Black Desert

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Game is definitely worth checking out. It'll depend how pvp is here in the west. If it's a shitty korean system then nevermind.

I played briefly in a Korean server. Combat is pretty fun but the lack of English made me feel lost.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Guess I'll check the beta and shit, but atm more looking forward Blade and Soul even if it's like 4years old and shit, the combat was so good I can't wait for the actual release/EU ping.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully it's more then I hear. Every time I read something or ask someone its "oh its pretty and the character creation is insane and um..." and that's it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think part of the reason you don't hear much about it, is that there is a serious language issue with the game being in Korean.

Most of the game systems are complex, or at least seems that way when you don't understand Korean. Playing Blade and Soul or ArcheAge was pretty easy the games were fairly straightforward and people could manage easily enough. It's truly not the case with Black Desert.

Even with watching YouTube guides for some of the stuff doesn't really help. So I think most people are like me, they have no fucking clue what to do, how play and certainly no how to explain things to others.
smile.png

Farming for example takes into account the soil, humidity and stuff like that...it looks interesting but I can't really say if it is or not.

Most NPC have their own faction that you can raise individually. You talk to NPC to hear rumours, then share those with other NPC to raise your reputation with them, but each NPC has different things they like to hear about. It's a mini that again looked interesting except it's close to impossible to play if you don't read Korean.

Trading and traderoutes is pretty much the same. Hell I couldn't even complete some quests even though I'm standing at the quest marker talking to the quest NPC.

So honesty aside from commenting on character creation and combat, you probably won't hear much. It seems to have tons of stuff to do in an sandbox type of way, but it's hard to say how much, if it's fun, or necessary or rewarding.

It looks like a promising game. I know that I will definitely give it a try even though I'm not fond of the combat....but then again maybe I was missing the intricacies of it.
smile.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm maybe. I hear its very grindy(ie upgrading gear constantly and to keep grinding past soft cap) if you want to not be food in pvp. And Guild vs Guild is about all the content it has. Also the Karma system pretty much made it where you do not want to kill anyone not currently @ war with your guild, since you can I guess lose items and even upgrade levels on your gear, not counting npc/guards hunting you down and any player can attack you anywhere. And I from what I read upgrade levels are insanely important

Mainly based on people who have played korean version extensively.

A good Guild vs Guild pvp game is great imo, if you can find a good guild. Archeage was decent, but man the p2w was insane in that game. Hopefully that doesn't follow here, considering how it seems weapons/armor are even more important.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm very curious what they do with the karma system. They mentioned they are changing some systems for the west. I've had my eye on this game for years now. Glad to see it's coming within the next 6? months.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Anyone here playing RU? I tried out B&S last night and tonight I will be trying out Black Desert.

One of my very good friends from ArcheAge has been playing the game for months. He made a video guide on how to install and play the RU version which you can find here:

http://youtu.be/Hk8RjbMTOiA

He also has a Twitch channel and streams most nights. You can ask questions there and he should be able to answer. He knows a lot about the game.

www.twitch.tv/happyghost1

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Welp, as of this morning, apparently Black Desert RU is region-locked. You can get around it with a Russian VPN, though.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are there any free VPN's out there or are all monthly service fees to use? I'm using one that has a trial and the game is pretty fun so far and I would check it out casually if I could for free.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Are there any free VPN's out there or are all monthly service fees to use? I'm using one that has a trial and the game is pretty fun so far and I would check it out casually if I could for free.
WTFasthas both free and paid plans, and although I haven't used it myself, lots of people say it works.

SoftEtheris the one I use. It's a VPN program maintained by some university in Japan. Completely free, but the locations listings change depending on who's hosting at the time (it's basically a directory of public VPNs). There are generally 1-3 Russia connections available. WTFast is probably better/more reliable but I already had SoftEther installed so that's why I use it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
God this game looks so awesome. I'm sure it'll be disappointing in most ways like every MMO is, but damn if it doesn't look better than anything has in years.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
God this game looks so awesome. I'm sure it'll be disappointing in most ways like every MMO is, but damn if it doesn't look better than anything has in years.
The world is quite beautiful, too bad the UI is so intrusive that you can't see it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
According to the giveway, alpha goes live on October 26th.

So in October 2015 we have:

Rift Expansion
Star Wars Expansion
Guild Wars 2 Expansion
Blade and Soul Alpha/Beta
Black Desert Alpha

This is ridiculous.
smile.png