Black Desert

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There mght be a dupe out there but some people are just geting 2x or 3x preorder items, which isnt a big deal compared to a real dupe.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I remember back at the WoW launch, I was privy to certain players duping gold and selling it to gold sites. One guy made over a hundred thousand dollars before he even reached level 50 (two weeks), and that's only what I found out about on Stormreaver.

I reported it a couple times, talked to the GMs and was told over and over again that 'there's no duping in World of Warcraft'. I even showed them screenshots of people putting max gold in the trade window a month after launch. They were in serious denial and last I heard it became pretty widespread in some of the more recent expansions. Probably not the same bug, but...
biggrin.png

1,000 gold was something like $99.99 right after launch. They never would tell me how they did it, only offered to buy me anything off of the auction house. I don't blame them, and had they told me I probably would've sold out too... Just way too much money, and the currency markets didn't have their bots running yet so they were willing to buy it all up and resell it.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember back at the WoW launch, I was privy to certain players duping gold and selling it to gold sites. One guy made over a hundred thousand dollars before he even reached level 50 (two weeks), and that's only what I found out about on Stormreaver.

I reported it a couple times, talked to the GMs and was told over and over again that 'there's no duping in World of Warcraft'. I even showed them screenshots of people putting max gold in the trade window a month after launch. They were in serious denial and last I heard it became pretty widespread in some of the more recent expansions. Probably not the same bug, but...
biggrin.png

1,000 gold was something like $99.99 right after launch. They never would tell me how they did it, only offered to buy me anything off of the auction house. I don't blame them, and had they told me I probably would've sold out too... Just way too much money, and the currency markets didn't have their bots running yet so they were willing to buy it all up and resell it.
First rule about duping is you dont tell anyone else how to dupe, or that you are duping for that matter.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
First rule about duping is you dont tell anyone else how to dupe, or that you are duping for that matter.
I really would like to know in hindsight, because duping in games is probably done through similar routines. I don't know if it's true but I've been told the Ultima Online dupe involved the t2a portal that would teleport you to the expansion lands if you said three words (forgot which precisely). They'd make a macro and spam the words over, and over, and over and queue it up and then pull the plug on their connection.

I don't know if that's how it was done, but that's what I had heard at the time. I don't know how that doubles your inventory though... and I'd imagine most dupes involve trade windows, so I'm a little skeptical.

This game not having trading would seem to hinder some duping.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
100k usd from duping is intense. I doubt there was any widespread duping on Arthas at rrlease.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I really would like to know in hindsight, because duping in games is probably done through similar routines. I don't know if it's true but I've been told the Ultima Online dupe involved the t2a portal that would teleport you to the expansion lands if you said three words (forgot which precisely). They'd make a macro and spam the words over, and over, and over and queue it up and then pull the plug on their connection.

I don't know if that's how it was done, but that's what I had heard at the time. I don't know how that doubles your inventory though... and I'd imagine most dupes involve trade windows, so I'm a little skeptical.

This game not having trading would seem to hinder some duping.
Don't really know how duping works in modern games, but in old games like UO and AC, it often had to do with the fact you could drop items in the world(EQ too iirc). In UO the first dupes were very early and simply involved portals, holding shit while portalling(like not in your bag, but on your left mouse click to move holding stuff) and then doing some shit. Honestly I forgot the details, I didn't dupe but my guild did and we all got banned for it. Was by the time the game had gone fairly shit with Trammel anyway so no big loss there. AC was the same, it involved dropping bags with items and logging off while picking them up or some shit, I forgot, but we duped a bunch of stuff there too. Smart duping though this time so we didn't get caught, we duped quest items that we then turned in at a NPC(so all the duped items disappeared from the world as they were produced), and it fed xp to the xp chain at a crazy pace.

By the time wow hit though, I had stopped using most of the cheats/exploits, so I have no idea how dupes there worked, or how they worked in most games after. But generally has to do with the game saving your inventory and saving another place(someone else's inventory, your bank etc) at different times when you disconnect/leave the game world(like say queuing for a dungeon that TPs you inside) and getting it to save in both at the same time.

If it's just preorder pets shit though, it probably wouldn't be a dupe? Would make more sense to dupe stuff that wasn't so fucking obvious, but then again most dupes end because people dupe stupid shit, like the unique GSAs in AC.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Hey I wouldn't mind an invite to PRX. Name is Draelo Stormhands.

Also I didn't play the beta is anyone else as lost as I am? There's a lot I have no idea how to do. I actually am kind of enjoying the mystery. I really can't remember the last time I was interested in finding out mechanics etc.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Also I didn't play the beta is anyone else as lost as I am? There's a lot I have no idea how to do. I actually am kind of enjoying the mystery. I really can't remember the last time I was interested in finding out mechanics etc.
Sometimes it's best to play these games totally blind. I try to just learn enough to pick my class and then go in fresh.

As for joining PRX, check out the OP, it has all the instructions. Right now it's a bit chaotic given that we have 132 people in our TS and our primary guild's cap is like 40 (It goes up to 100), but we're communicating pretty well via our forum and TS.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Still don't have preorder items, riding donkey. Or not, since donkey is dumb and slow.

Also I can't believe how crowded pretty much all channels are and it's only headstart...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Good first day.
smile.png

Started badly with the server/channel issue since I had made my character early on the channel that had issue, so this morning when I started my characters, all 4 of them were on the wrong server. I created new ones on the server I wanted but couldn't use my names since they are region bound and not server.

Anyways, I made all 4 again, good thing I had saved the template to make them so it was quick. Levelled them all to 4 so I could switch between them without logging to character select. They are now collecting energy slowly offline to be used for various stuff like levelling nodes, buying workers etc...

I played 2 characters, my main which I play when I am with my friend is a tamer. She's now 15 and just started around Hidel. I am not levelling hard, busy questing and talking to everyone. Unlocked most of the knowledge around Velia, and started gaining Amity with people of Velia to unlock all the the quests there. I also bought a house, and hired a few workers. And got them busy on potatoes. I unlocked nodes between Olvia and Velia, so I could leave my main to ask fish during the night a little west of Olvia and sell the fish for decent profit in Velia.

I also levelled a witch when my friend wasn't on, she's 16 but still in Velia, I really appreciate the fact that all the quest I unlocked on my main were unlocked for the alt.

Almost 40 contribution point, probably can unlock nodes between Velia and Hidel. Could make a longer trade route, be useful to sell some of the trade items from mobs around Hidel that will sell nicely in Velia or Olvia.

Petit happy with how's things went overall. There is so much to do...quest, grind levels, process, craft, fish, trade, conversation to gain Amity. I don't know what to do. In no rush though.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yeap.. was moving during CBT2. Missed the earlier betas, jumped on the bandwagon too late. Having a lot of fun exploring though, map and the weird game mechanics. Don't know how this is going to work in the long run but I sure do love how different his game is. Been a long time since a mmo felt this way.

Don't have my preorder items yet, not that big a deal. Kind of like the chaotic start and the gm's attitudes. Reminds me of that old EQ excuse that use to piss so many people off.. "working as intended", even when you knew they were full of it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What Classes are you Guys lacking in PRX atm, I start in two days
frown.png
I recommend people pick whatever class they think will keep them playing the longest. If it's all the same to them I always recommend someone good in GvG PvP. So probably wizard/witch.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's basically an old school MMO with modern combat and gfx. You will get fucked. Example: earlier I tried cooking materials to make something because I figured 'cooking' was the same as 'heating'. Big mistake, poof all materials die and it tells me 'well what are you, stupid?'

The biggest aggravations I have aren't really the mechanics but the little things. IE, the mobs take TOO long to engage you, so to round shit up for AOE you are kind of waiting for dude-men to unsheath swords, yell, turn around slowly, charge by you sort of, then bump slightly to the left, then attack you... it's meh but you can deal with it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ah, OK works now anyway.

So now that I've connected Velia and Heidel what do I do for trading? Just spend an energy to look at trade prices, buy out as much as I can carry and drive it down there and sell it to the trade lady?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Edit UI in the menu usually fixes the other issues. Click on the eye button if you lose the mini-map etc. Just a fyi

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
I'm still confused on how exactly to connect nodes to each and to other cities. Heck i just figured out how to get a horse and im lvl 14 atm. Some people are already lvl 50 with millions of gold and im just like how the heck?