Black Desert

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's just insane. Their pricing and RNG structure is what's going to make this game just another archeage for me. Luckily, it looks like I can dick around with crafting and fishing on my slow climb to 50 or whatever the max level is, at which point I'll quit. Fucking cash transactions are ruining the video game industry.

I could justify shelling out $15 here and there because it would be the equivalent of a Wow / EQ / FFXIV subscription, but this is just a little ridiculous.
And wait until everyone figures how OP and mandatory theGhille suit($30 in cash shop only, the camouflage) is for PvP.

And wait until everyone figures how OP and mandatory theGhille suit($30 in cash shop only, the camouflage) is for PvP.
Nah on my ranger I dont have a Ghille suit, and any time I have ran into some one trying to gank me with one on I just either Wreck them or if its a +15 guy hit my run away skill and go prone in a bush to hide, they dont add combat stats just hide your name.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I've found range of target recognition in this game is low no matter what, and dog special skill lights up Ghille suits with a bright red beam just like everyone else as soon as their namewould bevisible (the range at which you would know friend or foe anyway). So it's either pay $27 to hide your name and look like a bush or pay $7 to laugh at the people that do.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Lame, I don't think I can get used to it.
Having the same problem. I'm trying all the classes hoping to find one that is reasonable. I can kill stuff by just randomly mashing stuff but none of it makes any sense. It's like virtual fighter.

All these third person games with twitchy combat have had the same problem since they started: Locking you into a direction because the animations translate. You end up swinging off to the side of what you want to hit and dashing by them.

I did unbind whatever was on shift, can't remember what it was called and that helped with the random flying about. I also discovered you can't bind modified keys like ctrl-z is sheathe/unsheathe for me on every game that has ever had it. Can't do that here.

What I don't get is where this came from? Consoles were illegal in korea for a jillion years. How did they design all this spazzy stuff? Did they hire a 16 year old kid from the states? For years they were stuck in a rut of click on the ground to move and one handed controls so you could smoke with the other. Now they've gone a little off the deep end imho.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Is Trader bargaining "mini game" total random chance or is it possible to actually influence the balance?
Very certain it's 100% random, although it seems with certain traders the more quests you've done with them/higher your trade level (not sure which) it increases their chances to bargain from like 3 to 5.

Raign

Golden Squire
Can you guys post up your keybindings? Having to use S and F as attack buttons if fucking my world up, can you even re-bind them to something else without fucking up your movement keys? I haven't looked into it yet and figured you guys probably had some sweet bindings.

I keep trying to fight shit and end up doing cartwheels off into a field of daisies instead.
I keybind everything to number pad or are tied to the various wheels and buttons of my Cyborg MMO 7 mouse, so odds are mine would be irrelevant for you unfortunately.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This game is amazing on a G13

g13-gaming-gameboard-images.png

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm thoroughly enjoying myself in this game. Took a complete side track into crafting, gathering, and trading. I need to get moved over to Hidel, and finish up my Black Spirit quests and activities. Only lvl 18 and I'm just enjoying the ride, think I'll be playing this for awhile.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Can you guys post up your keybindings? Having to use S and F as attack buttons if fucking my world up, can you even re-bind them to something else without fucking up your movement keys? I haven't looked into it yet and figured you guys probably had some sweet bindings.

I keep trying to fight shit and end up doing cartwheels off into a field of daisies instead.
I changed my movement keys from WASD to ESDF. That screws up the abilities mapped to E and F. For those, remap Special Ability 1 and Special Ability 2 to whatever two keys you want to use instead of E and F. For me I went with W and A. The thing is, your abilities that used E and F still display E and F on the ability tooltip but you press W and A to activate them.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Very certain it's 100% random, although it seems with certain traders the more quests you've done with them/higher your trade level (not sure which) it increases their chances to bargain from like 3 to 5.
I think what they say has something to do with increasing your chances to be successful though.
Like "The trader is not paying any attention to you." in which you should yell instead of pressing the shake-hands icon.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm thoroughly enjoying myself in this game. Took a complete side track into crafting, gathering, and trading. I need to get moved over to Hidel, and finish up my Black Spirit quests and activities. Only lvl 18 and I'm just enjoying the ride, think I'll be playing this for awhile.
Exact same here. I FINALLY got my ass over to Hidel because I was getting annoyed at this quest that requires copper ingots that I have to learn about there haha. Crafting and trading done right gives me such a hardon. I'm become the trade lord rn

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Any more guest passes sitting around? +nets is all I can offer. Maybe some dick pix if requested.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the number of hotkeys being so artificially limiting what's the value in the G13? I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the buttons on my G600.
I rebound Q and E and F to my g600. Just so I could do things like S+Q, S+E, S+F etc without it feeling clunky. I don't mind doing things like shift + button, or ctrl + button. but hitting S + another key to activate a ability feels all wrong to me, so I had to change.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
With the number of hotkeys being so artificially limiting what's the value in the G13? I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the buttons on my G600.
I rest my fingers and on the g10 11 12 keys like you're meant to. Those three keys are f e and jump. I use the 15 key for shift and 3 key for pots. My g600 third mouse button is q.

Works real well.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My enjoyment of this game is tempered by the lack of channels on Edan. The combat becomes unfun when you are running in a cave for 3 minutes in between the one mob at a time you manage to steal from a ranger or wizard.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This looks pretty cool. Anyone willing to toss me a guest pass or whatever? Me love you long time.