfway done with the Navarn one, so said fuck it.

If I do switch back, it'll be nice since I started having mana problems with the new Q buff (and since you no longer do A/D+LMB for prebuff, I had no real sustain there).

Also hit 301 AP a while ago, and sitting at 382 DP. I haven't done any actual grinding in a while, but I imagine Giants would be decent. I don't really want to go back to grinding cups as I'm super tired of the Serendia gimmick with weapons.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't plan on enhancing my own gear outside of PEN attempts on one of my weapons (J hammers, crons). Should I just be selling off most of these things? Sharps, memories etc? It seems like I should hold onto Caphras Stones because I will need a ton in the near future.

I am still working on PENing the Jetina ring (Crescent Guardian) its currently TET. I also haven't reformed any gear outside of Kutum to level 2 for the AP which put me into the 269 AP tier. I was thinking about a Godr Awakening weapon next.

Attachments

• inventory_value.png
    inventory_value.png
    590.9 KB · Views: 6

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like that the Lahn buffs came like right after I decided to switch my main to Zerker. Guess I could switch back if it's as big as you're saying.
Well, like all situations, the buffs are just "on paper" so far. On paper, Lahn looks like it'll be top tier. But, that doesn't always translate to reality. I still don't think Lahn is going to be incredible at Thornwood. She'll be solid and better obviously, but so will everybody else. She's still going to have pretty shitty AoE size and lack of frontal guards. Cybidium is the only frontal guard she really has, since the Magnus forward guard lasts all of 1-2 secs and has an 8 year cooldown. She also has the issue of her i-frame being a fucking massive stamina hog. But, I think she's going to be Top 3 pretty much everywhere outside of Thornwood and Crypt if the paper buffs translate to reality.

I'd imagine with all the changes we're getting, there will likely be a tag event(they'd be total cockfags if they don't do one). Just tag your Lahn to test it first. Mana pot helps a ton on Lahn though. It makes her feel a ton better. If you love the changes, that's when you reroll weapons.
I don't plan on enhancing my own gear outside of PEN attempts on one of my weapons (J hammers, crons). Should I just be selling off most of these things? Sharps, memories etc? It seems like I should hold onto Caphras Stones because I will need a ton in the near future.

I am still working on PENing the Jetina ring (Crescent Guardian) its currently TET. I also haven't reformed any gear outside of Kutum to level 2 for the AP which put me into the 269 AP tier. I was thinking about a Godr Awakening weapon next.
Yeah, definitely sell off black stones, sharps, hards, etc. if you don't plan on doing any enhancing. You will need some for enhancing Blackstar/Godr PEN attempts though, since they require a bit of that bullshit. I usually keep around 10-15 stones in storage and then just refresh them when I get down to around 3-5.
I wouldn't do Giants at 293, tbh. It felt slow to me when I was at 298, but feels good at 305.

You're in an odd spot, imo. You'll get basically the same money at low end spots as you will at the higher end spots you can run.
Yeah, it's a really shitty bracket to be in. Not quite high enough for a lot of the "end game" spots, but too high for a lot of mid-game stuff and Awake Witch is pretty "meh" at midgame shit, since most of it relies on movement.

I thought about doing Lower Syc, but trash doesn't really make you any money there and if you get low RNG you're looking at a terrible hour. Rhutum's would be ideal, but since the 2-flag nerf AND the trash amount nerf, it just doesn't make solid silver anymore and tends to be a lot of standing around, waiting. Saunil's is a great spot for Witch, but it's similar to Rhutum's in that it just doesn't make solid silver because of all the waiting around.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
It is my understanding that the first round of "buffs" were damage but next they were going to look at movement and protections. We will see on Friday, hopefully.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It is my understanding that the first round of "buffs" were damage but next they were going to look at movement and protections. We will see on Friday, hopefully.
KR gets the patch in a couple hours so we should have a much clearer picture on winners/losers by Friday for sure.

Like I said initially when all this was announced, this is just going to end up with PA constantly chasing their tail to catch everybody up to the "meta" class. I still believe this was a totally retarded precedent to set when all they needed to do was nerf Woosa a bit and buff the bottom 20% or so of classes.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So patch is live in KR, there's been some changes when it went live I believe but not sure what cause I'm too lazy to check, but anyway it's a lot of changes, some better than others and some somewhat questionnable. Also a tag fuel event as expected so people can play around with stuff. We'll be getting that next week along with the balance changes. Still no Ulukita questline/ator shoes for us though.

I've been pushing some of my life stuff, got Cooking to Guru finally, dumping energy into gathering to try to get it to Guru before the event ends but this one isn't going so hot, it is slow as shit so might need to wait for next event instead. The main issue I have with all the life stuff is my life gear is outdated shit(TRI Loggia I bought way back when, other than the 2 floramos) but upgraded to TRI/TET Manos is stupidly expensive and I just don't see myself making any of the money back so for now stick to this.

PvE wise gonna be able to buy DUO Godr Awakening weap today or tomorrow, after that I think I might want a DUO godr main weap to replace my TET Blackstar as it gives me enough AP for a bracket too, and then it's Disto time. Although I'll probably have to slide some crystal/lightstone purchases in there for species damage, as I'll be ap capped on a bunch of the Elvia spots which is where I'm farming for now.

Also been lvling a lot of alts and about to hit that 7k family fame on the next one or so(might have to grind a few life stuff on random chars to get the missing 15points). It's a really simple process with Eternal Mountain > Tag xp shared for a couple of hours.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So patch is live in KR, there's been some changes when it went live I believe but not sure what cause I'm too lazy to check, but anyway it's a lot of changes, some better than others and some somewhat questionnable. Also a tag fuel event as expected so people can play around with stuff. We'll be getting that next week along with the balance changes. Still no Ulukita questline/ator shoes for us though.

I've been pushing some of my life stuff, got Cooking to Guru finally, dumping energy into gathering to try to get it to Guru before the event ends but this one isn't going so hot, it is slow as shit so might need to wait for next event instead. The main issue I have with all the life stuff is my life gear is outdated shit(TRI Loggia I bought way back when, other than the 2 floramos) but upgraded to TRI/TET Manos is stupidly expensive and I just don't see myself making any of the money back so for now stick to this.

PvE wise gonna be able to buy DUO Godr Awakening weap today or tomorrow, after that I think I might want a DUO godr main weap to replace my TET Blackstar as it gives me enough AP for a bracket too, and then it's Disto time. Although I'll probably have to slide some crystal/lightstone purchases in there for species damage, as I'll be ap capped on a bunch of the Elvia spots which is where I'm farming for now.

Also been lvling a lot of alts and about to hit that 7k family fame on the next one or so(might have to grind a few life stuff on random chars to get the missing 15points). It's a really simple process with Eternal Mountain > Tag xp shared for a couple of hours.
What are you gathering? I would think the Herbs or Deer around Behr would be good/fast xp. Or maybe somewhere over in LoML?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What are you gathering? I would think the Herbs or Deer around Behr would be good/fast xp. Or maybe somewhere over in LoML?
I'm doing herbs, but next to Velia cause Behr is far AND it's overcamped as fuck, there's no difference either, the Velia spot has a ton of herbs in a small area, even has a truffle so I usually grab ~10truffles on the way, not much but it's free. Even then it's still pretty slow, like yesterday I did a full level in an hour but that was with energy potions so can't sustain it that long and I'm still only master 9 so it'll slow down. Still event lasts a while so I expect I'll get to maybe master 20 or something, which is still nice.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Lifeskills are weird in that they take a TON of siliver investment that takes a LONG time to payoff, but that investment only really sees benefit at the "high-end".

To put it in combat terms: it'd be like if you had to have 680GS before you could make 700m/hr at Kratuga, but in the entire interim between 0-680GS, you're farming Shultz for 200m/hr.

I like how chill/relaxed LS are, but I just never bothered because of how meaningless the silver is until you're pushing 2000 mastery(except sniping now, but I can't stand that stupid mini-game).

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's exactly my opinion too, on one hand I do a fair bit of it cause I like the breaks and the varied activities but on the other hand the investment needed is way too big and it would take forever to pay back, when I could just put the money toward improving my pve gear and seeing directly results instantly, so feels not worth it. If I was softcap pve where the next upgrade is 300b worth of crons bullshit it'd make sense to drop 50b on some manos stuff I think but at my current point it just doesn't make any sense, but still feels bad to have meh stats whenever I do something.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I started using the human damage elixirs and changed up my rotation a bit on Witch (mostly added CDs to my UI so I can keep up T3 buffs better). Went from around 23-24k trash at Giants to 26-27k now. I think I can live with that.

I've seen a Witch claiming 34k with a Garmoth screenshot(so I take it with a huge grain of salt), but I don't think I can touch that until I'm near the AP cap and go insano mode with human damage crystals, lightstones, etc. Cool and all, but I don't love the spot enough to invest that much. I think if I could finally get a fucking Garmoth heart for my last 2 crystal slots, to add some human damage, and swapped my lightstones from deathblow to human, I could probably inch pretty close to 30k. But 34k seems pretty impossible if you aren't Loony tier at Witch.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New global lab update is on, notable stuff is:

• Normalizing addons, instead of being a/b/c for x seconds, it's b for x/y/z seconds, which means you can consistently keep up all your buffs better, although some take a small nerf in the process if you were using them on tier 3, but not all, like AP is +30 all the time for example instead of using the middle value
  • New sea content including a new rare boss Siren with a new "boat crop" that comes in loggia/blue/manos version giving a bunch of sailling speed and mastery, manos version requires drops from the new monster
  • Buff to crystal rewards from blackshrine as well as coins including a vendor exchange option for the sangpyeong coins(a girin fragment is 1500coins only which sounds pretty fucking cheap since you can get a fair amount of coins doing daillies there). Assuming there's no weekly limit on the vendor or anything, I feel prices are going to drop like a brick. Some nerfs to some bosses too especially Imoogi's getting fucked up with nerfs
  • New Garmoth pity piece system, you can get pity pieces from the bags now too, 10pity=1heart, presumably pity rate would be 10x. Price of heart doubled to 20b to get ppl to sell them. Nouver drops more 2.5 as many scales for the old quest, which also gets a couple steps nerfed(Thornwood and the elemental stones bit)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
New global lab update is on, notable stuff is:

• Normalizing addons, instead of being a/b/c for x seconds, it's b for x/y/z seconds, which means you can consistently keep up all your buffs better, although some take a small nerf in the process if you were using them on tier 3, but not all, like AP is +30 all the time for example instead of using the middle value
  • New sea content including a new rare boss Siren with a new "boat crop" that comes in loggia/blue/manos version giving a bunch of sailling speed and mastery, manos version requires drops from the new monster
  • Buff to crystal rewards from blackshrine as well as coins including a vendor exchange option for the sangpyeong coins(a girin fragment is 1500coins only which sounds pretty fucking cheap since you can get a fair amount of coins doing daillies there). Assuming there's no weekly limit on the vendor or anything, I feel prices are going to drop like a brick. Some nerfs to some bosses too especially Imoogi's getting fucked up with nerfs
  • New Garmoth pity piece system, you can get pity pieces from the bags now too, 10pity=1heart, presumably pity rate would be 10x. Price of heart doubled to 20b to get ppl to sell them. Nouver drops more 2.5 as many scales for the old quest, which also gets a couple steps nerfed(Thornwood and the elemental stones bit)
Glad to see Imoogi finally get some nerfs. He was easily the most retarded boss. I haven't killed him past C4 just because he's so annoying to deal with.

Girin's are going to tank like a rock, but it's a great change. I instantly went and sold a couple fragments and 2 crystals I had hanging out in market storage.

As a dude who has done well over 150 Garmoth's and has yet to see a heart/had an order fill, I can't fucking wait for that change. Garmoth is such a massive, important power boost to your character and it sucks getting RNG gate kept.

Riding crop for boats is whatever. I wish I could bring myself to care about sailing, but I just don't. I think the runup to sailies and all the bartering I had to do for my Carrack just sapped my will to participate in ocean shit now. I'll occasionally do barter runs when I'm watching sports or something, so I guess it'll be nice for that? Meh.

Addon changes have some pretty big implications. Completely changes certain classes, especially those that didn't really have T3 options. I think it has much larger PvP implications, but it should make some pretty large impacts in PvE too(I think addon impact is somewhat overrated in PvE). The larger impact for some classes is it means you can probably drop Deathblow for mob specific damage now or maybe even Vicious Shadows.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I sold a crystal, I'm keeping the fragments cause I'll need to make an actual girin so might as well wait for that, plus they're less value anyway(2b for the crystal but 500m for the frags). Having a Girin should be a nice upgrade, also overall this should make Boss rush more profitable consistently since you can just cash the coins out for more silver so overall like it very much. I'd still like them to remove crystal breaks but if you can buy the crystals you need more easily if they break, it's not so bad.

Garmoth we'll see how much it impacts the actual drops, but it's nice enough. Also I'm at like 310 nouver scales so I'll be able to finish that one pretty quickly regardless especially with the 5-7 scales per kill. Just need to put together the other stuff, I have most but I have to grind Turos/buy hearts.

Addons is definitely a big pve improvement and probably pvp too, especially for weird classes. Shai don't have a T3 skill for example because of their really low cd so it's basically free 10AP. It's also kinda easier to understand/make your own addons and your rotation is less important to keep in order to keep uptime on your addons since you don't need to make sure you space your T3s and stuff.

Did a Biraghi Den hour but this time switched to a human pve crystal setup and it made a huge difference so kinda nice. Jumped from 18k trash to 21k trash. Also got luckier on drops(3keys and 1 nail) so ended up doing a 1b+ hour which is pretty neat. Need another hour and an hour at fogan then I can make a 5b cup and buy duo godr awakening. Might hold out a bit and see if Vaha earrings drop in value with the double rewards dungeon event though, since they're basically the same as Distos and still need these.