Black Desert

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure about longevity, but at least for now, this is one of my favorite games of all time.

I just wish Daum wasn't so incompetent.

Edit: My wife has spent the last week running around taming horses and breeding/releasing/training. I cant think of an mmo since swg that was so rewarding to do non-combat activities.

Edit2: Friday night, after spending some time doing tradepack runs to increase my strength, I look at the clock to discover it is no longer Friday night, but rather Saturday morning... 5:43 am :/

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The common theme I'm seeing is people really loving all the different systems in the game and almost everything is not related to combat and gear. Pretty cool.

Personally I'm only level 42. This last week has been busy, few job interviews, a few meetings, a wife's birthday. Tried to grind on Chimeras and every single channel I went to the spawns were broken.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure about longevity, but at least for now, this is one of my favorite games of all time.

I just wish Daum wasn't so incompetent.

Edit: My wife has spent the last week running around taming horses and breeding/releasing/training. I cant think of an mmo since swg that was so rewarding to do non-combat activities.

Edit2: Friday night, after spending some time doing tradepack runs to increase my strength, I look at the clock to discover it is no longer Friday night, but rather Saturday morning... 5:43 am :/
How hard was it to find sparse untamed horses (and what server are you on)? I haven't tried to tame because I feel like the spawns will all be camped/empty.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The common theme I'm seeing is people really loving all the different systems in the game and almost everything is not related to combat and gear. Pretty cool.

Personally I'm only level 42. This last week has been busy, few job interviews, a few meetings, a wife's birthday. Tried to grind on Chimeras and every single channel I went to the spawns were broken.
Yeah I'm going into Hasla-weapon farming mode where I'm waking up a couple hours earlier and getting some farming done pre-work.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I might have to go that route. I think once my life is less hectic, I can find some places to grind 3 more levels to 45 than just leech off someone's catfish group.

Variise

N00b
This seems like a really amazing game until the endgame. Supposedly the endgame is entirely guild pvp oriented which people in gear one tier below their opponent being completely ineffective vs them. At least that's what I read from someone who was playing it for over a year. Maybe the NA/EU version is different or that guy is just making shit up?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
How hard was it to find sparse untamed horses (and what server are you on)? I haven't tried to tame because I feel like the spawns will all be camped/empty.
On Uno (rolled Orwen to play with my brother, but our channel got moved.)

It isn't too hard to find them once you know a few of their spawn points. A channel shift or 2 later and you'll have a horse or two. Getting females can be an issue though. She is constantly complaining about her stable sausage party.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This seems like a really amazing game until the endgame. Supposedly the endgame is entirely guild pvp oriented which people in gear one tier below their opponent being completely ineffective vs them. At least that's what I read from someone who was playing it for over a year. Maybe the NA/EU version is different or that guy is just making shit up?
How it shakes out exactly has yet to be seen, but that's about what we're thinking. Endgame is about competing in an open PvP environment and gear/levels REALLY matter.

The node/resource/crafting/etc game that a lot of people are having fun with has depth and is an interesting puzzle to solve. But like a lot of city builder/management type games once it is a solved problem and everything is set up, then it's just a matter of pressing some set of buttons George Jetson style to keep the machine running. At that point your gameplay should involve cycling your workers, processing your mats then doing something else. What that something else is, we'll see. ArcheAge had the advantage that the something else was moving your goods through pirate infested waters.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well, good weekend...went from 18 to 22 in about 15 hours of gameplay.

I did expand my node empire, having over 80 contribution points now. My gathering, processing, fishing, trading, and 1 other I forgot are all over midway through the apprentice(rank 2) level in progression.

I barely touched farming yet, and haven't touched horse taming and breeding. So still more to learn and do.

I broke my cooking station, but I have 3 more from questing, so all good.
smile.png

My house is nicely decorated, I have like 4-5 items from quests in there, like bowl of soup, some plate filled with food, and pots on the wall.

The limit of 30 quest at a time is aggravating. I am constantly at 30, and have to skip quest everywhere. Must have like 10 quests in Hidel alone that I cannot pick up. I do some, but it just keep opening more chains.
smile.png

The tamer pet, is pretty cool, but totally bugged. He's suppose to last 3 mins, but he's up sometimes for 30 minutes plus, not sure what the deal is. At level 22, he's a beast, I heard he doesn't scale very well, but he's a monster right now.

It's been a long time since I had this much fun playing a MMO. Keeping me up later than usual, and sometimes logging in for 30-60 minutes before heading out for work.

I fucking hate the limited inventory and bank space though.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's sort of what I'm worried about right now as well. I knew PvP was a focus going in but with currently being forced to be a casual, I'm not going to be able to keep up with PRX at the moment so I'm running guildless and I feel like I'm not going to be able to do that at 50. Hopefully I have more time to actually play by then.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Had fun and learned a lot at the dueling event last night. Hope to fight a few Sorc next time.

I know it's early yet, but I hope Daum considers some sort of normalization around +15 / reduces the effect of level on PvP, especially now that the spawns have slowed down and there hasn't been word yet of this being a bug (which leads me to believe it's "an adjustment"). Everybody who already hit 52 is way ahead now and it will only get worse when more of the March 3 crowd gets to Catfish / Mansha / etc.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Tuco, I tamed 5 horses this weekend on Edan with only a couple channel hops. Horses are there, just have to be quick and don't fail the tame someone will jump in and take it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Game is fun as I delve into the various systems but I foresee this korean Energy system being fun-killing.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Small tip about energy.

All the characters on your account share the same MAX energy, but they each have their own individual energy pool.

So you can use your alts energy to do some stuff like investing in nodes to raise their level, or talk to people to gain amity since amity level is shared between characters.

Then you can use the energy on your main for your normal activity, like gathering, processing, etc...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco, I tamed 5 horses this weekend on Edan with only a couple channel hops. Horses are there, just have to be quick and don't fail the tame someone will jump in and take it.
Thanks, Vepil.

There are some slots open in the guild btw!

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I finally got the email to activate my account. Not sure if there is an inherent delay or it was a one off issue over the weekend.

Download should be complete by the time I get home tonight. I'll probably end up spending most of the night on the character creation, but I'm still looking forward to even that. My only gripe is classes being gender locked.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
I finally got the email to activate my account. Not sure if there is an inherent delay or it was a one off issue over the weekend.

Download should be complete by the time I get home tonight. I'll probably end up spending most of the night on the character creation, but I'm still looking forward to even that. My only gripe is classes being gender locked.
They were having email trouble.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there an auto-loot or an AE loot that I just have turned off? For a game focused on grinding of mass mobs, having to individually loot each one (and the delay in spamming 'R') is really, really sucky.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Pets will autoloot for you. You can apparently buy them on the AH or with real $$ in the cash shop.