Black Desert

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sure they have it all down and probably has been down for months now. Ambiguity makes for better Hopium and that makes better PR.

If I had to guess all the "changes" were probably set in stone sometime in early January when they sent their request over to Korea.
Doubt it. They only started pushing their NA/EU version once BnS announced it would be coming over here. They're rushing.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean worst case they're just as mediocre and unrefined? Not a big deal.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm too jaded to pre-order anything these days, but barring it being a complete dumpster fire on launch I'll be playing.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bleh I preordered, everything I saw online seemed like it would at least be fun in a D3 combat for a few hours sort of way. I think the classes I thought were cool aren't in NA version yet though?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does this game have any PVE at all other than world bosses?
Fishing/hunting, endless grinding? LOL.

Honestly I don't think so. Supposedly they have some group oriented small dungeons in KR but I don't think its dungeons like people think of today(finding bosses/named). But nothing like raids or other traditional end-game pve.

Seems like all the bigger named or boss type mobs that used to be in world, turned into scrolls that you use to summon them, instead of them roaming around(IE trophy for everyone).

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There are items you can get from mob drops and fishing (and the AH) that when lined up a certain way in your inventory and clicked on produce a summon scroll. When you use this scroll you automatically get a quest, and and after you defeat the summons the black spirit rewards you. Everyone in your party also gets a loot drop from the mob. The reward/loot consist of hunter seals which can be turned in for weapon/armor blackstones (the item used to + your gear) and memory fragments (which restore item durability). So, what you do is, get a group together where everyone has a bunch of these scrolls, and spam them. Each summons only took like a minute or two when I was duoing them, so a full group should down them super fast.

You can then either use the items on your gear, or sell them on the AH for tons of silver. This and grinding mobs is your pve, pretty much.

I've been playing in KR for the past 5 weeks, and IMO the game has a lot of interesting systems on the surface, and great graphics/animations and combat, but there's not really much depth. The fact that the economy is so limited and controlled really lessens the sandbox aspect. Overall, the game is just one long grind for currency to throw into the rng machine. I've learned enough about the game to know I won't be playing NA, but I'm sure people will get some enjoyment out of it before the shiny wear off.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Guess I'm gonna have to skip this. Not a pvp person. The world looks beautiful, but yeah. Need some dungeons, raids or something.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
There are items you can get from mob drops and fishing (and the AH) that when lined up a certain way in your inventory and clicked on produce a summon scroll. When you use this scroll you automatically get a quest, and and after you defeat the summons the black spirit rewards you. Everyone in your party also gets a loot drop from the mob. The reward/loot consist of hunter seals which can be turned in for weapon/armor blackstones (the item used to + your gear) and memory fragments (which restore item durability). So, what you do is, get a group together where everyone has a bunch of these scrolls, and spam them. Each summons only took like a minute or two when I was duoing them, so a full group should down them super fast.

You can then either use the items on your gear, or sell them on the AH for tons of silver. This and grinding mobs is your pve, pretty much.

I've been playing in KR for the past 5 weeks, and IMO the game has a lot of interesting systems on the surface, and great graphics/animations and combat, but there's not really much depth. The fact that the economy is so limited and controlled really lessens the sandbox aspect. Overall, the game is just one long grind for currency to throw into the rng machine. I've learned enough about the game to know I won't be playing NA, but I'm sure people will get some enjoyment out of it before the shiny wear off.
What about guild wars or sieges?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guess I'm gonna have to skip this. Not a pvp person. The world looks beautiful, but yeah. Need some dungeons, raids or something.
You know if you think about it, its really only missing raids(as in the log in once or a few times a week in your own little instance and kill stuff for loot). Dungeons people did just for boss/loot/daily and no one cared about trash, so you could say the scroll summon things take that place.

After that you still have dailies + all the sandboxy type things(housing, taming/horse breeding, fishing/hunting, crafting, pet breeding etc). With the added bonus that you never actually stop earning exp, so always gaining something for mobs you kill.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
The whole node and trading thing looks fun too.
I was messing around with this last night and it definitely has some depth to it. Figuring out which homes to purchase based on which amenities you need, coupled with what nodes are in the area, which workers you have and then setting up the trade routes is pretty cool. I think you've said it before but it's basically what WoW garrisons should have been.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I was messing around with this last night and it definitely has some depth to it. Figuring out which homes to purchase based on which amenities you need, coupled with what nodes are in the area, which workers you have and then setting up the trade routes is pretty cool. I think you've said it before but it's basically what WoW garrisons should have been.
What intrigues me is that it appears to have a RTS feel to it with the logistics. That's something that isn't usually needed in an MMO so I'm interested in trying that out. Also I'm lazy as Hell so that auto-pathing feature is right up my alley.

Maric

N00b
PALUM: "Bleh I preordered, everything I saw online seemed like it would at least be fun in a D3 combat for a few hours sort of way. I think the classes I thought were cool aren't in NA version yet though?"

I don't know man. I thought the wizard was a blast to play. I think the launch classes are solid.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What's the opinion on the pre-order packages? I haven't followed or play enough to be evaluate the value of the stuff included.

Price is not really an issue if the value is good enough.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
The biggest values for the Conqueror's pack are going to be :

• 96 hour head start - This is pretty big since it takes very little time to reach the soft cap of 50.
  • Additional character slots - Energy is per character (max cap. is account bound).
  • T5 Horse - Taming can be a pain so the sooner you get a horse the better.
  • Pet - Your pet loots for you so you're going to want this soon. Matter of fact, you are probably going to want 2 more additional pets since looting is slow and you can have 3 active.
  • 2500 pearls for the cash shop - Use this on extra inventory, extra weight and character slots.
  • 10 Partial Skill Resets - Skill points aren't difficult to obtain but they are important and resetting them to test shit out is pretty handy.

The rest is essentially fluff: decor coupons, dye boxes, appearance change, free harvesting tools, and a whistle that lets you call your mount from further away.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I bought the cheap one. I get the sinking feeling I just paid to play a f2p game instead of buying a real b2p title like GW2. We'll see though.

How are the warrior/valkyrie? I don't mind being a disabler/tank/support but don't want to be a Tera style Lancer thats dogshit slow