Black Desert

Roxette_sl

shitlord
Hi guys, does anyone have a guest pass they can PM me?

I really really want to try this game out but I am finding it really hard to spend the money given the track record on MMO's the last couple of years.
frown.png

Pinadil

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was getting bored of the quest grind and just started exploring at level 20. Go check out Delphe Knight Castle in the central mountains for a cool set-piece battle.

I gave AFK fishing a try today and came home to zero fish and 8 silver keys. What do these get used for? Hidden chests?

Are there any casual guilds on Edan? I doubt I'll play enough for PRX.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Also interested in a guest pass if anyone has still got one available. Roommate gave his pass to my brother, so I'm sitting here playing League and missing out!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was getting bored of the quest grind and just started exploring at level 20. Go check out Delphe Knight Castle in the central mountains for a cool set-piece battle.

I gave AFK fishing a try today and came home to zero fish and 8 silver keys. What do these get used for? Hidden chests?

Are there any casual guilds on Edan? I doubt I'll play enough for PRX.
You'll find locked chests around the world, using a Silver key will reward better items than using a Bronze key (in my experience).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've got like 60 silver keys, rarely ever find a chest to use them on! Never seen a bronze key, either.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What did you other Rangers use for leveling gear? I'm currently doing Azwell Bow, Bronze dagger, Taritas x3 and a random chest that gives some +weight. Accuracy stacking, basically. Bares rings/ears, Kalis belt/neck.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
What did you other Rangers use for leveling gear? I'm currently doing Azwell Bow, Bronze dagger, Taritas x3 and a random chest that gives some +weight. Accuracy stacking, basically. Bares rings/ears, Kalis belt/neck.
Yuria bow, zereth helm/boots, heve chest/gloves. and everything else stays the same in your list.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So wtf. Are you always going to look like shit unless you buy a costume from the pearl shop?

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Game is fun but very time intensive. To those who were worried about there being no end-game, have no worries as there's probably as much or more to do than at WoW vanilla launch. Hitting 55 will take weeks until Mediah, which is just around the corner. Takes a very long time fully gear out, especially since most classes need an AP/DP set for small battles, and a DP set for larger.

Grinding is pretty fun, but is absolutely necessary to succeed.

There's a bugged AFK fishing spot directly north of Coastal Cave. Grab the Luciano Island node from BDOtomes.com so that fish you catch there give you full value, and you can easily make a mill every six hours. Just look for the HUGE flotilla of bots crammed on a tiny spot for the spot, it looks like something out of waterworld.

Woolygimp

Game is the closest thing to Ultima Online in fifteen years. Not as fun as Ultima Online, but it's a good game. The anti-bot/gold selling farming mechanics are a pain, and don't even think about using an alt account to AFK fish with... but they seem to work.

If you want money, there are many ways to go about it and it probably has the best crafting system to date in an MMO. And some of those ways you can usually be AFK a good portion of the time, but YOU have to do the work.

All the bullshit about there being no end-game was bullshit. Yeah, there's no raids but there's plenty of other things to do than large bosses.

My biggest gripe is the p2w aspects of the cash shop. Anyone who says that something that costs $.040 and prevents you from having to run back, and even keeps you from losing a percent of EXP which translates to 30 minutes to 1 hour of grinding isn't P2W is lying to themselves. Not to mention the god damn ghilli suits which hide both name and guild, so you don't have any fucking idea if the guy next to you is in a friendly/hostile guild or a PK.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Looking for a good PvP game but still waiting to see what direction the game goes. I'm not concerned with the state of the game currently but in the past, PvP games typically make changes based on the squeaky wheels and it's not alway for the better. If their system is good, then I'm hoping they stick to their guns and add creative new aspects when necessary. If they start making changes to placate people then it will lose its appeal quickly.

Woolygimp

Looking for a good PvP game but still waiting to see what direction the game goes. I'm not concerned with the state of the game currently but in the past, PvP games typically make changes based on the squeaky wheels and it's not alway for the better. If their system is good, then I'm hoping they stick to their guns and add creative new aspects when necessary. If they start making changes to placate people then it will lose its appeal quickly.
Game is worth the price, but expect to spend have to buy 100 Elion's Tears and a $20 costume (either +10% experience or Ghilli Suit) if you want to actually compete.

Start AFK fishing at the spot I mentioned earlier as soon as possible, and get a good high durability fishing pole. Craft a Balph's (blue with no fishing requirement, 50 dura) and you can have yourself a pole that will last all night. Then you just need to quest on your fishing alt to get some inventory space.

It really is worth playing. Every day you have to login to claim loyalty points and do your daily scrolls as they really generate profit. Each scroll boss gets you another 4 people's bosses (since groups tend to group around everyone having the same amount of scrolls), so you get 5 marks and a few black stones all tallying up to roughly 1-2 mil per scroll.

So each daily is 1-2 mil, AFK fishing over 24 hours (if you go to town 3x every 24h) nets you another 1.5 mil. So you're looking at 3 mil per day logging in.

I have a 40 wizard, 50 Berserker, 50 Warrior. I went back to my Berserker after talking to Jamrock. Choose wisely, ALL the classes have massively different playstyles. Berserker is the best farming class in the game atm, followed by Wizard. There are almost no tamers.
Warrior is fun but I just liked the chaoticness of the Berserker. Wizards are a ton of fun, can't go wrong with it.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game is fun but very time intensive. To those who were worried about there being no end-game, have no worries as there's probably as much or more to do than at WoW vanilla launch. Hitting 55 will take weeks until Mediah, which is just around the corner. Takes a very long time fully gear out, especially since most classes need an AP/DP set for small battles, and a DP set for larger.

Grinding is pretty fun, but is absolutely necessary to succeed.

There's a bugged AFK fishing spot directly north of Coastal Cave. Grab the Luciano Island node from BDOtomes.com so that fish you catch there give you full value, and you can easily make a mill every six hours. Just look for the HUGE flotilla of bots crammed on a tiny spot for the spot, it looks like something out of waterworld.
That's not a bugged spot. It's a Hotspot which is very normal in the game. It's also always exhausted.
smile.png

There's a spot I discovered west of Ilya islan which almost always abundant. There's a warehouse in the island who will exchange your silver into gold ingots and there's a trader too. I make 1m in 30 minutes of fishing and I'm not even skilled yet.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Time intensive may not be for me right now. Not saying that's a fault of the game or a negative that needs to be corrected. Just don't have it right now.
frown.png

Thanks for the good info though. Maybe i'll keep working towards a heart attack or mental breakdown with LoL until more time opens up.