Black Desert

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Unless you dislike the class I'd keep with the wizard/witch! There is a reason there are so many of them and so few Giants.
I sometimes prefer playing the under represented class, but not if they're really much weaker
wink.png
Torn between witch / tamer.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
No pressure but but if there are any other guest passes going to waste I would love one as well.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
With the movement and pots no class is getting free kills unless there is just completely broken mechanics. And It doesn't look broken to me.

spronk

FPS noob
was browsing twitch and saw this game pop up, don't really play MMOs anymore but i thought it was cool that kungen was playing this and streaming the game. I guess he has been up 24 hours?
Twitch - KungenTV

kungen used to be the dude who lead one of the big Wow guilds during the raiding heydays, many of you probably watched his guilds youtube videos

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Any PRX streamers by chance? Not planning on playing, but I enjoyed PRX in GW2 so I wouldn't mind following along.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I normally enjoy playing ranged classes, specifically Mage style classes, however am having second thoughts now it looks like everyone and their dog play wizard/witch/ranger. Is sorc more melee than ranged? Not sure what to play now!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I heard Giants are Bad in 1v1 but in grp pvp they are great cause of their spin to win crowd control.
Giants are fine in 1 pvp if you can anim cancel and play really well. In group pvp they are great for lockdowns, spin to win is mostly a pve mechanic.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Few more days til I can play, but going to be playing a zerker/Giant most likely. I fucking loved how it felt in the CB2 but yeah I didn't get very high and I feel like I'm going to get shit on in PvP but then you do your little enrage thing and slam the ground a billion times and it's so satisfying even just for that, lmao. That or valk, mostly cause valk has a bit more support but it ain't much.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
From everything I've read, Wizards/Witches are the weakest in 1v1. Even if you're going to win a fight, people can just run away.

Giants seem to do pretty well, especially with the awakening Megaman cannon.

Oddly enough people consider them the 2nd most overpowered class behind Ranger. And the least played.

Nobody bothered to upload Wizard 1v1 PvP videos, and that should tell you all you need to know.
biggrin.png

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I normally enjoy playing ranged classes, specifically Mage style classes, however am having second thoughts now it looks like everyone and their dog play wizard/witch/ranger. Is sorc more melee than ranged? Not sure what to play now!
My sorc is still low level but she is not your typical mmo magic wielder. Lots of in your face attacks. Some range also, but you can't rely on it. I love it, but usually play warrior type classes. So the up close and personal stuff works for me.

Greyform

Sounds like some pretty decent reviews of this release. It's been awhile since we've had one. I might have to turn the beast on and give it a try.

Woolygimp

Speed grinding is great... if you're leveling a farming character. If you're playing you're main, you should probably do the nodes/quests. You need that contribution EXP anyway if you want to accomplish anything. Mobs seem to drop pretty similar loot no matter which level, so it's not like you can hit 50 and become Richie Rich.

Doing nodes takes forever if you try to run back and do them again. Takes energy and you have to run through the entire world again.

Woolygimp

I wish the worker/production side of the game was better explained. It's not very intuitive, and there's no in-game explanation for any of it. I went on a wild goose chase for an hour because an online guide did a poor job of explaining a relatively basic task.
frown.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
How's the pop? Judging by what i've read this isn't quite a traditional MMO experience (maybe it is) but are there people in newbie areas going berserk over every rat and bat? Anyone care to give their first 30 min - 1 hour experience of the game?

Woolygimp

How's the pop? Judging by what i've read this isn't quite a traditional MMO experience (maybe it is) but are there people in newbie areas going berserk over every rat and bat? Anyone care to give their first 30 min - 1 hour experience of the game?
Every popular grinding spot was overcrowded like a van with Mexicans all the way up to 40. The respawn for some spots was so high though you didn't even need to move, even with 5 people. I'd say there were close to 300 people just at Monastery the first time through.

On my new character, everything is empty. There's going to be a surge of people again when the game releases tomorrow, and they'll all be around the same level, in the same spot. If you get ahead of the pack, you're golden but that's almost impossible unless you have a 5 man premade. If you wait a day, or are questing, you don't need to worry at all.

Morph_hammer

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am really interested in trying this out. Feels like everything ArcheAge could have been if it was done better. If someone has a guest pass lying around I'd love to check the game out.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Shoot me one as well if there's any to spare. Game has my attention. At this point, what's expectations? I have none so can't hurt.