Black Desert

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Goddamnit did I miss another key giveaway? I swear to god I find out about every one of them after the fact.

They give a solid launch date yet?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Goddamnit did I miss another key giveaway? I swear to god I find out about every one of them after the fact.

They give a solid launch date yet?
Follow them on twitter. I know twitter is a pile of crap but it's a good way to know when the beta contests start. Also follow any of the fan sites and stuff.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Tamer blows end game PvP since the pet dies so easy and then you lose a lot of dps, PvE though it is a fun class and holds it own at 55.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The game won't launch with the end game level where the pet dies a lot. Also tamer awakening should be released any day now.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You can't really play the economy since the prices are fixed.
You can make a decent profit on fishing gear, there is also trading in game and not on the AH which can be lucrative. There are also trade goods from drops or fishing that can have their value inflated significantly if you know what you are doing. Economy is far more than just the AH in this game.

It's all money in the end and all part of the economy. The standardized range ah prices are just one part of that.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Everything in the economy is controlled. Everything you do can be boiled down into a flat rate of average silver per hour. Crafting/trading/drops, it's all the same. It will be even worse for NA with the processing requiring energy bullshit. I've played the game a month and a half in KR, I've seen it. You can maximize your efficiency by having your npc workers going as much as possible, grinding mobs all day, and either fishing or horse leveling while afk (IF NA gets the autorun-loop feature. it wasn't in last beta).

You grind out silver. That's it. There's noplayingthe economy.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm intrigued to see how fixed AH pricing is going to do in NA/EU. No one buying out entire stocks and re-selling higher, bots controlling entire markets and flooding them etc. People with scripts/mods to auto-bid on items at the last second so they win it cheaper without effort.

Though I have read about some instances where the prices are way below the cost of materials, so maybe their algorithms need work.

Will be interesting to see how it works out. I could see more games doing it + no p2p trading, as a way to combat all the RMT/Bots that infest so many games these days.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wait, is that true for everything in game? I don't even know if you can buy gear and stuff, but I figured you guys were just talking about commodities.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you sell on the AH the prices are done by the developers(How I dunno, I guessed on the algorithm part) and it's a range(like 2-4 million). You can't go any higher or lower then what is set. And since there is no player to player trading, it's the only way to sell things to other players(pretty sure, unless there is a weird work around).

Will be interesting to see if it removes RMT/botters mostly from the game(Can easily still sell accounts).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So essentially if you farm/build a Thunderfury, first person to grab it off the AH wins because there's no real competitive bidding?

Wouldn't bots still be able to multiply acquisition, though? I'm basically imagining EVE economy.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure by "wins", because I don't think there is anything with that kind of rarity. And the "hard" things to get will be tied to enchanting past 15.

But yes that's why, from what I have read, there are races to the AH, because the game has pop ups that tell you when something is being registered for the AH and what prices(no clue on the actual timer, if its a set number or random).

And I guess bots could farm and sell gear/drops, but what are they going to do with the currency? They can't sell it(As they can't trade it). I mean maybe keep it on an account and sell the account but that's it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Not sure by "wins", because I don't think there is anything with that kind of rarity. And the "hard" things to get will be tied to enchanting past 15.

But yes that's why, from what I have read, there are races to the AH, because the game has pop ups that tell you when something is being registered for the AH and what prices(no clue on the actual timer, if its a set number or random).

And I guess bots could farm and sell gear/drops, but what are they going to do with the currency? They can't sell it(As they can't trade it). I mean maybe keep it on an account and sell the account but that's it.
Ohhh, no trading of currency. lol gold farmers. This could be good.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Aren't the AH prices still ranges, or are they always set? Like say you want to sell wool or whatever, you can't undercut anyone selling your wool? You have to sell at the current price regardless? Cause assuming you can undercut and items have a price range min/max, you still could transfer gold, it'd just be annoying as shit.

Player A buys 10g worth of 1g per unit items, relists them at max price(assuming 10g). Gold seller buys all these, you now "bought" 90g. Now buy 90 more, relist at 10g each, gold seller buys everything, bam 990 gold profit. Obviously it's a lot more annoying if the max price is say 3g, cause then it takes fucking forever, and it's also obvious as fuck what you're doing if there's any logs.

Played a bit with the char creator. Is there no way to resize the neck or the head compared to body? Proportions looked fucked up when I made a muscular woman, like her head was 10-15% too small or something, and her neck was almost as large as her head. Also while way more detailed, and the characters look a ton better, I think I preferred the simplicity of the BnS char builder. The BDO builder has more depth, but it also makes it a lot more complex to approach.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
We don't know. We do know that prices for things are different on KR vs RU. Somethings are lower on RU, some are higher. Depends on what it is. Silver and materials are much harder to get on RU. The range does seem as though it does change over time. I believe what the system does is just make prices sticky short term and there may be a hard coded range in there as well there isn't a ton of information on it but the prices (and range) do move some in RU just very sticky.

You can list at the highest price without issue. However the buyer can only buy the lowest priced item. 30% commission to the AH is very steep. There aren't going to be a ton of buyouts and relists on the market IMO.