Black Desert

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Player cities? Isn't all the housing instanced?

From what I read the housing sounds like a Garrison type thing, where you build workshops and have NPCs craft stuff for you.

I think originally it was like SWG housing all out in the open and you visited player shops to buy equipment.

The trade runs do look like AA style, build/make packs, put on donkey and go ride to another town for gold.

Haven't looked into Sieges.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
S8v3arK.png

s7ebgNs.png

ebK2WG0.png

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

From what I read the housing sounds like a Garrison type thing, where you build workshops and have NPCs craft stuff for you.

I think originally it was like SWG housing all out in the open and you visited player shops to buy equipment.

The trade runs do look like AA style, build/make packs, put on donkey and go ride to another town for gold.

well keep in mind i'm talking about 2012? 2013? whenever they first announced this game and what it was supposed to be about. then I saw it was like 2015 for korea and like 2017 maybe for US and I said fuck it and stopped following it.

fast forward 3 years and the launch date isn't so goddamn unreasonable, so i'm just trying to get caught up with what was promised vs what looks like is gonna be delivered.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This trailer still gets me hype for this -

and char creation is dope as f

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What would be cool for this game is if they had a way to export created character models because there are some real pros out there and would be hilarious to see a field of Emma Watson clones

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
What would be cool for this game is if they had a way to export created character models because there are some real pros out there and would be hilarious to see a field of Emma Watson clones
You can, sort of. You can save the info to a file but it overwrites with each character so you have to manually copy, save, repeat if you want to save multiple looks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man kind of bad packages compared to say Blade and soul(where they gave $90 in cash-shop currency and 3 months of sub($45) in their $125 package),here the $100 is $25 in currency and everything else is in-game fluff.Though I guess they have no sub options at all, should of given out more cash shop currency. The 2 extra days of headstart in the $100 though is important, it's pretty big for mmos, especially this type. Almost makes you have to buy that if you want to be competitive(remember no level caps and grinding out levels and + to armor/weapons is huge).

Also no buying, trying it out then getting a refund if you didn't like it, like you could with BnS(and a lot of recent games as refund policies get looser).

Guess I will need to see if I can get a key through some giveaway to try the game out before I think about buying.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Man kind of bad packages compared to say Blade and soul(where they gave $90 in cash-shop currency and 3 months of sub($45) in their $125 package),here the $100 is $25 in currency and everything else is in-game fluff. The 2 extra days of headstart in the $100 though is important, it's pretty big for mmos, especially this type. Almost makes you have to buy that if you want to be competitive(remember no level caps and grinding out levels and + to armor/weapons is huge).

Also no buying, trying it out then getting a refund if you didn't like it, like you could with BnS(and a lot of recent games as refund policies get looser).

Guess I will need to see if I can get a key through some giveaway to try the game out before I think about buying.
You could also try the RU version, it's fairly easy to install. You just need a VPN to bypass the region lock.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there free VPNs? Guess I can look around. I would never pay for one just to try a game. How big is ping in this game? Is it important , like BnS, me playing it for a little on TW servers was a huge difference between that and NA servers, where I had to wait to try and NA servers to get a real feel for the game before buying. The same thing for this game?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Those packs look pretty shit, and really not a fan of scaling headstart depending on how much you pay. I'll see if I can get a beta key for one of the CBT and buy the shitty pack I guess.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Are there free VPNs? Guess I can look around. I would never pay for one just to try a game. How big is ping in this game? Is it important , like BnS, me playing it for a little on TW servers was a huge difference between that and NA servers, where I had to wait to try and NA servers to get a real feel for the game before buying. The same thing for this game?
Yes, there are free VPNs. The one I use is calledSoftEtherwhich is completely free and usually has a few different VPNs in Russia that you can pick from. I've also heard people using the free version of WTFast to some success, but I haven't tried it myself. A key thing to note about SoftEther is to make sure you disconnect from the VPN when you're done using it because closing out of the application does not automatically disconnect you from the VPN.

Ping is also very important in BD, but you should still be able to get a feel of whether or not you'll like the game if you have bad ping.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Haven't really been following, but if true that makes me lose most of my interest in the game. I thought it was supposed to be an awesome sandbox game like Archeage, ideally without all the hacking and the shitty cash shop ruining the game.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Have they announced what they are going to be selling in the cash shop for the B2P version?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They seem to be really rushing this and trying to get the most money they can quickly.