Black Desert

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So you have no real clue and its pretty much still "who really knows but the developers, if that" at this stage, as what everyone but you was saying.
I was just trying to be helpful. But, it's good to know some of you PRX guys are still butthurt. Made my day.
smile.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm actually shocked how well this game runs. Granted I've got a fairly high end system, but all the visuals of I've seen up until now made me expect a slide show. Smooth as button with fully maxed settings, even in the cluster fuck of people that is the starting area.

The popin is a bit ridiculous, but I suppose if that's what it takes to get 60+ fps then whatever.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have quite a few questions. I made it to 18 in four hours, but a big part was getting out of the starting area before anyone else.

1: Do you have to do the black spirit tasks, or any other quests? The only reward of note was the donkey, and it seems like escaping the pack of people and just going to grind somewhere else is a little bit faster.
1a: Can you skip quests, like the early Black Spirit quests and pick them back up at whatever level you're currently at? They seem to activate when you hit a certain level, but I'm not sure if it's like WoW questing where if you skip a hub, you can't progress any further.

2: What the fuck is the story about? I don't know if I was missing text or something, but I had absolutely no idea what was going on and I made an effort to read/watch everything.

3: You need to buy things out of the store to respec? So if you aren't willing to spend real money, you have to know exactly where you are going to spend your points?

4: As Wizard, it seemed like a lot of the spells did the same thing. Chain Lightning was spammable AOE damage, but so was Lightning and Fireball. The only difference, at lower levels, that I could see was aesthetics.

5: Is it like UO in that your mount always stays in the world, there's no picking it up unless you're at a stable? My donkey died and it cost a lot to resurrect it, I think.

6: Which items do you save to sell in the player store vs vendoring?

7: Is it possible to be a healer specialized Wizard, and if so do you select the abilities that make it easy to level then respec at 50+?

I'm not sold on the Wizard personally. Every other class seemed to be talking about how much they enjoyed theirs, but I found myself going into the middle of spawns and spamming shift and LMB to do chain lightning. I'd just hold it down and spin, and kill pretty much everything. There was no need to cast anything else besides that and Absorb Mana which would refill my resource bar.

Okay, so in that class video, the guy basically says Chain Lightning wrecks everything until higher level where it falls off in damage. Hakurai is so hilarious...

Woolygimp

Exactly what I was looking for. Game has a lot more depth than I thought, or at least quite a few systems in place.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
So what is this game now? It was a sandbox game and then they took out all the sandbox elements. It was a PVP game and then they fucked PVP. I want to play this game because I want to PVP and kill people. Is this game for me?

Woolygimp

It certainly seems very sandbox-esque to me, there's quite a bit to do. The leveling is kind of theme-parkish, but it has quite a few features from UO, except item loss, which is arguably one of the most important. AFK-macroing to level (certain things, non combat) is in the game.

Can anyone confirm that auto-loop running to raise hp/stamina has been taken out? I can't set a complete loop and I found this on the forums:
I recently read that the Continuous Loop feature is not making its way to the EU/NA version of Black Desert. This is a terrible shame! Please let me explain why. And hopefully, with a little luck, our friendly publishers at Daum EU will find my arguments convincing enough to include this all-important feature for the Western fans of their game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I didn't go into this game expecting a whole lot but the combat feels very solid, for melee anyways. Also it's pretty as fuck.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I have quite a few questions. I made it to 18 in four hours, but a big part was getting out of the starting area before anyone else.

1: Do you have to do the black spirit tasks, or any other quests? The only reward of note was the donkey, and it seems like escaping the pack of people and just going to grind somewhere else is a little bit faster.
1a: Can you skip quests, like the early Black Spirit quests and pick them back up at whatever level you're currently at? They seem to activate when you hit a certain level, but I'm not sure if it's like WoW questing where if you skip a hub, you can't progress any further.

2: What the fuck is the story about? I don't know if I was missing text or something, but I had absolutely no idea what was going on and I made an effort to read/watch everything.

3: You need to buy things out of the store to respec? So if you aren't willing to spend real money, you have to know exactly where you are going to spend your points?

4: As Wizard, it seemed like a lot of the spells did the same thing. Chain Lightning was spammable AOE damage, but so was Lightning and Fireball. The only difference, at lower levels, that I could see was aesthetics.

5: Is it like UO in that your mount always stays in the world, there's no picking it up unless you're at a stable? My donkey died and it cost a lot to resurrect it, I think.

6: Which items do you save to sell in the player store vs vendoring?

7: Is it possible to be a healer specialized Wizard, and if so do you select the abilities that make it easy to level then respec at 50+?

I'm not sold on the Wizard personally. Every other class seemed to be talking about how much they enjoyed theirs, but I found myself going into the middle of spawns and spamming shift and LMB to do chain lightning. I'd just hold it down and spin, and kill pretty much everything. There was no need to cast anything else besides that and Absorb Mana which would refill my resource bar.

Okay, so in that class video, the guy basically says Chain Lightning wrecks everything until higher level where it falls off in damage. Hakurai is so hilarious...
1) The only quest you have to do is the one where you unlock the enchantment process. That starts at a certain level talkign to Jaina or Janna and you end up running into that cave. Everything else can be skipped. You should be doing Awakening quests if you want and make sure you do your class quest at 16ish to get your skill. You can go back and do them.

2) No idea, lore? what?

3) Plan your shit out. It's hard to respec.

4) Look up different combos etc. There are different things you can chain/anim cancel out of.

5) Yes.

6) There are trade goods and they are labeled properly. I'd save shit if possible. You need lesser graded gear to increase durability after enchanting it.

7) No. There really isn't anything to specialize around for healing.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So what is this game now? It was a sandbox game and then they took out all the sandbox elements. It was a PVP game and then they fucked PVP. I want to play this game because I want to PVP and kill people. Is this game for me?
Currently the game is anti ganking and is more focused on organized guild warfare.

Woolygimp

Draegan, are Wizards really as bad as people are saying in 1v1s? I can't find any videos of good players playing them in duels or 3v3s. They look stupid as hell compared to the other classes at end-game, and Berserker looks really cool with that one set and their Awakening weapon. Look like a medieval version of a Space Marine.
...but I'm drawn to ranged classes in every game I play, and I don't know if I can tolerate a class without any ranged abilities until their awakening weapon. I really can't decide, can you tell me anything that could sway me one way or another?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thought I'd get some playtime in, apparently forgot to download the client yesterday after installing the patcher though. Now downloading at a shitty 2mb/s because, I don't know, overloaded servers I guess? Guess I'll check it out tomorrow.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Draegan, are Wizards really as bad as people are saying in 1v1s? I can't find any videos of good players playing them in duels or 3v3s. They look stupid as hell compared to the other classes at end-game, and Berserker looks really cool with that one set and their Awakening weapon. Look like a medieval version of a Space Marine.
...but I'm drawn to ranged classes in every game I play, and I don't know if I can tolerate a class without any ranged abilities until their awakening weapon. I really can't decide, can you tell me anything that could sway me one way or another?
Im far from an expert but wizards are great in sieges but not as good in 1v1 but they aren't terrible. If youre good you can win but you're mobility isn't the best.

Wizard awakening hasn't been released yet though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So a few notes so far:

1) This is horribly localized. Examples: the black spirit is all the worst parts of annoying shitty anime characters put together in one voiceover, and the game displays last name above first name.
2) This game is not ready for a huge pop influx. The starter quests are seriously worse than day 1 WoW with mob density. Talking Goldshire on Warsong day 1 was better.
3) I really like the terrain features and specifically vegetation. In other games it was just kind of a piece of the visual background but here it actually obscures things pretty well.
4) Voice overs would have been better just not included at all. I think the opening cinematic seems done by a George Takei impersonator, besides that they are worse than a 10 year old trying to recite the Gettysburg Address in front of the class.
5) The movement is very weighty, it doesn't feel bad but coming from BnS this feels like your characters are Rosie O'Donnell in full platemail.
6) The combat is decent for the 9 mobs I've found in the last 30 minutes of gameplay in the newbie village but overall it feels very penalizing to melee (at least the valk). I like action games to have some sort of 'commitment' to an attack, IE movement or weight and this does but it feels like you date, marry and divorce the space in front of your character after you press the button by time your swing is finished. I can see ranged classes or ones that have quick attacks would have a huge advantage.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Valks get really good once you get shield throw and celestial spear in the teens. Melee is really fun in this game.